My clock radio would always buzz the second before a call or text would come into my phone. Sometimes, the phone could be several feet away and the same would still happen.
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue - Page 2post #16 of 211/4/12 at 10:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 211/4/12 at 8:09pm
Seems it was mostly EFI... moved further from the computer helped a bit, but the biggest difference was unplugging the USB cable from the DAC from a hub and directly into the computer (even tho I heard the noise with the DAC disconnected, evidently it was looping through the power cord or something?)
Was still a bit of static bursts left, however swapping tubes swapped the channels, so apparently I have a noisy tube (still burning in, so it may go away).
I feel soo much better now :)
thanks to all!post #18 of 211/4/12 at 8:18pm
I've successfully been able to eliminate tube static several times by taking a brass brush and cleaning off the tube pins. Then, rinse with isopropyl alcohol. Clean looking pins aren't always actually clean.
Quote:post #19 of 211/30/12 at 3:15pm
FWIW, rolled in some russian 6N1P-EVs and the hiss was cut to a level it's barely audible. Seems the stock JJ-E88CCs are a bit noisy for those of us with higher sensitivity headphones.
Now I have to try some other tubes to see what happens.. oh god my wallet...post #20 of 213/12/14 at 6:45pm
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes?Quote:
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes? My Lyr has that high pitched noise on the left channel.post #21 of 213/14/14 at 8:09pm
I had had the impression that Schiit stuff was pretty much trouble free, but sure seems to be a lot of people having noise issues recently with the Lyr amp in particular. First it was humming in the Asgard 2 and now this with the Lyr.
- LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 14 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 33 seconds ago
- › My Introduction and request for help - starting a new life. 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Feature suggestions for X7 flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO Headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)