Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 328

post #4906 of 25631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

Sorry for asking this, but I haven't been in here for a while and the thread has EXPLODED. Are there any 'bassy' earbuds/IEMs that are recommended to try out? The pair I have at the minute is the JVC HA-FX101 but that was off hundreds of pages ago.

xb90ex, JVC fx3x, CKS77...

post #4907 of 25631
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

One question though - how the hell did you manage to wear them over ear? do you invert the l/r buds?

Nope. Just bring the cable around the back of your ear, then turn them so the black side with the L/R on it points outward. Now the tip should point directly at your ear-canal and you just need to push them in. Voilà!

When I get home I'll provide some photos for easier reference.

 

P.S.: My ear-canal seems to have a slight downward tendency. Maybe that's why over-ear is easier for me. Just a guess though.

post #4908 of 25631
I tried that and man it looked ugly as hell... Thanks though smily_headphones1.gif will try to convince myself I don't look funny smily_headphones1.gif
post #4909 of 25631
Thread Starter 

Well guys. This is one that I didn't see coming..So I just got a new DAC. This little unit.

700

700

So for all you guys that are cheapos. Need something that sounds WAY better than your onboard sound card? Aha let me put it this way. This thing cost $19 shipped to you..LOL. This thing is stupid. This can't sound this good for this little cash..Get one of these. Packing my AUNE T1.

 

Now this unit uses the volume from your computer so it has no amp portion. If you want something that has more power this unit here.

700

Costs $49 shipped and has a little amp portion for your earphones. This unit uses the same DAC chip that the ELe uses but I like the big volume nob on this one..This is called the SMSL Fort. 

 

I am quite surprised right now. shocked more like it. I have been listening to the AUNE T1 $200 dac/amp the whole time I had it and then I get this little unit. And it sounds just as good? Lol!


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/12 at 1:36pm
post #4910 of 25631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Well guys. This is one that I didn't see coming..So I just got a new DAC. This little unit.

700

700

So for all you guys that are cheapos. Need something that sounds WAY better than your onboard sound card? Aha let me put it this way. This thing cost $19 shipped to you..LOL. This thing is stupid. This can't sound this good for this little cash..Get one of these. Packing my AUNE T1.

 

WHATTTTTTT?!!! You were just going nuts over how the T1s sounded better than your FP and you are sending them back cuz of these cheapo $20 DAC??? LoL This guy.

 

So what is wrong with the T1s, unless i am mistaken that packing up doesn't mean sending them back.

 

Oh and linky to this cheapo please!!! biggrin.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 11/21/12 at 1:38pm
post #4911 of 25631
Thread Starter 

Nothing wrong with the T1. I like it actually but here is the thing. I own the Bravo tube amp which is pretty much the same thing minus the dac portion of it. IF you guys need a all in one DAC/AMP the T1 is a very nice unit. However.

 

I threw on this little Ele DAC on my bravo and guess what. It sounds just as good. So there is no need for me to have 2 tube amps that sound very similar if you know what I mean.. So I am not saying this $20 DAC is better than the AUNE T1. It is only a simple DAC but once I hook this up to my Bravo it becomes what the AUNE T1 is. 

post #4912 of 25631
Thread Starter 

These come in black blue red and silver the one I got. This one is black. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELE-EL-D01-MINI-HIFI-USB-PCM2704-DAC-BOARD-CARD-ELNA-Capacitor-New-/120985506266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2b4c51da 

 

Completely shocked at how good this sounds. Lol! This guy is selling it for $18.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/12 at 1:56pm
post #4913 of 25631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Nothing wrong with the T1. I like it actually but here is the thing. I own the Bravo tube amp which is pretty much the same thing minus the dac portion of it. IF you guys need a all in one DAC/AMP the T1 is a very nice unit. However.

 

I threw on this little Ele DAC on my bravo and guess what. It sounds just as good. So there is no need for me to have 2 tube amps that sound very similar if you know what I mean.. So I am not saying this $20 DAC is better than the AUNE T1. It is only a simple DAC but once I hook this up to my Bravo it becomes what the AUNE T1 is. 


Oh coolios, how do they sound without it hooked up to that amazing Bravo of yours? With just that cheapo $20 DAC connected to your lappy's USB port? Damn that Bravo tube amp sure looks kick@ss though. LoL

 

edit: The blue one looks real "spiffy" might get that one. tongue_smile.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 11/21/12 at 2:01pm
post #4914 of 25631
Thread Starter 

I am listening to it right now just hooked up to my laptop. AMAZING!. Lol! Get yourself a nice upgrade to your lame onboard sound. Seriously I had no idea something this cheap could sound this nice. Plenty of volume coming from my laptop. No need for an amp. Especially since most of you guys just use iems. I am listening to this using my full sized HD595 right now.

 

Seriously if we did a blind test from the AUNE T1 and from this cheapo $18 dac. I bet you guys would have a hard time figuring out which one has the better sound. It is quite astonishing.. Seriously trust a bro. Though I do have a stern warning. This will be your gateway to DACs.. WARNING!!! 

 

This DAC comes with just the box and no usb. And I know we argued a bit about USB cords and such. If you do plan on getting this. Get yourself a nicer cheaper audio USB cable like I did..


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/12 at 2:06pm
post #4915 of 25631
Hi,
I have a custom made computer right, (I didn't personally make it)
Now the thing is that whenever I plug in my headphones, or earbuds, there is this light hissing sound.
Its really weird.
I was wondering that if I got this ELE, would this go away?
Or is this a problem with my onboard sound card or whatever.
Keep in mind I don't know much about computers, or how to fix them :)
Thanks
post #4916 of 25631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnom View Post
 


Yup it would bypass your sound portion of you computer.. Try one out.  I just turned off the music on the Ele. No hiss what so ever. This little set up is as easy as this looks

 

700

Poor Aune T1. Is getting ousted by a $18 Dac. Lol!


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/12 at 2:15pm
post #4917 of 25631
What's the tone like? Is it on the cooler side of the spectrum? I prefer a cool tone and that would help when I listen to stuff like the FX700/Miles Davis Tributes/Trumpets. But not so cold that it will make my ER4s too cold sounding, for instance.
post #4918 of 25631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

What's the tone like? Is it on the cooler side of the spectrum? I prefer a cool tone and that would help when I listen to stuff like the FX700/Miles Davis Tributes/Trumpets. But not so cold that it will make my ER4s too cold sounding, for instance.


The AUNE T1 was a bit on the bright side which was odd for a tube amp as the tube is supposed to warm up the sounds a bit but I actually found some tunes to have sibilance which I didn't like. The sound on this Ele Hi fi unit is neutral a bit on the cool side of sound but not bright like the T1..

 

Again another reason why I am sending the T1 back. I suppose it was meant to be when I ordered all these DAC/AMPS getting the AUNE T1 and then this cheapo dac. Lol. Amazing. For the cost seriously guys. I am not kidding this beats the poo out of your onboard sound and will be an upgrade to it in every single way. I have another one coming to me here soon but this one I am shocked with. It sounds great. A very nice clean transparent sound..I was thinking. Ya this little unit is gonna just be ok maybe.

 

More than OK. Get one and hear it for yourself it is shocking how good it sounds. I am way more surprised about this DAC than the AUNE T1. Way more. This DAC don't cost as much as some CDs yet the sound I am hearing. My goodness. I eagerly await what you guys have to say about how this sounds.. Try one out..

post #4919 of 25631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I am listening to it right now just hooked up to my laptop. AMAZING!. Lol! Get yourself a nice upgrade to your lame onboard sound. Seriously I had no idea something this cheap could sound this nice. Plenty of volume coming from my laptop. No need for an amp. Especially since most of you guys just use iems. I am listening to this using my full sized HD595 right now.

 

Seriously if we did a blind test from the AUNE T1 and from this cheapo $18 dac. I bet you guys would have a hard time figuring out which one has the better sound. It is quite astonishing.. Seriously trust a bro. Though I do have a stern warning. This will be your gateway to DACs.. WARNING!!! 

 

LoL that's why I don't even listen to music on my stupid lappy cuz of the hissing noise from audio port, thinks the stupid HDD is right next to it. haha What a dumb design.  So there is no hiss at all even when using sensitive iems?

post #4920 of 25631
Thread Starter 

Hold on let me check my most sensitive iem. Being my CKS77. Absolutely ZERO hiss.

 

Listening to my MH1. Lol. A $20 iem and $18 DAC. This sound stupendous.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/12 at 2:30pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197