Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 1134

post #16996 of 25592

Also the various Musicians Friend companies (MF, Music123, WWBW) have them and will pricematch Amazon.

post #16997 of 25592

MY GOD. I received my HPH-200s today. I love my S500s and I always will, but it is time to move on. These headphones sound simply amazing! I don't really know if you should take my word since I'm no audiophile, but I see the hype around these headphones lately. My only complaint is that their open back, but I knew that when I bought them so it isn't really a complaint. My discover points were well spent :D I will be passing my S500s onto a friend of mine, so at least they will still get some love!

 

Now for the burn in phase...I'm using bassdrive of course, at 65% volume on my computer. Think that is pushing them too much? Or maybe not enough :veryevil: I can't wait to hear these after some burn in!

post #16998 of 25592

I would like someone to compare the HPH 200's to the AKG 545's. Is that too much to ask lol?

post #16999 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofamillion View Post
 

MY GOD. I received my HPH-200s today. I love my S500s and I always will, but it is time to move on. These headphones sound simply amazing! I don't really know if you should take my word since I'm no audiophile, but I see the hype around these headphones lately. My only complaint is that their open back, but I knew that when I bought them so it isn't really a complaint. My discover points were well spent :D I will be passing my S500s onto a friend of mine, so at least they will still get some love!

 

Now for the burn in phase...I'm using bassdrive of course, at 65% volume on my computer. Think that is pushing them too much? Or maybe not enough :veryevil: I can't wait to hear these after some burn in!

You don't need to be an "audiophile" to recognize musicality in a headphone! these things sing!  but wait till you break them in for about

four 24/7 days (100hrs or more)  the bass tightens up, the midrange sweetens and the treble sparkles more.  its like rubbing them up

against an aladdin's lamp of  musical purification ha:) 

post #17000 of 25592

does anyone not think the HPH200 is the greatest thing since sliced bread?  I thought they were good for the PRICE but overall didnt think it was as life changing as some here.  Maybe I didnt let them burn in enough?  

post #17001 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post
 

does anyone not think the HPH200 is the greatest thing since sliced bread?  I thought they were good for the PRICE but overall didnt think it was as life changing as some here.  Maybe I didnt let them burn in enough?  

 

Maybe you didn't rub them properly as per drblue's instructions? :D

post #17002 of 25592
Burn in alone won't take you from underwhelmed to amazed. It's actually refreshing and expected that some won't agree.
post #17003 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Maybe you didn't rub them properly as per drblue's instructions? :D

 

man, I must have missed that post.  Rubbing definitely would have helped lol.  

post #17004 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

I would like someone to compare the HPH 200's to the AKG 545's. Is that too much to ask lol?

 

I will happily do so if someone will send me the Yamahas. It's the cheaper end of the deal after all. :D

post #17005 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post
 

 

I will happily do so if someone will send me the Yamahas. It's the cheaper end of the deal after all. :D

 

It would probably be best if we found an impartial judge. I know...ME! So c'mon jwong and dweaver, let's get the ball rolling on this shall we? :evil:

post #17006 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

I've got these things to keep me busy this week!





Special thanks to a fellow headfier who's kind enough to let me audition the C3, BH amp, and MA750!


m200 match the esthetic of your player nicely. how are the ma750 in comparison?

post #17007 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post
 

 

man, I must have missed that post.  Rubbing definitely would have helped lol.  

Ya, its the rubbing and magic chanting over them that makes them sound so special! i have lots of "higher end" headphones which are much more expensive than these

Yamahas and have different uses for recording and mixing monitoring, etc.  but out of a dragonfly dac  out of a macbook air, i just LOVE the sound of these

and am revisiting music i haven't heard since i heard it on other devices. Now this music is sound new and so much better to me than before.

 

im not saying everyone would find them to be their cat's meow, but they definitely tickle my hearing bone....(tm)  (sic), and it aint no placebo cause ive

have three different people yelp with joy when i let them hear them on different kinds of music... the main limitation i find on the Yamahas is the smaller driver

and limit to power scaling after getting moderately loud, they pixilze like a digital image when really blasted...but thats too loud for me to listen to in most cases anyway.

 

i am still waiting on a MIKINOS 90 for cross comparison, and other recently new phones such as

the  X1S still are keepers, etc etc, but i keep smiling and listening when i put these on for many reasons: fit, sound quality, tonality, soundstage, layering,

and just damn musicality, a term high end audiophiles (not me) use to describe the why they like one expensive piece of equipment over another when

you can't explain the difference by specs, graphs, or price.

 

I'm glad some people might have other views, tastes, preferences, opinions etc. thats why this is an

interesting hobby and pursuit of the sound grail....listen on...

post #17008 of 25592
Yeah I have 24 hours on them now and it's good. Doesn't surpass the x1 or m500 to my ears, but shoots above current price by a good margin. DannyBai says it has more bass than the m500. I'm not hearing that yet, but I trust his thoughts. It's not bass shy, but the m500 has more sub-bass to my ears. It's better than the Onkyo, which I like a lot.
post #17009 of 25592
I can add that vocals are fantastic! Great separation of lead and background vocals. And very detailed.
post #17010 of 25592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I can add that vocals are fantastic! Great separation of lead and background vocals. And very detailed.

 

I felt like it was a bit hallow, not thin, but sounded like I was in a bit of a music hall type sound.  I could be wrong as I no longer have them.  Also, there was something in the treble registers that was hurting my head... but it could be that I was just drunk.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197