Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 1070

post #16036 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Are the KEF M200's a really really good buy? I might be picking some of up. I really need to take another 6 month break from Head-Fi as it always impacts my wallet, but I can't until I figure out which on ear headphones to get--for christmas--as I am on the fence about the V-Moda M100s. (>$300) I might also take a look at the KEF M200's just as a buy for myself because they look aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

 

How do I answer this? Hmmm? Short answer is yes! I've heard no IEM better for under $300 MSRP. It's the most refined IEM I've heard for under $300 MSRP, and one of the most refined period. This all depends, however, on you getting a good fit. Some have (like myself), but many haven't. If the stock tips don't work for you, you need to tip roll. You will will need a tip (preferably silicon, but Comply foams work well too) that is big enough to fit over the earphone's wide nozzle. It should give you a great seal without a deep insertion. Back of the earphone resting inside of your inner-earlobe should give you outstanding rich, clean bass. Perfect seal equals heaven! I haven't heard a better earphone for $200.

post #16037 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Are the KEF M200's a really really good buy? I might be picking some of up. I really need to take another 6 month break from Head-Fi as it always impacts my wallet, but I can't until I figure out which on ear headphones to get--for christmas--as I am on the fence about the V-Moda M100s. (>$300) I might also take a look at the KEF M200's just as a buy for myself because they look aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

How do I answer this? Hmmm? Short answer is yes! I've heard no IEM better for under $300 MSRP. It's the most refined IEM I've heard for under $300 MSRP, and one of the most refined period. This all depends, however, on you getting a good fit. Some have (like myself), but many haven't. If the stock tips don't work for you, you need to tip roll. You will will need a tip (preferably silicon, but Comply foams work well too) that is big enough to fit over the earphone's wide nozzle. It should give you a great seal without a deep insertion. Back of the earphone resting inside of your inner-earlobe should give you outstanding rich, clean bass. Perfect seal equals heaven! I haven't heard a better earphone for $200.

That's great to know. What would you say is the problem with the ear tips; are they slightly to big or slightly to small? I see from your headphones inventory that you own (or owned) the Turbine Pro Coppers & Mile Davis'. As my Copper's and Gratitude's have the same sized ear tips I will assume that they all do and that should give you a reference to the kinds-of tips I normally find fit the best. I currently use the smallest of the tips with my Gratitude's in all foam factors including the the triple flanges. I actually quite like a deep insertion, but if the headphone doesn't call for it that will be fine too. Do you think my ear canal would be able to get a proper fit and you mentioned that nozzle is biggish--though I could be reading to much into your message--would the Monster tips fit if I couldn't?
post #16038 of 25626
I got the UE600 and UE6000 in the mail today. Initial very short listened makes me very impressed by the 6000's and not so impressed with the 600's. They will both get more time before I make more comments....
post #16039 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

I got the UE600 and UE6000 in the mail today. Initial very short listened makes me very impressed by the 6000's and not so impressed with the 600's. They will both get more time before I make more comments....

The UE600 looks exactly like the SuperFi 5.
post #16040 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


That's great to know. What would you say is the problem with the ear tips; are they slightly to big or slightly to small? I see from your headphones inventory that you own (or owned) the Turbine Pro Coppers & Mile Davis'. As my Copper's and Gratitude's have the same sized ear tips I will assume that they all do and that should give you a reference to the kinds-of tips I normally find fit the best. I currently use the smallest of the tips with my Gratitude's in all foam factors including the the triple flanges. I actually quite like a deep insertion, but if the headphone doesn't call for it that will be fine too. Do you think my ear canal would be able to get a proper fit and you mentioned that nozzle is biggish--though I could be reading to much into your message--would the Monster tips fit if I couldn't?

I don't think the Montster tips will fit. I think people who have small ear canals had the most problems with the M200's tips. For me, the stock tips are either too small or too big. The M200 is not designed for deep insertion regardless. Now, maybe someone with small ear canals (and who are owners of the M200) can give you more guidance than me. I tend to use large tips for all of my earphones.


Edited by ericp10 - 10/30/13 at 4:27pm
post #16041 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

 

This is how carbon drivers sound like..Dark vs Bright for the nanotube variety. I also know JVC does not burn in anything they sell so these drivers are about as raw as it gets. So I did get my pair and they look nice, feel nice, are a touch smaller than the HA-S600. As they are mostly on ears for me. The sound is dark, dank n warm. Not open at all. has a veil over the mids. Has some big bass and loose to boot,  much like the HA-S600. Overall a dark sound and sloppy big bass with not much to like in the sound.

 

This being said, as crazy as this sounds. I do hear some potential. My HA-M750 sounded very similar to these on open box as well and those turned out for the much better with a long burn in..As they are on open box I can't recommend these to your worst nephews. However. I think I am going to keep mines and blast them carbon drivers until the veil is gone and may try some modding.

 

The bass is strong with this one Luke! So far they sound like cheapo $30 cans. If at that. Lol.. The only positive in the sound. For a closed smallish on ears the stage is not bad..Needs a lot of work however..I got it on the burn in. Will report back with any changes and I do expect this sound to open up. We will see.

 

If the mids clean up and bass tightens the treble has a thicker rich tonality to it which I kinda like. These could sound pretty good.. Is what I am projecting with burn in. I hope.

Thats such a shame i was hoping for a more mid focused sound. I know JVC usually have a "fun" house sound to them and i thougholy enjoyed them in the S400 and FX40. But burn in changes alot the MX10 were cold and lifeless at first and now sound open and crisp

post #16042 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

The UE600 looks exactly like the SuperFi 5.

Yes I think they're supposed to be the same just a name change.
post #16043 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

The UE600 looks exactly like the SuperFi 5.

Yes I think they're supposed to be the same just a name change.

It's to bad that they didn't remake the SuperFi EB or Pro's instead.
post #16044 of 25626
WOW!

MONSTER GRATITUDES!!
post #16045 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

WOW!

MONSTER GRATITUDES!!

Could you elaborate?

post #16046 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Could you elaborate?

Only been listening for an hour but it's kind of S2 sound. Bass is similar but the MG's have a little more kick. Awesome bass by the way. Good mix of mid-bass and sub-bass. No bloat and does not interfere into the midrange. Forward vocals and I hear some tizz in the upper region but no sibilance. Good extended treble, nice sparkle and has less peak over the S2. It's the "fun" version of the S2. I think your descriptions were spot on doc. Well rounded stage too. I think it's the best $50 I've ever spent in audio. I am switching between Sony Hybrids and Auvio tips. Monster tips have never agreed with me getting a proper fit.
post #16047 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

WOW!

MONSTER GRATITUDES!!

 

Keep that up, and I might have to get you to buy me a pair!

post #16048 of 25626
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Keep that up, and I might have to get you to buy me a pair!

I think you need a pair and I'd gladly do it.
post #16049 of 25626

Same here, Wayne, could order and send, deal won't last forever as they are discontinued.

post #16050 of 25626

So far the Gratitudes are great. Easily worth $50, though the Auvio tips let me see that. My only issue is it seems to play funny with my Magni (maybe due to TRRS+adapter). Time to figure that out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197