My clock radio would always buzz the second before a call or text would come into my phone. Sometimes, the phone could be several feet away and the same would still happen.
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 4:53 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue - Page 2post #16 of 221/4/12 at 10:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 221/4/12 at 8:09pm
Seems it was mostly EFI... moved further from the computer helped a bit, but the biggest difference was unplugging the USB cable from the DAC from a hub and directly into the computer (even tho I heard the noise with the DAC disconnected, evidently it was looping through the power cord or something?)
Was still a bit of static bursts left, however swapping tubes swapped the channels, so apparently I have a noisy tube (still burning in, so it may go away).
I feel soo much better now :)
thanks to all!post #18 of 221/4/12 at 8:18pm
I've successfully been able to eliminate tube static several times by taking a brass brush and cleaning off the tube pins. Then, rinse with isopropyl alcohol. Clean looking pins aren't always actually clean.
Quote:post #19 of 221/30/12 at 3:15pm
FWIW, rolled in some russian 6N1P-EVs and the hiss was cut to a level it's barely audible. Seems the stock JJ-E88CCs are a bit noisy for those of us with higher sensitivity headphones.
Now I have to try some other tubes to see what happens.. oh god my wallet...post #20 of 223/12/14 at 6:45pm
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes?Quote:
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes? My Lyr has that high pitched noise on the left channel.post #21 of 223/14/14 at 8:09pm
I had had the impression that Schiit stuff was pretty much trouble free, but sure seems to be a lot of people having noise issues recently with the Lyr amp in particular. First it was humming in the Asgard 2 and now this with the Lyr.
- LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 48 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 53 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 1 minute ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › [FS]Ocharaku Donguri Raku 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)