Ya. I am pretty sure the Geeks using the sabre chip should out perform this unit. However we will see because this uDAC-3 punches way above its cost in sound. Even if it does out do the uDAC-3 which i fully expect. This unit for what it is, is very excellent..Today was the first day I really got a chance to hear the unit in full glory as it has been burning in all week..I expect the unit to improve even more so with some more burn in time. We will see. I will do a head to head shoot out with the Geek when I get mines.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/8/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 1/1/12
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 12/6/13 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!! - Page 1057post #15841 of 1738110/25/13 at 7:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15842 of 1738110/25/13 at 8:03pm
Drbluenewmexico had asked about these a while back...
From the Deals Thread.....
Well-reviewed House of Marley Exodus headphones on Amazon.com $75 + approx. $5 for shipping.
Bought one myself! :)
Edited by Audioscope - Today at 6:28 pm
Took them out on my dog walk tonight...listened to Power Pop (Valley Lodge) and jazz (Matt Ulery's Loom)...they are good on the Valley Lodge, though not as detailed as I've gotten used to (Pioneers/Martin Logans), still fun to listen to. The jazz, on the other hand, was just great. Trumpeter has a slightly warm tone, perfectly rendered, clarinet, piano, all right there. I find them comfortable (my wife couldn't stand to wear them) and I think they are nice looking (my 19 year old daughter, who loved the sound, wouldn't be caught dead outside in them LOL). They definitely will look quite different than anything else you might
(I believe these listed at about $150...I found them at Best Buy a while back for about $50. I'd say they are a good deal in th e $50-$75 range)
Edited by doctorjazz - 10/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #15843 of 1738110/25/13 at 9:33pmpost #15844 of 1738110/25/13 at 9:38pmThread Starterpost #15845 of 1738110/25/13 at 10:17pm
Those sure are perdy. You'll have to give some impressions for the nice folks here.post #15846 of 1738110/25/13 at 10:27pm
^ Not as purdy as these Beyers.
Not really they feel and look cheap as hell, but sound........ T_T
edit: Oh and forgot to say congrats on those H1s Danny!!!
Hope they turn out to be keepers.
Edited by sfwalcer - 10/25/13 at 10:31pmpost #15847 of 1738110/25/13 at 10:33pmThread Starter
Nice sf. Gotta let us know how them Beyers sound. I hope you get them MA750s and MA600s for review.. I can subliminally suggest who RHA pics. You know. I have..
Edited by Dsnuts - 10/25/13 at 10:35pmpost #15848 of 1738110/25/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
^ LMAO you sure you ain't stealing them powers from warren???
Yeppp hope Twinkies @ss and i get picked as well, and if we get those Dunus as well. LORDY LORD!!!
Lets just say that Canned Pineapple Cat Cracker Freak has some devious plans up that hole of his. And i am just the poor victim.
Thanks for the good wishes Ds, i hope so as well. Don't worry i'll shill for them REAL GUD if we win unlike that warren that has been slacking!!! Gonna get that hype train blast off to Mars. hoho j/k
Congrats on them golden crustacean bling blings meng. Hope they live up to ericp's hype.post #15849 of 1738110/25/13 at 10:52pmpost #15850 of 1738110/25/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Damn Danny that is a boner killa', say it ain't so say it ain't so.....
Maybe that dynamic end needs a good beating???
BURN BABY BURN!!!post #15851 of 1738110/25/13 at 10:57pmQuote:
What about someone who doesn't have either. I'm torn between the two.
Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2post #15852 of 1738110/25/13 at 11:10pmQuote:It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.Quote:
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.post #15853 of 1738110/25/13 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.
^ ikr, and to think some places were selling those XBA3 for like ~$50 new/ refurb like worstbuys and some Aussie site was a CRAZY steal!!! Esp. those new sets. O.Opost #15854 of 1738110/25/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
Cardboard simpleton master durianpoop juggular troll is meek as usual.
Yeah, it's gunna be gud....post #15855 of 1738110/25/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
Hmmm C_S_M_DJ_T gots a nice ring to it, me likey!!!
Thanks Twi-Hard i am sure you fried a few cat cracks to think that one up, not to mention those brain cells. Try not to sniff too hard might not have enough left to be excited over.
Cee_how i just Slayed_ this Man with_Dat Juxtaposed_ThematicReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › INCREDIBLE!! THE YOUNGER SIBLING OF PROJECT SUNRISE 2--THE NEW... 3 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 3 minutes ago
- › Request for advise on a headphone affair 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi