My clock radio would always buzz the second before a call or text would come into my phone. Sometimes, the phone could be several feet away and the same would still happen.
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on 2/28/17 at 4:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue - Page 2post #16 of 221/4/12 at 10:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 221/4/12 at 8:09pm
Seems it was mostly EFI... moved further from the computer helped a bit, but the biggest difference was unplugging the USB cable from the DAC from a hub and directly into the computer (even tho I heard the noise with the DAC disconnected, evidently it was looping through the power cord or something?)
Was still a bit of static bursts left, however swapping tubes swapped the channels, so apparently I have a noisy tube (still burning in, so it may go away).
I feel soo much better now :)
thanks to all!post #18 of 221/4/12 at 8:18pm
I've successfully been able to eliminate tube static several times by taking a brass brush and cleaning off the tube pins. Then, rinse with isopropyl alcohol. Clean looking pins aren't always actually clean.
Quote:post #19 of 221/30/12 at 3:15pm
FWIW, rolled in some russian 6N1P-EVs and the hiss was cut to a level it's barely audible. Seems the stock JJ-E88CCs are a bit noisy for those of us with higher sensitivity headphones.
Now I have to try some other tubes to see what happens.. oh god my wallet...post #20 of 223/12/14 at 6:45pm
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes?Quote:
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes? My Lyr has that high pitched noise on the left channel.post #21 of 223/14/14 at 8:09pm
I had had the impression that Schiit stuff was pretty much trouble free, but sure seems to be a lot of people having noise issues recently with the Lyr amp in particular. First it was humming in the Asgard 2 and now this with the Lyr.
- LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Volume control with BX5/LSR 305? 14 seconds ago
- › 【≽ = शिव = ≼】91-9958802839 blaCk mAgIc SpeCIaLIsT bABa ji Hong Kong 1 minute ago
- › How is this possible? 1 minute ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 1 minute ago
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Black maGic SpeCialist BABA ji iN uAe 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 4 minutes ago
- › #+91-7087592629 Best astrology mantra vashikaran for wife Mumbai 5 minutes ago
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Black maGic SpeCialist BABA ji iN uK 5 minutes ago
- › #+91-7087592629 Love Problem Solution Specialist Bolivia 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear