Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 1188

post #17806 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

Oh it's small and compact. Slightly larger than my Sansa+. Not sure a DAC is much better, unless it's a DAP. DAC doesn't present much difference over a amp. 

 

 

could you please elaborate?

post #17807 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

 

could you please elaborate?

   Yes, please do. To my knowledge, a DAC performs a function different from that of an amp. A DAC changes the output signal from digital to analog (probably to reduce noise or something like that, I forgot), while an amp just provides more power to the headphone's current and also amplifies it. 

post #17808 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

   Yes, please do. To my knowledge, a DAC performs a function different from that of an amp. A DAC changes the output signal from digital to analog (probably to reduce noise or something like that, I forgot), while an amp just provides more power to the headphone's current and also amplifies it. 

That is correct. 

post #17809 of 25522

I found a nice comfortable way to wear my KEF M200, and I'm absolutely loving the amazingly smooth sound coming from these gems. Fit is not an issue, and once I looked online and got some pointers on comfort, I'm so glad I pulled these from the market. The more they burn in, the better they get and the more details I hear coming out of my songs. 

post #17810 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

That is correct. 

   Then why doesn't a DAC have much of a difference over an amp then? It doesn't seem to make sense. The main purpose of buying a DAC is because most phones and non-audiophile DAPs have inferior DACs, therefore a better DAC is used to convert the signal in its [phone DAC] stead, which makes for an improved listening experience. So in all fairness, unless you have an audiophile DAP which in my opinion might be a little more hassle than just using your phone (which you already got used to), a DAC/Amp combo isn't a bad idea.

post #17811 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

   Then why doesn't a DAC have much of a difference over an amp then? It doesn't seem to make sense. The main purpose of buying a DAC is because most phones and non-audiophile DAPs have inferior DACs, therefore a better DAC is used to convert the signal in its [phone DAC] stead, which makes for an improved listening experience. So in all fairness, unless you have an audiophile DAP which in my opinion might be a little more hassle than just using your phone (which you already got used to), a DAC/Amp combo isn't a bad idea.

If you wish spending more money for very little different then yes. That's what i was getting at. The output of your iphone/phone or Sansa or iRiver or whatever is sufficient enough, and in most cases "audiophile" enough to provide a great listening experience with an amp. A dedicated DAC being a bit overkill, unless you want it and don't care paying for it. if not, then more power to you. 

post #17812 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

If you wish spending more money for very little different then yes. That's what i was getting at. The output of your iphone/phone or Sansa or iRiver or whatever is sufficient enough, and in most cases "audiophile" enough to provide a great listening experience with an amp. A dedicated DAC being a bit overkill, unless you want it and don't care paying for it. if not, then more power to you. 

   Ah, so that's what you meant. My apologies. Well, we are the Discovery Thread; we find all types of stuff which are both great and cheap. Reading your post again, I see your point more clearly. I guess one doesn't really need a dedicated DAC unless you really go that far. That being said, we Discoverers do not go that far. (How far is too far though? :p) Thanks for your insight.

post #17813 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

   Ah, so that's what you meant. My apologies. Well, we are the Discovery Thread; we find all types of stuff which are both great and cheap. Reading your post again, I see your point more clearly. I guess one doesn't really need a dedicated DAC unless you really go that far. That being said, we Discoverers do not go that far. (How far is too far though? :p) Thanks for your insight.

no problem. It's these discovery threads that's brought me my KEF's, my soon to be arriving Samsung's, my SHE3580's, and my VSonics, so I know exactly what you mean. 

post #17814 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

no problem. It's these discovery threads that's brought me my KEF's, my soon to be arriving Samsung's, my SHE3580's, and my VSonics, so I know exactly what you mean. 

     I feel ya, man. It's the Discovery Thread that also brought me to my now-broken 3580s (faulty wire) and the Pistons. With their guidance, my journey for the pursuit of aural paradise is paved. Because of that, I gave a shout-out to you guys on my Pistons review on my final revision. It's been only a year, and I've learned a lot from you guys. You guys are all great people, and I'm honored to meet you all. I hope we could actually meet at a headphone meet somewhere in the future.

post #17815 of 25522

So are there any less heavy alternatives to the DN-1000? 

post #17816 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

I found a nice comfortable way to wear my KEF M200, and I'm absolutely loving the amazingly smooth sound coming from these gems. Fit is not an issue, and once I looked online and got some pointers on comfort, I'm so glad I pulled these from the market. The more they burn in, the better they get and the more details I hear coming out of my songs. 

the tips were the biggest thing for me, what else did you do?

post #17817 of 25522

Can someone link me to a page where I can purchase the Havi B3? I'm really considering the purchase and I'm thinking about going with the enhanced edition.

post #17818 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Can someone link me to a page where I can purchase the Havi B3? I'm really considering the purchase and I'm thinking about going with the enhanced edition.

http://www.ugomark.com/taobao/view/id/35700828655

Try contacting this agent and have them confirm that they can get you the version you want.
post #17819 of 25522
Well I expect another reliable head-fier to comment soon and verify I'm not crazy in hearing the H3 as incredible as I do. I think these spank the Ex1000 quite good (based on memory).
post #17820 of 25522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well I expect another reliable head-fier to comment soon and verify I'm not crazy in hearing the H3 as incredible as I do. I think these spank the Ex1000 quite good (based on memory).

They are both very expensive IEM's, which is what they both have in common. Since I've only owned the XBA-30 and the low pro Sony IEM's, I can't comment on sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197