Still waiting to receive mine.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any great portable digital players?Just got SONY EX1000, but also got frustrated. Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- A good DAP that sounds better than the Zune HD. Last post on 8/30/12 at 1:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 5/12/13 at 2:30am in Portable Source Gear
- where to buy S:Flo only on Mp4 nation? Last post on 6/29/10 at 1:33am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
RoCoo P DAP - Full Review - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was a Rocoo P auction winner yesterday myself after reading some of the comments on it yesterday. So, I have one coming and a pair of the Live earbuds. I also have an Ety P->S adapter to try out with it as well if need be. I am with goodvibes in that the P hits the sweet spot size-wise. Look forward to getting my player as a former AMP3 owner that thought it needed more power. A better deal this time price-wise as well esp. including the Live buds.
These definitely break in. I'm very happy with stock FW at this point, IEMs included. The top has opened up just enough where stock is preferred. It's also got more texture and the mids has lost that extra thickness. Really happy with this unit. It has a very non HFi type of presentation. Nice and natural without spectacular spotlighting or electronic glare while still informative. I suspect I could give it a run with an Ipod touch3/lod/amp but it would need to be an amp that cost as much as the retail Rocoo on it's own and then we run into my bulk issue. I wouldn't mind trying a Studio at some point but for me, the extra thickness isn't that appealing. Rocoo is a sweet spot for me.
I don't find the thickness to be an issue at all. The Studio V is just a bit under being double as thick but the same size in every other aspect. I find it very portable and the fact that it has 85+ hours of battery life on FLAC is well worth that minor extra bulk. If I was to use my UHA4 with my sansa fuze it is still thicker than the Studio V and that in itself is a small portable rig.
Anyone's display crooked? Mine's rotated a few degrees counter clockwise... a little annoying to look at.
This thing is tiny though! It's smaller than I was expecting... auditioning mine for the first time, just arrived a few minutes ago.
Definitely better than the iPhone's. I'm hearing a lot more instrument separation and a greater sound/head stage. Music sounds fuller, without being overly warm. Still early yet, but I'm liking what I hear so far - though sub-bass seems to be quieter than other sources I've listened to (iPhone, MacBook Pro, iPod Touch, Nano, Sansa Clip).
I'm wondering if one of the other firmwares will restore some of that missing sub-bass.... it's basically essential for my listening enjoyment. :) [EDIT: listening to Biosphere right now, and there's a ton of sub-bass - could be that this DAP reveals how the recording was intended, and the music I was listening to before that wasn't meant to have overly powerful sub-bass, despite it being louder from my MBP].
Using the same earphones, Monster Turbine Pro Copper, there's less hiss than my Macbook Pro.. it's barely audible. I'm going to listen with my UM3X later today and see what they sound like.
Edited by kloan - 1/9/12 at 12:32pm
Lol I'm not surprised the Rocoo P sounds better than the iphone 4. My Studio V takes a dump all over the iphone 4 from a sound quality stand point. I still enjoy the iphone 4 for what it does though. But it could never compare sound quality wise.
I was too hoping it to sound better than iphone, but I saw some comments that it sounded like iPhone 4, no improvements, as I remember those comments are in this thread.
Sadly you are right regarding this. Even my Dad couldn't tell a large difference between my Sennheiser IE8 vs the Bose IE2. There is such a huge difference between the two that he made me angry thinking otherwise lol.
Is the internal storage of the RoCoo P only 4GB? For some reason, I thought it was 8GB. I would have purchased a 32GB card if I'd known. I have a 16GB on the way... don't think that will be enough. FLAC files sure do take up a lot of storage space! lol...
Well at least you got the SD slot so no worries. The 32GB Micro SD cards are super cheap now. You can get them for around $30.00 on amazon.
If you're being general, I would say that a lot of people or push it to most people are unable to discern audible differences. Sadly, the numbers go up as you get older. Perhaps that's a good thing.
I'm glad to see that you all are still enjoying the dap. I sold mine because the bass was too muddy on some of my U2 tracks (yes, tested and confirmed it was the RoCoo-P). For those who have the opportunity to audition or purchase the HM-801, price aside, it is indeed in a different league, even over the Studio-I.
Edited by alphaphoenix - 1/9/12 at 1:19pm
- RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 13 seconds ago
- › Do passive speakers + integrated amp have less hiss than active... 15 seconds ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 20 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 30 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr? 2 minutes ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe