Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 407

post #6091 of 25522
Thread Starter 

I am sure your modded HA-S500 will sound wonderful no doubt but. These cans are fully open using new proprietary 53mm drivers.. The scope of sound we are talking about. The stage. Unless you have vents and have open cups on your mod. I am gonna seriously doubt your modded HA-S500 is gonna have the air, the depth, the stage of these cans. Oh yea the drivers are angled too. Did I mention they use new plush cloth covered pads that feel like pillows on your head?.. A different animal. I would say. I want to see one of you guys get these cans as I know you guys would appreciate them like Danny and Ghost both will tell ya.. I am a big fan of these cans. Nothing has given me more WOW moments than these cans.

 

These simply separate themselves from everything I own. Lol. No exaggeration.

post #6092 of 25522
Thread Starter 

Wow someone got lucky and bought them or the guy had a change of heart. Lol. It looks like it is sold.. But for guys that are interested in them they cost around that much plus a bit more for shipping if you use Tenso and Amazon Japan..Congrats to whomever that snapped them up.

post #6093 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

 

It says it is in the CKN70 and the CKN50 has no mention of it as far as I have seen.

 

"Diaphragm of carbon nanotube material adopted to express delicate sound.
The carbon nanotube material that combines lightweight stiffness and durability, I play to the delicate sound of powerful expression."

 

Pretty sure the improvements are the stiffer nanotube material for the diaphragm, the high rigidity aluminum for the housing, and slightly deeper housing. Hopefully makes for a noticeable step up in SQ.

I'm pretty sure surfing for information on theCKN50 I read on some site that it has the CNT material driver too. I'm on my way out, but will search for it again when I get home and post it from the site I was on (and if I read it correctly).

post #6094 of 25522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I'm pretty sure surfing for information on theCKN50 I read on some site that it has the CNT material driver too. I'm on my way out, but will search for it again when I get home and post it from the site I was on (and if I read it correctly).


They do sound like CNT drivers. Might be the reason why they sound similar to the FXDs.. That just means more burn in. I would keep burning them in for guys that own em.

post #6095 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I am sure your modded HA-S500 will sound wonderful no doubt but. These cans are fully open using new proprietary 53mm drivers.. The scope of sound we are talking about. The stage. Unless you have vents and have open cups on your mod. I am gonna seriously doubt your modded HA-S500 is gonna have the air, the depth, the stage of these cans. Oh yea the drivers are angled too. Did I mention they use new plush cloth covered pads that feel like pillows on your head?.. A different animal. I would say. I want to see one of you guys get these cans as I know you guys would appreciate them like Danny and Ghost both will tell ya.. I am a big fan of these cans. Nothing has given me more WOW moments than these cans.

 

These simply separate themselves from everything I own. Lol. No exaggeration.

 

I inquired about the for sale, but they were sold!  I am going to stick my neck out here, ordered from amazon.jp, for $196 + tenso charges.  I will see if they are better than the Cute S500, with my home gears.  But I had $800 into my modded W1000X with 2000X drivers, and they got sold after my ears said the Cute S500 sounded better.  I had the FXZ200 for about ten days, and my S500 kicked them out of the ballpark by quite a bit!  I should see the 900X in a week from tenso....will give them a fair audition, can always recoup the cost.  But I do know, there is not an IEM that can best my S500......I do know where to get the 2000X drivers for them if I decide they are worth the upgrade, new cable and such modd!  Considering the fact that the modded W1000X I had were closed, there may be possiblities here.....time will tell!  I like a ballanced full sound, but my gears have crossfeed and other audiophile settings that may work!

 

Not so sure these are totally new 53mm drivers though.....ATH pulls some tricks reusing old drivers from what I have read.....implementation, and wire in the cable can change the sound!


Edited by cute - 1/20/13 at 11:55am
post #6096 of 25522

Anyone have comparisons of the 900X and Senn HD650?  I had the 650's with Mood Audio Silver Dragon cable for a couple of years before I sold them!

post #6097 of 25522
Thread Starter 

Nice I look forward to see what you have to say about them.. I truly doubt you will be disappointed from them at all. They have completely surprised me like nothing else I have purchased as of late. The one guy that needs to hear these as these raise the level of sound so much from earphones is Ericp. But I know he is more a iem guy.  Oh and did I mention the sexy black honey comb grills these have that show the chrome inlays for the driver part?

  And for you SF. these bad boys,

These are all class all the time... These are basically the AD900X but with closed cans and pleather padding for the bass end and better isolation. Aluminum cups double dampening.

 

Lol. I just checked Amazon Japan these A900X cans go for $13,453 yen= $149.. That is less than half price what I bought them for. With Tenso shipping that will be around $180 or so. That my friends is a bargain.


Edited by Dsnuts - 1/20/13 at 12:17pm
post #6098 of 25522
Thread Starter 

Anyways back on topic. I am kinda not too happy. I was hoping to get my ES700 and CKN50 before this weekend but I have to wait till Tuesday now. Bumbed.

post #6099 of 25522

^ Wishlisted, but i like the look of the new open back AD900X a lot more and as you said it seems to have a new and improved driver over the older version so...... man that AD900X on sale for ~$200 was a really great deal then. Wonder who was the lucky one that got it???

 

 

Looks like all you cool kats seems to be getting these AD900Xs but man are these ATHs serious looking. haha I guess serious look = serious sound.


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/20/13 at 1:32pm
post #6100 of 25522
Thread Starter 

Sf you would love the AD900X. I think for the cost they have it on Tenso. It is a steal for this sound. You guys will never believe what you can get for this cash. The sound quality is super quality. It has a sound to it that is just shocking.. Ericp. Man if you heard what these sound like.. I am gonna cut to the chase. These are the best sounding cans I have ever heard. That A900X for the cost is nice but a bit more gets you this.. It is a wonderful sounding can like you guys would not believe..Any live unplugged album will sound live. As Danny puts it. I likes this description.

 

I know all you guys that read this have followed some whacky cheapo stuff. I am telling every single one of you guys. Get them with my highest recommendation for anything I have ever recommended here at Headfi..

 

Get yours before they raise the price because of Headfi effect..

Sfwalcer style.. You know.


Edited by Dsnuts - 1/20/13 at 1:23pm
post #6101 of 25522

^Ahahahahahahaha well played Ds!!! I knew my trollin' was gonna bite me back in the @ss one of these day. LMAO!

 

edit: and it is with a "C" thank you very much Mr. Nuts. Oh already saw your edit N/M, anywho GO NINERS!!!


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/20/13 at 1:22pm
post #6102 of 25522
I might bite the ad900x bullet. But I'll need to find one of the tenso tutorial posts first (once I get back to a computer).
post #6103 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

 

Regardless of price, please rank the HE-500, HE-400 and AD900X in order of preference with a "just one headphone for all genres" criterion.

I would have said the HE400 since I have yet to hear any genre this headphone can't handle but as the AD900X breaks in some more, I would have to give the nod to them.  At first, classical music and vocals from a few opera tunes I played sounded stunning.  Now the bass has become fuller so I am throwing electronic music at it I am enjoying it immensely as well.  It just sounds so open and lively.  I would consider the HE400 dark compared to these.  I won't even add the HE500 to the equation since I prefer the HE400's over them.  Sorry to add to the hype but after hearing these, the FXZ series won't get too much head time from me.  

post #6104 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Nice I look forward to see what you have to say about them.. I truly doubt you will be disappointed from them at all. They have completely surprised me like nothing else I have purchased as of late. The one guy that needs to hear these as these raise the level of sound so much from earphones is Ericp. But I know he is more a iem guy.  Oh and did I mention the sexy black honey comb grills these have that show the chrome inlays for the driver part?

  And for you SF. these bad boys,

 

These are all class all the time... These are basically the AD900X but with closed cans and pleather padding for the bass end and better isolation. Aluminum cups double dampening.

 

Lol. I just checked Amazon Japan these A900X cans go for $13,453 yen= $149.. That is less than half price what I bought them for. With Tenso shipping that will be around $180 or so. That my friends is a bargain.

 

Do the AD900X have angled pads?  What are the pads made out of? 

 

Are the A900X the same as the AD900X air?

post #6105 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

....I truly doubt you will be disappointed from them at all. They have completely surprised me like nothing else I have purchased as of late....


....You guys will never believe what you can get for this cash. The sound quality is super quality. It has a sound to it that is just shocking.. Ericp. Man if you heard what these sound like.. I am gonna cut to the chase. These are the best sounding cans I have ever heard in my life.  That A900X for the cost is nice but a bit more gets you this.. It is a wonderful sounding can like you guys would not believe..Any live unplugged album will sound live. As Danny puts it. I likes this description.

 

I know all you guys that read this have followed some whacky cheapo stuff. I am telling every single one of you guys. Get them with my highest recommendation for anything I have ever recommended here at Headfi....

 

HA, HA, HA.  You post impressions like this one, every other month.....and I have no reason not to believe you every time!  So, if you get me hyped up on these and I get them, I will be sad to lift up my eyes and realize that the discovery train left me behind and very quickly got to a new paradise that is the best ever and much better than the place where I got off.  HA, HA.  Maybe I should just get them all to keep this from happening to me.

 

Are these ATH headphones so good that it is highly unlikely that they will be bested by the next discovery?  Convince me.  I want to be convinced, if that is the case.  HA, HA.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197