Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 294

post #4396 of 25588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

It seems like most earphonesicon1.png and headphones that I’ve tried either have excellent bass or great highs, but not both. Lately I’ve noticed that headphone makers are all about bass, which leaves everything else sounding a bit muddy to my ears. I’m very happy to report that the Wang Buds have very good bass and very good clarity. I tested them with all my favorite tunes across different genres including Rock, Country, Smooth Jazz and Electronic. To my ears they sound much better than Apple earbuds (at least the original style buds) which isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement since those earbuds are freebies.  They also sounded better to me than some very expensive over ear style headphones. Fanny Wang Wang Buds are one of my current favorite earphones and I would recommend them to anyone who does not like in-ear style buds.

 

Better than Apple earbuds. Lol.

 

My friend dsnuts. How do you go from being curious about them 41 minutes ago, to being happy to report back about them 7 minutes ago. Man, you are fast! And if you tell me they are better than the xba3's... well, thankfully that ain't gonna happen lol!

 

Edit: Ok, ok, I finally figured out that you were quoting the person in that link. Whew! You had me going there lol!


Edited by waynes world - 10/31/12 at 6:11pm
post #4397 of 25588
I saw them wang buds also and the dual driver part made me curious.....i might get em smily_headphones1.gif
post #4398 of 25588
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

My friend dsnuts. How do you go from being curious about them 41 minutes ago, to being happy to report back about them 7 minutes ago. Man, you are fast! And if you tell me they are better than the xba3's... well, thankfully that ain't gonna happen lol!


Oh believe me there is no way these are gonna touch what the XBA-3 does. I bet they will have mind numbing bass though. Lol. Was just curious as they have 2 drivers like the R1 but in a bud style with an air chamber out back. But we all know having 2 drivers don't mean they are gonna sound better. When you supposed to get your XBA-3s?

 

Now I am gonna just enjoy my 2 new sonys. Can't wait to see what you think about your new earphones.


Edited by Dsnuts - 10/31/12 at 6:21pm
post #4399 of 25588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Oh believe me there is no way these are gonna touch what the XBA-3 does. I bet they will have mind numbing bass though. Lol. Was just curious as they have 2 drivers like the R1 but in a bud style with an air chamber out back. But we all know having 2 drivers don't mean they are gonna sound better. When you supposed to get your XBA-3s?

 

Most likely within a week I would think. Probably get here before my fxd70's which I ordered 2 weeks ago lol

 

Quote:

Now I am gonna just enjoy my 2 new sonys. Can't wait to see what you think about your new earphones.

 

I can tell you in advance what I am going to think... Un-friggin-believable!

 

 

Quote:
If you guys don't know. Jant here is a true pioneer in discoveries. He is responsible for many a new earphones on these threads and will out of the blue come up with a good one and has contributed much to headfi with his ability to track down stuff most have never seen or heard of. If memory serves me correct he was the first to post about the HA-S500 and many others.  So pay attention to what this man posts. As always appreciate your natural curiosity there Jant and your ability to find them earphones.

 

Hi Jant - nice to make your acquaintance! If you had something to do with me getting my S500's, then my hats off to you! Sadly though, my wallet will ultimately become very afraid of you, just as it has become very afraid of dsnuts lol!

post #4400 of 25588
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Sadly that's the cruel cruel truth ghost. tongue_smile.gif 

 

Oh man on a FX101 note, i was burning those to hell on my lappy constantly at max volume, and when I gave them a listen today they sound like crap!!! WTH??? Man did I damaged those drivers by over doing it with the burn in, or did i get too used to the amazing sounds of my S500s/ S400s and FXD70s? Man I don't remember they sounded this bad tbh. Kinda worried now........... triportsad.gif

 

Well at least there is still sound coming outta these suckas but.......................................... so UNDERWHELMED by the sound, just all boom boom bass LoL

 

edit: alright I think i might have over reacted a bit, but oh man i am so spoiled by my other JVCs that it is hard to listen to these now. Been a longggg minute since I gave them a proper listen. redface.gif

 

That's the sad thing about "upgrading"   ...there can be no going back !

 

After experiencing FXD80, HA S400 and HA S500   ...all the lesser IEMs just doesn't cut it anymore. My FX101, FX40, FX1X, FX3X, FX31, CKM500, CKM300, CKS77, GR02BE SHE3580, SHE3680, SHE9700, SHE8700 and a whole lot of others just don't get as much ear-time as before.

 

I suspect once the FXZ200 are out, my current favourites will be going to that happy audio gear place in the drawers.

post #4401 of 25588
Quote:
sfwalcer Oh man on a FX101 note, i was burning those to hell on my lappy constantly at max volume, and when I gave them a listen today they sound like crap!!! WTH???

Give them another 700-800 hours, they'll clears up. wink.gif (all about the burn in) I've found connecting a 9V battery to both ground / left right jack terminals accelerates the procedure. 12V car battery's cut the time needed in half to fix FX101.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 10/31/12 at 7:59pm
post #4402 of 25588

Ok, I got the Bravo Audio Ocean amp Ds recommended today.  As far as amps go, these might be one of the best I've heard.  It sounds good with anything I throw at it.  It's so lush, smooth and such a wonderful big stage.  This is my first experience with tube amps and I am addicted.  Anyone in need of an amp, for the price, I couldn't recommend anything better that I've heard.  The power behind this thing is monstrous also.  Only one drawback is that the HE-500's start distorting at moderately high volume.  But at an easy listening level, these headphones sound stunning with this amp.  Truly out of the head experience.  Get this amp fellas.  

 

By the way, the Sony MDR-1's are the real deal.  

post #4403 of 25588

i read about the fanny wangs a few weeks back..

 

this is how the innards look

 

 

post #4404 of 25588

have the sound magic es 18s been discussed in this thread ?

 

they provide a superb value for money in my opinion 

post #4405 of 25588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

That's the sad thing about "upgrading"   ...there can be no going back !

 

After experiencing FXD80, HA S400 and HA S500   ...all the lesser IEMs just doesn't cut it anymore. My FX101, FX40, FX1X, FX3X, FX31, CKM500, CKM300, CKS77, GR02BE SHE3580, SHE3680, SHE9700, SHE8700 and a whole lot of others just don't get as much ear-time as before.

 

I suspect once the FXZ200 are out, my current favourites will be going to that happy audio gear place in the drawers.

 

THATS WHY i am NOT gonna touch those FXZ200s even with a stick from a mile away.  My current setup is gonna hate me even more. haha

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Give them another 700-800 hours, they'll clears up. wink.gif (all about the burn in) I've found connecting a 9V battery to both ground / left right jack terminals accelerates the procedure. 12V car battery's cut the time needed in half to fix FX101.

 

YES SIR!!!  Care to lend me some of your car batteries??? rolleyes.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

By the way, the Sony MDR-1's are the real deal.  

 

Hallelujah!!!

post #4406 of 25588

The MH1C really loves this right here!!

 

 

 

etysmile.gif

post #4407 of 25588

Sorry but...Fanny Wangs! beyersmile.png

 

Do you guys know what the word 'fanny' means here in the UK?

post #4408 of 25588
Thread Starter 

Lol. Guys so I went on the deals thread and guys are posting the usual CC51 for $25 deal. thinking that is a DEAL. Lol. So I go on there and mention the MH1Cs. People on there seem to have no idea. Then I get folks saying how great the CC51 is for the price.

 

You guys want to hear a real piece of poo earphone. The CC51 has the wonkiest sounds I have ever heard. It has overly sparkly highs that is far from accurate. Overly forward muffled mids and a messy bass end to boot.. That is a good deal for $25?? We all hear differently..

 

Nice track indeed Ericp.

post #4409 of 25588

Man I'm bummed.

 

Purchased the MH1C listed as expedited international shipping. Next day ebay warned me that the listing is entirely removed, and upon contacting the seller,

he gave me a registered airmail tracking(that aint no expedited!).... which is not found in the tracking system so far.

post #4410 of 25588

How much burn in does the m1hc require or is it pretty good out of the box and can I have a link for the cheapest website (I live in the U.S)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197