Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 1410

post #21136 of 25626
The pistons have foam stuffed inside the nozzle...if you remove them then the rest of the sound will come out 😊...by the way just ordered the fostex te05😈😁😄😜can't wait to get them 😈
post #21137 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyy View Post
 

Did everybody receive their ibuygou order (Piston)? I ordered 2 weeks ago and requested tracking via mail but they just don't answer my mails. In the customer reviews there are others with the same problem. Hope this isn't fraud :/

If you didn't pay for the registered mail shipping (costs extra), you won't get a tracking number.

 

It is also chinese new year. It's basically a 2 week vacation for the country.  If you ordered after it started, your order may not have even shipped yet.

post #21138 of 25626

I have a burning (no pun intended!) question.  I keep reading about burn-in.  Without getting into a debate of whether it does anything, my question has always been whether it has to be done all at once, or broken up?  I know that listening to them normally doesn't get the same burn-in effect as loads of bass and/or white and pink noise. 

 

But does it have to be done all at once?  Particularly my question is for a carbon nanotube which is a stubbornly hard material that requires longer burn in, or so I've heard.  If I set my computer to bassdrive/white/pink for 12 hours while I'm at work and then get home and use them normally, and repeat the process the next day -- am I getting 24 hours of burn-in or does the nanotube "revert" back to original and I end up getting less than 24 by not doing it consecutively?

 

 

 

post #21139 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 

I have a burning (no pun intended!) question.  I keep reading about burn-in.  Without getting into a debate of whether it does anything, my question has always been whether it has to be done all at once, or broken up?  I know that listening to them normally doesn't get the same burn-in effect as loads of bass and/or white and pink noise. 

 

But does it have to be done all at once?  Particularly my question is for a carbon nanotube which is a stubbornly hard material that requires longer burn in, or so I've heard.  If I set my computer to bassdrive/white/pink for 12 hours while I'm at work and then get home and use them normally, and repeat the process the next day -- am I getting 24 hours of burn-in or does the nanotube "revert" back to original and I end up getting less than 24 by not doing it consecutively?

 

 

 

 


It doesn't revert back so quickly, so you do get 24 hours of burn-in.

post #21140 of 25626
I only clock at 400hrs on the nanotube but it does smoothen out the sound and makes it nice ....i think the whole point of burn is to loosen the diaphragm from its original stiffness 😎
post #21141 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post


http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail_eu/k323xs-a-black.html

Here is a new IEM from AKG, it is a tiny little thing with a 5.8mm driver almost rivaling the Aurisonic Rocket for size. Using the stock tips this goes unbelievably deep into the ear disappearing, using Sony hybrids I use large tips and they are note quite as deep in ear.

Sonically they are a bit V shaped but still have very good mids. They have a very nice sound stage which is all the more impressive given their size. I want to let them burn in for a couple of days before I give a final verdict on their signature though. For the $50 price tag I think they are pretty darn sweet though. I think I will keep them and do a comparison against my Aurisonic Rocket's then they come in in May/June. I expect the Rockets will slay them build wise and probably sonically but for $50 these are punching way above their price tag in my opinion so I might be surprised.

I bought these because of how much I love my K545 headphones. These are not quite as good as the K545 but do have some similarities already so will be interested to see what happens with some burnin.

very interesting. how's the cable? any comparision against others micro drivers? like the Ath-ckn , or JVC FXD ?

post #21142 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

very interesting. how's the cable? any comparision against others micro drivers? like the Ath-ckn , or JVC FXD ?
I don't have the FXD80 any more but from memory I like the treble on these better as well as the midrange. The are close to as good as the Monster Trumpet (again from memory) but more comfortable. Here is a picture of them beside my LG G2 stock IEM's another smallish IEM that is massive in comparison.

post #21143 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post


I don't have the FXD80 any more but from memory I like the treble on these better as well as the midrange. The are close to as good as the Monster Trumpet (again from memory) but more comfortable. Here is a picture of them beside my LG G2 stock IEM's another smallish IEM that is massive in comparison.

Thank you very much!:beerchug: 

post #21144 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

If you didn't pay for the registered mail shipping (costs extra), you won't get a tracking number.

It is also chinese new year. It's basically a 2 week vacation for the country.  If you ordered after it started, your order may not have even shipped yet.


Did you get any shipping acknowledgements prior to receiving it? I ordered mine just before Chinese New year but until now there's no email pertaining to shipping my order.
post #21145 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

Thank you very much!beerchug.gif  
forgot to answer your question about the cable, it is a good robust cable. Maybe a touch to thick for some people.

I am enjoying the heck out of these! I haven't felt the need to pull my K545 out once today.
post #21146 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

Take with a grain of salt, but remember liking the NADs more right off the gate more than I would ever have had the M500s. Less of a nasal tone.

....Just to pour more fuel in the flame. *whistles innocently*

 

Nasal tone? Whatcha talkin' about Willis? 

post #21147 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyy View Post

Did everybody receive their ibuygou order (Piston)? I ordered 2 weeks ago and requested tracking via mail but they just don't answer my mails. In the customer reviews there are others with the same problem. Hope this isn't fraud :/

I never got any response or tracking either but they did arrive in a couple of weeks. Remember that the Chinese new year holidays last throughout this week.
post #21148 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyy View Post
 

Did everybody receive their ibuygou order (Piston)? I ordered 2 weeks ago and requested tracking via mail but they just don't answer my mails. In the customer reviews there are others with the same problem. Hope this isn't fraud :/

If you did free shipping, it takes about a month. I ordered from them. They are legit, but it took a little over a month before I got mine. Two weeks? Be patient. And yes, it took them a long time to answer my email too, but in the end it was worth the wait.

post #21149 of 25626

Time to update your signature ericp10, I want to see where those Pistons rank! :)

post #21150 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 

Time to update your signature ericp10, I want to see where those Pistons rank! :)

 

 

It won't be high enough to fit on that list. It's very good though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197