My clock radio would always buzz the second before a call or text would come into my phone. Sometimes, the phone could be several feet away and the same would still happen.
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 4:33 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue - Page 2post #16 of 221/4/12 at 10:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 221/4/12 at 8:09pm
Seems it was mostly EFI... moved further from the computer helped a bit, but the biggest difference was unplugging the USB cable from the DAC from a hub and directly into the computer (even tho I heard the noise with the DAC disconnected, evidently it was looping through the power cord or something?)
Was still a bit of static bursts left, however swapping tubes swapped the channels, so apparently I have a noisy tube (still burning in, so it may go away).
I feel soo much better now :)
thanks to all!post #18 of 221/4/12 at 8:18pm
I've successfully been able to eliminate tube static several times by taking a brass brush and cleaning off the tube pins. Then, rinse with isopropyl alcohol. Clean looking pins aren't always actually clean.
Quote:post #19 of 221/30/12 at 3:15pm
FWIW, rolled in some russian 6N1P-EVs and the hiss was cut to a level it's barely audible. Seems the stock JJ-E88CCs are a bit noisy for those of us with higher sensitivity headphones.
Now I have to try some other tubes to see what happens.. oh god my wallet...post #20 of 223/12/14 at 6:45pm
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes?Quote:
Did you ever find out if it was the tubes? My Lyr has that high pitched noise on the left channel.post #21 of 223/14/14 at 8:09pm
I had had the impression that Schiit stuff was pretty much trouble free, but sure seems to be a lot of people having noise issues recently with the Lyr amp in particular. First it was humming in the Asgard 2 and now this with the Lyr.
- LYR: Faint, staticky, high-pitched noise issue
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 9 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 46 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 2 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Can anyone confirm which cables come with the current V-MODA M-80? 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)