Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 342

post #5116 of 25600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by metabaron View Post

Thanks Dsnuts, much appreciated. You made my decision easier.


Some advice for you if you plan on getting these there are a few things to do that I feel is a necessity. For one the stock hybrids restrict the sound a bit and so I would recommend tip rolling with some wider tips. These also require burn in. Out of the box they sound overly smooth. Highs improve a great amount with a solid burn in. They sound great out of a dap but even better with more power. Those big 16mm dynamics gives a lot of headroom for sound enhancement.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/26/12 at 12:49pm
post #5117 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Some advice for you if you plan on getting these there are a few things to do that I feel is a necessity. For one the stock hybrids restrict the sound a bit and so I would recommend tip rolling with some wider tips. These also require burn in. Out of the box they sound overly smooth. Highs improve a great amount with a solid burn in. The sound great out of a dap but even better with more power. Those big 16mm dynamics gives a lot of headroom for sound enhancement.
I'm probably going to be picking up this DAC and the MH1Cs. I have a question for you though, when are you going to review the MDR-1Rs? I really want to get an over ear around the $300 price ran range and this was the pair I was looking at. I wanna be sure before I spend that much lol
post #5118 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

The Adagio IIIs have a very powerful full sound to them. They share some similarities to the CKS77 solid bass earphones in that they have a really upfront sound perhaps a bit more aggressive and just a wide stage. The bass end is also has much power and is only 2nd to the XB90EX in sub bass..These have even a wider stage than the XB90 but not as deep..I like em as well but I don't consider them an upgrade to the XB90s.

I thought the adagio's were a much cleaner sound, they go deep but dont bleed at all. I would imagine the mg7 would be similar in that respect but i dont know. they are more aggressive i agree so beware for sensitive ears (like me), with surprisingly great staging for their size.

post #5119 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Some advice for you if you plan on getting these there are a few things to do that I feel is a necessity. For one the stock hybrids restrict the sound a bit and so I would recommend tip rolling with some wider tips. These also require burn in. Out of the box they sound overly smooth. Highs improve a great amount with a solid burn in. They sound great out of a dap but even better with more power. Those big 16mm dynamics gives a lot of headroom for sound enhancement.

Could you maybe name some brands/tips that would be considered wide-bore? I know this was discussed and mentioned before but my search-fu is eluding me.

 

And on an additional note: how many hours of burn in would you recommend?

post #5120 of 25600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post


I'm probably going to be picking up this DAC and the MH1Cs. I have a question for you though, when are you going to review the MDR-1Rs? I really want to get an over ear around the $300 price ran range and this was the pair I was looking at. I wanna be sure before I spend that much lol


These are getting some mixed reviews. I think maybe people were expecting a $300 headphone to sound like a 1K one. I am in the middle of burning them in..You have to be a fan of forward mids with a rich sound to be a fan of these. They have a unique flavor among Sony headphones. I like them quite a bit especially that I payed $250 for a really nice looking silver and brown pair. These are an upgrade to my UE6000 for certain and there are guys that prefer the UE6000 over these. So I suppose it will be a matter of taste. If you can try one out at a Sony style store that is what I would do. Jude loves these as he mentioned on the MDR-1R thread how he prefers these to all the various new headphones that are out. Including M-100 and the Momentums to name a few.

post #5121 of 25600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post

Could you maybe name some brands/tips that would be considered wide-bore? I know this was discussed and mentioned before but my search-fu is eluding me.

 

And on an additional note: how many hours of burn in would you recommend?

Try these. http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts6-cmb-35-bk.htm  I would do at least 150-200hours.. Basic rule. If your not listening to them throw them on a fairly loud source and let the music play.

post #5122 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Try these. http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts6-cmb-35-bk.htm  I would do at least 150-200hours.. Basic rule. If your not listening to them throw them on a fairly loud source and let the music play.

Thanks as always dsnuts!

 

Since my S500 have almost finished baking, I guess it's time for the XB90EX to take their place.

 

Btw: to those getting their new XB90EX, check out this track and wait till around 0:55. You'll then know why you got them ;)

post #5123 of 25600
Thread Starter 

It is a guilty pleasure but it is very cool to have such deep dynamic mids with the sub bass. For bass iems I can say the XB90EX get my vote for best mids with the sub bass. That is what makes those worth getting. Think night club version of the MH1C. Using the Ele dac it is incredible with these iems. The sound of the Ele is a bit on the cool side but is a very clean one when paired up with a warmer sounding earphone the synergy is awesome with the 2. Sounds better than I have ever heard the XB90.

 

The party in your ears is intoxicating.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/26/12 at 2:46pm
post #5124 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

It is a guilty pleasure but it is very cool to have such deep dynamic mids with the sub bass. For bass iems I can say the XB90EX get my vote for best mids with the sub bass. That is what makes these worth getting. Think night club version of the MH1C.

yeah they are great bass phones, though I dialed down the bass a bit and highs a bit higher :D I'd be satisfied with what I've got right now, but those fxz100s intrigue me too much :D

post #5125 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post

Thanks as always dsnuts!

 

Since my S500 have almost finished baking, I guess it's time for the XB90EX to take their place.

 

Btw: to those getting their new XB90EX, check out this track and wait till around 0:55. You'll then know why you got them ;)

dam, fx3x are bangin

post #5126 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

It is a guilty pleasure but it is very cool to have such deep dynamic mids with the sub bass. For bass iems I can say the XB90EX get my vote for best mids with the sub bass. That is what makes those worth getting. Think night club version of the MH1C. Using the Ele dac it is incredible with these iems. The sound of the Ele is a bit on the cool side but is a very clean one when paired up with a warmer sounding earphone the synergy is awesome with the 2. Sounds better than I have ever heard the XB90.

 

The party in your ears is intoxicating.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

yeah they are great bass phones, though I dialed down the bass a bit and highs a bit higher :D I'd be satisfied with what I've got right now, but those fxz100s intrigue me too much :D

Not to be misunderstood: there surely is more to like with the XB90EX than just the bass. For instance I also really dig their headstage. I think this and more rolled together with the just unreal (sub)bass and considering the price I paid for them (~70€ new) is really a great and satisfying experience. (Though I'm still a bit weary of the highs but they keep improving and new tips and/or burn-in might make this issue finally go away smily_headphones1.gif ).

 

Could you please post the artist and track name of that video? Living in Germany is like living behind the great firewall of china when it comes to music on youtube. Heck, we can't even watch the official gangnam style video...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

dam, fx3x are bangin

bangin as in "can't handle this" or as in "i have a damn subwoofer stuck inside my ears" biggrin.gif

post #5127 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post

 

Not to be misunderstood: there surely is more to like with the XB90EX than just the bass. For instance I also really dig their headstage. I think this and more rolled together with the just unreal (sub)bass and considering the price I paid for them (~70€ new) is really a great and satisfying experience. (Though I'm still a bit weary of the highs but they keep improving and new tips and/or burn-in might make this issue finally go away smily_headphones1.gif ).

 

Could you please post the artist and track name of that video? Living in Germany is like living behind the great firewall of china when it comes to music on youtube. Heck, we can't even watch the official gangnam style video...

bangin as in "can't handle this" or as in "i have a damn subwoofer stuck inside my ears" biggrin.gif

 

 

I noticed that during my stay in Munich last year :) every other video on youtube was blocked and I was like WTF??? :D 

 

ok, the tips will open up the sound, make it cleaner, less congested and more pleasant. Burn in with extra loud volume also helps a lot :) 

 

as for the vid, I can't seem to play it either :/ I guess the link is broken 

post #5128 of 25600
Thread Starter 

I had issues posting vids. Looks like I lost the ability to do it. frown.gif

post #5129 of 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I had issues posting vids. Looks like I lost the ability to do it. frown.gif

just tell us the artist and song name and we'll manage somehow  biggrin.gif

post #5130 of 25600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

just tell us the artist and song name and we'll manage somehow  biggrin.gif

That ruins the whole thing. I can tell you guys to listen to Bobby McFerrin- Don't worry be happy and you guys would seriously go there? No I threw up some favorite trance tunes that sound right and I can't post it. It is what it is.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197