Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Am I so bad in identifying sound quality?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Am I so bad in identifying sound quality? - Page 3

post #31 of 571
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

Have they ACTUALLY slipped out on you, or do you just think they will? You are wearing them over the ear, correct? I only ask because I let a friend try my EX600 and he wore them down LOL.
 



 


Sometimes they slipped out when I was just moving around my head. Yes I wrapped the wires over the ears.

 

post #32 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostid View Post


Sometimes they slipped out when I was just moving around my head. Yes I wrapped the wires over the ears.

 



You could have a bad seal then.

post #33 of 571

I really don't know what to tell you. With the right tip fully inserted into the ear canal, these shouldn't just be slipping out. Once they're in, they stay in. I can face my ear to the ground and shake my head like I'm trying to get water out of my ear while wearing these and they don't come out.

post #34 of 571

It's probably because some people here are extreme bassheads and they may not know it. The EX-600s are in no way bass monsters and may not be able to beat stock earbuds in bass alone. But the EX600s have probably better soundstage, clarity, highs, mids, more controlled bass than those cheap stock earbuds. 

post #35 of 571
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post

It's probably because some people here are extreme bassheads and they may not know it. The EX-600s are in no way bass monsters and may not be able to beat stock earbuds in bass alone. But the EX600s have probably better soundstage, clarity, highs, mids, more controlled bass than those cheap stock earbuds. 



For whatever reason, the OEM headset for my old Blackberry just amazingly works for me. I thought I wouldn't want to touch it after getting the EX600 and I was wrong - even with one of the covers gone and the metal part hurting my ear.

 

By the way, I also feel the earbud came with the iphone 4s is not bad at all.

 

IMG_0041.JPG

post #36 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostid View Post



For whatever reason, the OEM headset for my old Blackberry just amazingly works for me. I thought I wouldn't want to touch it after getting the EX600 and I was wrong - even with one of the covers gone and the metal part hurting my ear.

 

By the way, I also feel the earbud came with the iphone 4s is not bad at all.

 

IMG_0041.JPG



Then probably the sound of IEMs may not do for you. Earbuds are often able to provide that kind of deeper bass. I would recommend you to look at more pricey earbuds made by Sennheiser or Audio-Technica instead of IEMs.

post #37 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



Then probably the sound of IEMs may not do for you. Earbuds are often able to provide that kind of deeper bass. I would recommend you to look at more pricey earbuds made by Sennheiser or Audio-Technica instead of IEMs.


I disagree. In all my experiences, earbuds cannot give the same amount of bass quantity or quality compared to IEMs. Mainly because IEMs actually have a "seal" and in turn the bass can actually be felt. In earbuds, there is no isolation, too much leakage and bass cannot give the same rumble found in IEMs. Whether the IEM has this "deep bass" depends on the IEM's sound sig. Something like the CK10 will obviously not give you the same rumble as the FX700. 

 

post #38 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckc View Post


I disagree. In all my experiences, earbuds cannot give the same amount of bass quantity or quality compared to IEMs. Mainly because IEMs actually have a "seal" and in turn the bass can actually be felt. In earbuds, there is no isolation, too much leakage and bass cannot give the same rumble found in IEMs. Whether the IEM has this "deep bass" depends on the IEM's sound sig. Something like the CK10 will obviously not give you the same rumble as the FX700. 

 



But I find the apple earbuds to have even deeper bass than my already deep bass monster turbines. I guess that earbuds cannot give that kind of bass that IEMs have to offer, but the OP here obviously prefers the sound signature from earbuds more than IEMs. Unless maybe he gets to try others?

post #39 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post

But I find the apple earbuds to have even deeper bass than my already deep bass monster turbines. I guess that earbuds cannot give that kind of bass that IEMs have to offer, but the OP here obviously prefers the sound signature from earbuds more than IEMs. Unless maybe he gets to try others?


That's interesting and although I cannot relate, one should always trust their own ears. 

 

post #40 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckc View Post


That's interesting and although I cannot relate, one should always trust their own ears. 

 



Well, to me anyways. Earbuds looks like a minified ver. of a full sized headphone, so should it be able to give a wider sound-stage of some sorts? Compared to an IEM that the sound only travels straight in one direction?

post #41 of 571

Impossible, sorry, the apple earbuds (stock ones) never have as much bass as even £10 JVC earphones.

Although the apple in-ears worth around £60-100 or so, have deep bass, but my sony EX500's worth around £45 beat them by a long way.

post #42 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Impossible, sorry, the apple earbuds (stock ones) never have as much bass as even £10 JVC earphones.

Although the apple in-ears worth around £60-100 or so, have deep bass, but my sony EX500's worth around £45 beat them by a long way.



Well, I know the apple earbuds don't have much bass, but they do sound really deep to me. 

post #43 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post

Well, I know the apple earbuds don't have much bass, but they do sound really deep to me. 

 

This surprises me.

I have heard apple earbuds, and I do remember them, they didn't stand a chance vs my £5-10 sony earphones i bought...they were semi-in-ears too...
 

 

 

post #44 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostid View Post



For whatever reason, the OEM headset for my old Blackberry just amazingly works for me. I thought I wouldn't want to touch it after getting the EX600 and I was wrong - even with one of the covers gone and the metal part hurting my ear.

 

By the way, I also feel the earbud came with the iphone 4s is not bad at all.

 

IMG_0041.JPG


It would be interesting to find out who made the buds for Blackberry. They may turn out to be very good in the first place. I could never get over what an upgrade my Senn mm500s were over the Apple buds that came with my ipod. Why did Apple not supply decent ones in the first place? It is not as if decent buds or IEMs are that expensive. Maybe Blackberry have gone one step further than Apple and specified decent buds?

 

If you are happy then I would keep what you have. It is a total audiophile myth that you have spend shedloads to get really good sound quality and upgradeitis always carries the risk that you can never find something you are happy with.

 

post #45 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckc View Post


That's true that the OP is listening to the same track. However, I find some higher end IEMs less forgiving of the track quality. The W3 for example, exposes all the faults in a poorly recorded track like no other, whereas the conventional earbud or lower end models may not. It "smoothes" over the track and in turn, they sound better than a less forgiving IEM that reveals everything bad about the track. 

 



Well said. Also Check your seals

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Am I so bad in identifying sound quality?