Still waiting to receive mine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHisoundaudio RoCoo Ptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHisoundaudio Studio Vtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productNationite S:Flo2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productTeclast T51tagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Any great portable digital players?Just got SONY EX1000, but also got frustrated. Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- A good DAP that sounds better than the Zune HD. Last post on 6/16/13 at 5:52am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- where to buy S:Flo only on Mp4 nation? Last post on 6/29/10 at 1:33am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
RoCoo P DAP - Full Review - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was a Rocoo P auction winner yesterday myself after reading some of the comments on it yesterday. So, I have one coming and a pair of the Live earbuds. I also have an Ety P->S adapter to try out with it as well if need be. I am with goodvibes in that the P hits the sweet spot size-wise. Look forward to getting my player as a former AMP3 owner that thought it needed more power. A better deal this time price-wise as well esp. including the Live buds.
These definitely break in. I'm very happy with stock FW at this point, IEMs included. The top has opened up just enough where stock is preferred. It's also got more texture and the mids has lost that extra thickness. Really happy with this unit. It has a very non HFi type of presentation. Nice and natural without spectacular spotlighting or electronic glare while still informative. I suspect I could give it a run with an Ipod touch3/lod/amp but it would need to be an amp that cost as much as the retail Rocoo on it's own and then we run into my bulk issue. I wouldn't mind trying a Studio at some point but for me, the extra thickness isn't that appealing. Rocoo is a sweet spot for me.
I don't find the thickness to be an issue at all. The Studio V is just a bit under being double as thick but the same size in every other aspect. I find it very portable and the fact that it has 85+ hours of battery life on FLAC is well worth that minor extra bulk. If I was to use my UHA4 with my sansa fuze it is still thicker than the Studio V and that in itself is a small portable rig.
Anyone's display crooked? Mine's rotated a few degrees counter clockwise... a little annoying to look at.
This thing is tiny though! It's smaller than I was expecting... auditioning mine for the first time, just arrived a few minutes ago.
Definitely better than the iPhone's. I'm hearing a lot more instrument separation and a greater sound/head stage. Music sounds fuller, without being overly warm. Still early yet, but I'm liking what I hear so far - though sub-bass seems to be quieter than other sources I've listened to (iPhone, MacBook Pro, iPod Touch, Nano, Sansa Clip).
I'm wondering if one of the other firmwares will restore some of that missing sub-bass.... it's basically essential for my listening enjoyment. :) [EDIT: listening to Biosphere right now, and there's a ton of sub-bass - could be that this DAP reveals how the recording was intended, and the music I was listening to before that wasn't meant to have overly powerful sub-bass, despite it being louder from my MBP].
Using the same earphones, Monster Turbine Pro Copper, there's less hiss than my Macbook Pro.. it's barely audible. I'm going to listen with my UM3X later today and see what they sound like.
Edited by kloan - 1/9/12 at 12:32pm
Lol I'm not surprised the Rocoo P sounds better than the iphone 4. My Studio V takes a dump all over the iphone 4 from a sound quality stand point. I still enjoy the iphone 4 for what it does though. But it could never compare sound quality wise.
I was too hoping it to sound better than iphone, but I saw some comments that it sounded like iPhone 4, no improvements, as I remember those comments are in this thread.
Sadly you are right regarding this. Even my Dad couldn't tell a large difference between my Sennheiser IE8 vs the Bose IE2. There is such a huge difference between the two that he made me angry thinking otherwise lol.
Is the internal storage of the RoCoo P only 4GB? For some reason, I thought it was 8GB. I would have purchased a 32GB card if I'd known. I have a 16GB on the way... don't think that will be enough. FLAC files sure do take up a lot of storage space! lol...
Well at least you got the SD slot so no worries. The 32GB Micro SD cards are super cheap now. You can get them for around $30.00 on amazon.
If you're being general, I would say that a lot of people or push it to most people are unable to discern audible differences. Sadly, the numbers go up as you get older. Perhaps that's a good thing.
I'm glad to see that you all are still enjoying the dap. I sold mine because the bass was too muddy on some of my U2 tracks (yes, tested and confirmed it was the RoCoo-P). For those who have the opportunity to audition or purchase the HM-801, price aside, it is indeed in a different league, even over the Studio-I.
Edited by alphaphoenix - 1/9/12 at 1:19pm
- RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best headphones for Rock 23 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 47 seconds ago
- › Need help finding ~$200 over ear circumaural headphones for... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for $200 (Q/k701, HD598, DT-770-PRO-32, Grado SR225i?) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Open Back Vs Closed Back .. what is better for me? 1 minute ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe