Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 551

post #8251 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

And you do of course have some WS99's on the way, right???

 Just for that I'm loaning you a ASG-2 so you can get hooked Mr. FUNNY!!

 

lol

post #8252 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 Just for that I'm loaning you a ASG-2 so you can get hooked Mr. FUNNY!!

 

lol

 

Awesome! PM with my address on the way. You're incredible Eric - thanks!

post #8253 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Awesome! PM with my address on the way. You're incredible Eric - thanks!

 

More than realize dude! lol (whispering: I don't have an ASG-2 yet, but I've heard it>>>> WOW!!) ...beerchug.gif

post #8254 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Why are you ignoring my legit questions ghost, i ain't the invisible one here, you da' ghost meng.

 

700

 

What a pesky ghost sheeeeesh. <3s

 

 

Questions ?!? confused.gif    ...what questions ?   ...all I see from yous are illegit trolls !

 

 

Oh ! ...you mean this question ! (Click to show)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Hey ghost nice impressions, how does the GR07 Bass Editions compare to the FXZ200s???

 

WoW it is kinda interesting that you place them next to the CKN70s instead of the FXZ200 tbh.

 

O.O

  0

 

That came out of nowhere haha

 

Actually all three are at around the same level of excellence.

 

The gr07be and the ckn70 are more similar in that they have a balance signature whereas the fxz200 are more bass forward, certainly it has the most bass of the three but it's mids and treble lack behind the other two.

 

 

post #8255 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I just did the "filter mod" suggested by mochill on xb90ex. well, I got what he promised - highs are sparklier and I like it. the sound became a little bit more detailed,  and it still has excellent natural timbre (I was afraid I'd lose it). also It became airy. oh, and as a safety measure, I used woman pantyhose stretched over the bore held by pure tension from the tip stems as a filter to protect these babies.

 

thanks mochill :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

No problem hope you enjoy them more biggrin.gif, I gave great ears for sound so I know what I'm talking about

 

NICE ! biggrin.gif   ...now post pictures and a "How to" or else, as SF trolls "It didn't happened !"  wink_face.gif

post #8256 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post
 

Actually all three are at around the same level of excellence.

 

The gr07be and the ckn70 are more similar in that they have a balance signature whereas the fxz200 are more bass forward, certainly it has the most bass of the three but it's mids and treble lack behind the other two.


Coolios that's all i wanted to hear, now was that so hard. biggrin.gif

 

Hmmmm that is pretty interesting that the GR07 Bass Editions sound more like micro/ CNT drivers of the CKN70s than the 3X dynamics of the FXZ200s. I have always thought those GR07s were closer to the FXZs in sound, you comment regarding the mids/ highs is interesting as well. Good stuff ghost.

post #8257 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

They grow some pretty good ganja there in Minnesota methinks!

 

I totally agree !    ..."thin and unnatural sound" is definately NOT how I'm hearing those AD900X.

...in fact, quite the opposite.

 

The only way that could happen is maybe with raw drivers from out of box. 

post #8258 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

 

NICE ! biggrin.gif   ...now post pictures and a "How to" or else, as SF trolls "It didn't happened !"  wink_face.gif

 

PICS NOW!!! or "It didn't happen." But go on ghost go on, raid away. You're on FYRE!!! beerchug.gif

post #8259 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Coolios that's all i wanted to hear, now was that so hard. biggrin.gif

 

Hmmmm that is pretty interesting that the GR07 Bass Editions sound more like micro/ CNT drivers of the CKN70s than the 3X dynamics of the FXZ200s. I have always thought those GR07s were closer to the FXZs in sound, you comment regarding the mids/ highs is interesting as well. Good stuff ghost.

 

But wait until the GR07BE's  layers of bio-cellulose membrane driver get their 300 hours worth of bad ass burn in. Then simply magic... biggrin.gif

post #8260 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

But wait until the GR07BE's  layers of bio-cellulose membrane driver get their 300 hours worth of bad ass burn in. Then simply magic... biggrin.gif


I don't buy into those burn-in gimmicks WAYNE, by that time there will be already another FOTM iem/ hp hype train my hipster self gots to hop on. wink_face.gif

post #8261 of 25628

you guys are that desperate to see a pantyhose stretched over an iem? what kind of bizarre fetish is that? biggrin.gif

post #8262 of 25628

My Sony MDR-XB90's arrived today, its got the Sub Bass, just like my XB41's, not noticed any difference yet, probably needs burning in? (My XB41's have had a lot of use)

 

So far one thing is for sure, I really miss the clarity and treble you get with the XBA 3/4, the downside being they lack sub bass. At least now I know I've spend about £80 (Inc express delivery) and they are good for the price, the XBA 4 was £230 and that's the main thing I wasn't too happy about and that it lacked bass. I hope Sony release a XB XBA series, I'd buy those straight away,

 

Oh and excellent service from AccessoryJack, dispatched my order within a few hours, arrived within 2 working days, packaged very well.

 

 

 

I did take a few more pictures but it looks like they didn't capture properly.

post #8263 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaim View Post

My Sony MDR-XB90's arrived today, its got the Sub Bass, just like my XB41's, not noticed any difference yet, probably needs burning in? (My XB41's have had a lot of use)

 

So far one thing is for sure, I really miss the clarity and treble you get with the XBA 3/4, the downside being they lack sub bass. At least now I know I've spend about £80 (Inc express delivery) and they are good for the price, the XBA 4 was £230 and that's the main thing I wasn't too happy about and that it lacked bass. I hope Sony release a XB XBA series, I'd buy those straight away,

 

Oh and excellent service from AccessoryJack, dispatched my order within a few hours, arrived within 2 working days, packaged very well.

 

 

 

I did take a few more pictures but it looks like they didn't capture properly.

 

 

they need burning in. lots of it! oh, and try to experiment with tips. wide bore tips are much better for xb90ex in terms of openness and detail...

post #8264 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

you guys are that desperate to see a pantyhose stretched over an iem? what kind of bizarre fetish is that? biggrin.gif

Look... just do it, ok? But wait till I get off work... popcorn.gif
Edited by MrEleventy - 3/20/13 at 5:02am
post #8265 of 25628
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaim View Post

My Sony MDR-XB90's arrived today, its got the Sub Bass, just like my XB41's, not noticed any difference yet, probably needs burning in? (My XB41's have had a lot of use)

 

So far one thing is for sure, I really miss the clarity and treble you get with the XBA 3/4, the downside being they lack sub bass. At least now I know I've spend about £80 (Inc express delivery) and they are good for the price, the XBA 4 was £230 and that's the main thing I wasn't too happy about and that it lacked bass. I hope Sony release a XB XBA series, I'd buy those straight away,

 

Oh and excellent service from AccessoryJack, dispatched my order within a few hours, arrived within 2 working days, packaged very well.

 

 

 

I did take a few more pictures but it looks like they didn't capture properly.

Thanks for the comparisons and initial impressions.  Not a "WOW" sounding iem then? Will burn in really have the much of a significant effect?  I heard the Senhheiser IE8 changes quite a bit with burn in, but there aren't many "audiophile" review of this Sony xb90ex model.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197