Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 1340

post #20086 of 25614
If it's HM-601, I found it rather average unfortunately. It leans warm bassy with rolled off treble, detailing levels aren't much better than an iPod 5.5 classic or iPod video. With 6-8 hour run times mine was never off the charger, like a slave I gave up on it rather quickly. It performs better from line out. Personally I found the Colorfly C3 quite a bit better.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/21/14 at 10:35pm
post #20087 of 25614

 Are you getting the 601 LE?  I believe the LE model uses the same amp chip as the 602.

post #20088 of 25614

There's some links here I remember seeing regarding HM-601, showing it's flaws.

This one here from ABI: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62111

And if the HO output impedance is anything like HM-602, (which is most likely) that's 11.4ohms which is terrible for low impedance IEM's, especially those like the 10ohm Dunu DN-1000.

Link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/524012/review-hifiman-hm-601/915#post_7559579

Anyway, carry on with your discovery thread, sorry for intruding. 

post #20089 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

If it's HM-601, I found it rather average unfortunately. It leans warm bassy with rolled off treble, detailing levels aren't much better than an iPod 5.5 classic or iPod video. With 6-8 hour run times mine was never off the charger, like a slave I gave up on it rather quickly. It performs better from line out. Personally I found the Colorfly C3 quite a bit better.

the colorfly is too basic. No album covers or anything else that I like. It might not be important to sound, but I could go with quite a few good sounding DAP's that have pretty much no tag recognition. I'm someone who likes tags, which is why I enjoy my Sony and my Sansa. Warm is how I like it too. The X3 was so far from warm, with such weak bass response, that I just couldn't dig it. But thanks for the heads up. If the ^01 turns out to be cruddy, I'll sell it and move on to something else. The battery life worries me some, but then again the battery life in the sansa isn't that great either. 

post #20090 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaluu View Post
 

 Are you getting the 601 LE?  I believe the LE model uses the same amp chip as the 602.

it's the 601 slim. Not sure if that's anything like the LE?

post #20091 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

the colorfly is too basic. No album covers or anything else that I like. It might not be important to sound, but I could go with quite a few good sounding DAP's that have pretty much no tag recognition. I'm someone who likes tags, which is why I enjoy my Sony and my Sansa. Warm is how I like it too. The X3 was so far from warm, with such weak bass response, that I just couldn't dig it. But thanks for the heads up. If the ^01 turns out to be cruddy, I'll sell it and move on to something else. The battery life worries me some, but then again the battery life in the sansa isn't that great either. 

Oh, so that's why you didn't like the Pistons when you listened to them through your X3. You a basshead, meng?

post #20092 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Oh, so that's why you didn't like the Pistons when you listened to them through your X3. You a basshead, meng?

not exactly that. The X3 doesn't present bass in a well rounded way. It lacks weight and sub bass extension. It presents bass in a very lazy, almost dry way. You listen to the Piston with the Sansa Fuze or Sony, and you can feel the sub bass and mid bass, and get that feeling of weight and speed. The X3 presents it more linear. More like bass from a HiFiMan RE product...if you follow?

post #20093 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Kinda' disappointing that these piston don't even best the ATH CKN70s tbh. If true that is.... :ph34r:

 

I prefer thew Piston's over the CKN70's :wink_face:

post #20094 of 25614

Meelectronics M-Duo v.s. Havi B3 


Edited by IEMagnet01 - 1/22/14 at 4:59am
post #20095 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

not exactly that. The X3 doesn't present bass in a well rounded way. It lacks weight and sub bass extension. It presents bass in a very lazy, almost dry way. You listen to the Piston with the Sansa Fuze or Sony, and you can feel the sub bass and mid bass, and get that feeling of weight and speed. The X3 presents it more linear. More like bass from a HiFiMan RE product...if you follow?

+1 on the Fuze and Pistons on bass, even though I am not a bass head.
post #20096 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Kinda' disappointing that these piston don't even best the ATH CKN70s tbh. If true that is.... :ph34r:

I think it was more about the signature, i.e. sharp vs. smooth.

post #20097 of 25614
Amazon selling the Fidelio X1 for $150! You fellas better jump on that one. Best headphone I've ever heard. It and the Thinksound On1 are my two favorites.
post #20098 of 25614
Ericp ....can you help me find the best universal iem ion terms of build sound and something that I can sleep with ....choices are hifiman re600,em5813, and h3.thank you for your help and can you describe the difference between the sound of all😊😎
post #20099 of 25614
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Ericp ....can you help me find the best universal iem ion terms of build sound and something that I can sleep with ....choices are hifiman re600,em5813, and h3.thank you for your help and can you describe the difference between the sound of all😊😎

 

LOL You think you think you can sleep with those H3 bolts sticking an inch out of your ears.

post #20100 of 25614

Wow mochill, you seem to be buying several phones per week at the moment. That's some serious addicton.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197