I have the fr201 and the mic works great. Sound being good it does not have the rumble of the xears td-ii... but the ckm500 are just something else.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/8/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 1/1/12
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 12/6/13 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!! - Page 166post #2476 of 174137/2/12 at 1:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2477 of 174137/2/12 at 2:15amIf the SHE3580 was any indication, you're not guaranteed to get the same sound with the mic'd version. Eg perhaps because the amount of bass boost would sound rather unpleasant with speech, the bass on the mic'd SHH3580 has been detuned relative to the SHE3580.post #2478 of 174137/2/12 at 3:03am
So your saying that I should perhaps stick with the normal version over the mic'd version?
And does anyone know about the bass in the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition? How is it comparable?
Thanks Againpost #2479 of 174137/2/12 at 6:36am
GR02 Bass Edition contrary to its name it's not bass monster at all. I agree it sounds more balanced. If I'm not mistaken Ijokerl said GR02 bass is more about quality and GR99 is quantity. From this thread I have the impression that FX101 has more weight than GR02. But by no means GR02 is bass light. Sorry if this makes you confused. Noobs just trying to help. Cheers.
post #2480 of 174137/2/12 at 9:15amQuote:
No one can say for sure unless they have sat down with a FX101 and a FR201 and listened to both. In my case I feel that the SHH3580 could possibly be more balanced and more refined than the SHE3580 out of the box but I stuck with the SHE3580 because I had made a dedicated EQ preset for it and found it more convenient to use everywhere, on the phone and on the computer alike (whereas the mic'd SHH3580 required an adapter of sorts to work on the computer)post #2481 of 174137/2/12 at 3:45pm
That is a good factor actually,
So am I not able to use the mic'd version with my computer and stuff?
Has anyone heard of the SoundMagic E10
Are they just as bassy and clear like you say the FX101 is?
Thankspost #2482 of 174137/2/12 at 4:08pmQuote:
Not sure if the mic works with computers, I haven't tested it. I've had other earphones with just a mic, no volume buttons and it I think it worked with my mac but don't remember. iPhone compatible ones work for sure.
The 101's have way more bass than the E10. E10 is more balanced than the 101's with slightly emphasized bass. The 101's are the king of bass that I've ever heard. It's ridiculous and fun. The E10 will be more of an all rounder and less fatiguing to listen to. I prefer the E10 as a overall a better earphone.post #2483 of 174137/2/12 at 5:31pmpost #2484 of 174137/2/12 at 5:35pmpost #2485 of 174137/2/12 at 6:04pmThere's a minor upgrade the SHE3680 with a small hard case and chin slider on the y splitter. Slightly different sound (bit less v shaped?) The SHE9620 has a good cable, chin slider, and a really nice padded soft pouch that I'm using now.post #2486 of 174137/2/12 at 6:35pmpost #2487 of 174137/2/12 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs
No one can say for sure unless they have sat down with a FX101 and a FR201 and listened to both. In my case I feel that the SHH3580 could possibly be more balanced and more refined than the SHE3580 out of the box but I stuck with the SHE3580 because I had made a dedicated EQ preset for it and found it more convenient to use everywhere, on the phone and on the computer alike (whereas the mic'd SHH3580 required an adapter of sorts to work on the computer)
Done, I got the wife a FX101 (so she could listen on her computer at the office) ...music SQ wise, I couldn't tell any difference with my FR201.
But phone calls on the FR201 does not sounds as natural as the SHE8005, you can hear what's been said but it appears to be coming out of a long tube, the SHE8005 however are far behind the FR201 when it comes to music listening.
I have found that plugging in a TRS jacked phone which states Ipod compatibility into a later model Android phone does work, whether a mic(TRRS) or non-mic(TRS) version, just watch out for the respective and correct 'headphone with mic' or 'headphone only' icon to appear on the handset and you're good to go.post #2488 of 174137/2/12 at 8:05pmQuote:
Please pardon me for adding my 2 cents worth
SHE range is extensive, I'm assuming you're refering to the SHE3580, I have both IEMs and the below comments is strictly IMHO.
Bass = FX101 wins
Both have truely impressive extended sub-bass for their price, SHE3580 has quality, the FX101 has both quantity and quality.
Mids = FX101 wins
The mids on the FX101 is fuller and more clearer, whereas the mids of the SHE3580 are recessed and needs eq'ing to sound their best.
Highs = SHE3580 wins
Both are certainly not critical listening phones but the SHE3580 has slightly better control of the highs as compared to the FX101 which can be sibilant on certain tracks.
Of all the IEMs I have, I would rate them
bassy phones: SHE8005<FX1X<SHE3580<FX101<CKS77
balanced phone: SHE3580<FX40<CKM300<CKM500<FXD80post #2489 of 174137/2/12 at 8:21pmQuote:
I think, for the chronically indecisive head-fier who's just starting out, the best thing to do is just to get a well respected cheap pair quickly, any pair will do. Then play around with EQ to fit the sound to your preference. Then if you want to buy a second pair, talk about how the first pair you got compares to your ideal signature, maybe post the EQ you use with them, and other head-fiers can tell you what upgrade to get that suits your tastes.
I would choose the SHE3580 or 3680 because they are relatively balanced and respond very well to EQing so you should be able to meld them to your taste.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 18 seconds ago
- › Tokyo 2013 Fujiya Avic Autumn Headphone Festival Report 44 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › I think i might go ahead and buy the Sennheiser HD600 for music... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-EW9(Also selling HD598 and UE900, check my other... 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 6 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Westhill House HighGate Consulting Rooms by mathiasfinkel
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe