Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 142

post #2116 of 25592
Thread Starter 

I have to agree that these are more of the musical Monster earphone style sound while the FX101 is less colored more flatter sound. The imaging and depth is very nice on the FX3X. I will not give the verdict quite yet until I hear some improvements in the upper registers. While it doesn't bother me much as I am more tolerant of these frequencies than most but I can clearly make out the peakiness.. For guys that are less sensitive in this department the bass on these are as close to a real sub woofer sound as I have heard. Textured bass on the high quality more than most earphones. The bass is big n brawny while maintaining a tight control in the sub bass region. Similar to the FX40 bass but about X2 more. Lol!

 

I will have to do some A'Bing against the other bass earphones once these burn in for a while.

post #2117 of 25592

Anyone know of a good site to buy these on in the UK, Amazon only has the FX1X or the FX101 at the minute..

post #2118 of 25592
Can someone try the RHA MA-350 and see how they compare to the JVCs?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-MA-350-Aluminum-Ear-Buds/dp/B0053R0WWG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339095311&sr=1-1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
post #2119 of 25592

I received the FX40's and Isurus today.  Out of box, the 40's are impressive.  Sub-bass is fantastic.  I notice the sibilance but it's not as bad as what I have experienced with the 101's.  I am not impressed with the Isurus, at least with music.  I might give them a shot with watching a movie but I'll most likely just give them away.  Dsnuts warned me that these wouldn't impress me as much as others but I didn't listen.  I gave the 101's a massive burn last night with some Burial cranked at a level that I couldn't listen because it was too loud and today the treble peaks have calmed down to a level that I was able to listen to them all day without annoyance.  Really like the FX40's so far.  I think after some burn, I'll really enjoy those.  I'm listening to the Isurus right now and the bass is flabby but I guess the sound is not as bad as when I first heard them.  Back to burning in some more.  

post #2120 of 25592

I'm curious as to how the fx40s will sound when i get home today.

 

Honestly I'm wondering if there was something different about the FX40s i got..

 

We should do a tally/poll to see what's going on here.

A) FX40s are harsh/painful             C) noticeable but not intolerable

B) FX101s are sibilant/painful         D) noticeable but not intolerable

 

E)Both are perfectly fine.

 

 

or something like that.

 

 

I mean we can all agree that the SHE3850 is mellow when it comes to the highs, right?

post #2121 of 25592

My 40s have harsh highs before much drum and bass burn (only about 6-7 hours). My 101s are way less harsh and lean closer to perfectly fine.

post #2122 of 25592

I ordered mine from ebay with shipping from USA. 21 quid though, might be worth waiting till they arrive over here but I'm impatient... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by im steppo View Post

Anyone know of a good site to buy these on in the UK, Amazon only has the FX1X or the FX101 at the minute..

post #2123 of 25592

SHE3580: are mellow fellows
FX40: noticeable but not intolerable

FX101: noticeable but not intolerable

 

I think I found out what was going on with my fx101s. I'm thinking my drivers were stuck.

Don't laugh, but, on a hunch I gently sucked on both of the iems without the tips on them. Then put my Sony hybrids back on and reinserted being careful not to flex the driver. A lot of the harshness was gone from the highs and I was able to listen for 2 hours without issue. I'm wondering if in the process of trying all of the various tips I the drivers flexed and got stuck. 
 

Right now I'm rocking the FX101s with my soundmagic A10 and there's nothing hurting my ears but these big FAT beats on bassdrive.com :D

post #2124 of 25592
Thread Starter 

I can only imagine how that would have sounded. Lol! I bet you was cringing thinking. Man this time he must be just trippin! lol!  That is great that you found out the problem as I was gonna say while the sound on the FX40 are crisp and detailed the FX101 is the easier one to listen to for extended periods of time. 

 

But if you do have driver flex. I would see about returning those and get a new pair. I have no driver flex issues on mine and I don't know if anyone else does either.

 

BG you get your FX3X yet?? I think you will notice what they sound like.


Edited by Dsnuts - 6/7/12 at 2:39pm
post #2125 of 25592

Ive been using Benny Benassi's track  - Come fly away to burn my IEM sets as of late. Tamed the highs on my 40's in 20-30 hrs.

post #2126 of 25592

OH just a reminder for those using bassdrive.com to burnin their headphones. Your best results will be by using the AAC+ or WMA feed, the flash player's feed doesn't have nearly the frequency range.

AAC+ http://www.bassdrive.com/v2/streams/BassDrive3.pls

WMA http://www.bassdrive.com/BassDrive.asx

post #2127 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaardker View Post

SHE3580: are mellow fellows
FX40: noticeable but not intolerable

FX101: noticeable but not intolerable

 

I think I found out what was going on with my fx101s. I'm thinking my drivers were stuck.

Don't laugh, but, on a hunch I gently sucked on both of the iems without the tips on them. Then put my Sony hybrids back on and reinserted being careful not to flex the driver. A lot of the harshness was gone from the highs and I was able to listen for 2 hours without issue. I'm wondering if in the process of trying all of the various tips I the drivers flexed and got stuck. 
 

Right now I'm rocking the FX101s with my soundmagic A10 and there's nothing hurting my ears but these big FAT beats on bassdrive.com :D


Ha.

 

That's odd indeed. Good to hear that they're not painful any more..

 

Bit of an odd problem though. Does driver flex do damage to the transducer? I was under the impression that it was just an uncomfortable feeling upon insertion into the ear, as a result of the driver flexing. I didn't know that the driver could get stuck. I'm not that well informed on the subject though.

post #2128 of 25592
Thanks. I will try the other ones.
post #2129 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I have to agree that these are more of the musical Monster earphone style sound while the FX101 is less colored more flatter sound. The imaging and depth is very nice on the FX3X. I will not give the verdict quite yet until I hear some improvements in the upper registers. While it doesn't bother me much as I am more tolerant of these frequencies than most but I can clearly make out the peakiness.. For guys that are less sensitive in this department the bass on these are as close to a real sub woofer sound as I have heard. Textured bass on the high quality more than most earphones. The bass is big n brawny while maintaining a tight control in the sub bass region. Similar to the FX40 bass but about X2 more. Lol!

 

I will have to do some A'Bing against the other bass earphones once these burn in for a while.

looking forward to hearing your impressions mate, also whether u think the step in price justifies a step in sound quality over the 40's of 101's.

post #2130 of 25592

My FX101 from eBay arrived today. Gonna cook 'em for a few days. They sound muddy to me with fake Hybrids, like someone put their hand over the vocals. It clears up with some black foams I got from lostearbuds. It could be a fit issue with the fake Hybrids in my case. I'll stick with the foams for now since they seem to work better for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197