Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197 - Page 1067

post #15991 of 25523
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

That's interesting. The realism of the cymbals is part of what impressed me so much. Maybe I'm just crazy haha

I think a large part of that are the tips... I messed around with the tips a bit and they definitely affect the sound quite a bit. But maybe I'm just too used to the kef m500 and q701 so the upper treble on the gratitudes seem a bit more emphasized than I'm used to... actually the highs don't particularly bother me, and the presentation as a whole is wonderful so I think the highs fit right in- it was just a side note I found.

 

Edit: Oh yeah, the presentation of the cymbals isn't bad just different than I'm used to (almost a tad splashy to me, but everyone hears differently). But it could be burn in and tips fitting differently, I'll continue to mess around with the eartips and see how they change as I use them more. 


Edited by Darknet - 10/28/13 at 9:37pm
post #15992 of 25523

The highs on the Gratitudes will even out a little bit over time.  My Yao Solars, which are essentially the same headphones, have about 200 more hours on them than my Gratitudes and sound a touch smoother.  Not night and day, you understand, but if you're sensitive to treble it's certainly important.

 

Also, the Yao Solars have a better cable, which I thought was weird that Monster didn't keep when re-branding the Gratitudes.

post #15993 of 25523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

You guys read about the Geek Pulse.? http://www.head-fi.org/t/687851/geek-pulse-geek-desktop-dac-amp-by-light-harmonics#post_9929611

Didn't you get the update email? They are giving backers for the Geek Out a huge discount on those. Wondering if I should get myself one for my full-sized cans.
post #15994 of 25523
Wanted to sign for it, can't find where you pledge

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
post #15995 of 25523
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Wanted to sign for it, can't find where you pledge

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Try this: http://bit.ly/1gWVMnC
post #15996 of 25523

For you MA750i owners, I've found another good tip to make this wonderful earphone shine even more. The grey Phonak tips really tighten the bass, pushes out the vocal, allow you to hear more highs, and all without obscuring the mids. You get the sub-bass, but it's toned down a bit. Give it a try if you have them. I'm the road with the MA750 today.

post #15997 of 25523
As for the Gratitudes, I'm not the only one who heard some tizziness in the highs. I'm not sensitive to this, but on direct comparison I hear it. (like they used to say on Dragnet, "just the facts, mam"). Hey, no gear is perfect... To some extent this has to do with meeting a certain price point, but even cost no object gear will have different sound signatures (I haven't auditioned $1000+ headphones, but I read that people have preferences. If they reached perfection, they should all sound the same). I prefer the presentation of the Gratitudes, but do find the S2 a kick to listen to as well... They are impressive, more to admire than to love (IMO, of course)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
post #15998 of 25523
Have the Phonak iems, Eric, try them at home, thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
post #15999 of 25523

Well, the JVC S660's are packed up ready to go back. That was a waste of time and money (for return shipping). Anyone else get theirs and feel differently?

post #16000 of 25523
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

As for the Gratitudes, I'm not the only one who heard some tizziness in the highs. I'm not sensitive to this, but on direct comparison I hear it. (like they used to say on Dragnet, "just the facts, mam"). Hey, no gear is perfect... To some extent this has to do with meeting a certain price point, but even cost no object gear will have different sound signatures (I haven't auditioned $1000+ headphones, but I read that people have preferences. If they reached perfection, they should all sound the same). I prefer the presentation of the Gratitudes, but do find the S2 a kick to listen to as well... They are impressive, more to admire than to love (IMO, of course)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

well put,, doctorjazz, i like how you worded that" more to admire than to love"  my impression also!

which earphones do you LOVE?  Good topic.......i love the 1Ks....and the xba-3s....i admire

the 7550s and the S2....gratitudes i don't know yet...still burning...

post #16001 of 25523

New Arrival (the headphones, that is...)

 

(lookin' for a new love...:wink_face:)


Edited by doctorjazz - 10/29/13 at 5:08pm
post #16002 of 25523
I think I'm in love again...such a floozy smily_headphones1.gif

Time for break in.
post #16003 of 25523
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I think I'm in love again...such a floozy smily_headphones1.gif

Time for break in.

 

Fine. Rub it in! ;)

post #16004 of 25523
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post
 

Well, the JVC S660's are packed up ready to go back. That was a waste of time and money (for return shipping). Anyone else get theirs and feel differently?

 

This is how carbon drivers sound like..Dark vs Bright for the nanotube variety. I also know JVC does not burn in anything they sell so these drivers are about as raw as it gets. So I did get my pair and they look nice, feel nice, are a touch smaller than the HA-S600. As they are mostly on ears for me. The sound is dark, dank n warm. Not open at all. has a veil over the mids. Has some big bass and loose to boot,  much like the HA-S600. Overall a dark sound and sloppy big bass with not much to like in the sound.

 

This being said, as crazy as this sounds. I do hear some potential. My HA-M750 sounded very similar to these on open box as well and those turned out for the much better with a long burn in..As they are on open box I can't recommend these to your worst nephews. However. I think I am going to keep mines and blast them carbon drivers until the veil is gone and may try some modding.

 

The bass is strong with this one Luke! So far they sound like cheapo $30 cans. If at that. Lol.. The only positive in the sound. For a closed smallish on ears the stage is not bad..Needs a lot of work however..I got it on the burn in. Will report back with any changes and I do expect this sound to open up. We will see.

 

If the mids clean up and bass tightens the treble has a thicker rich tonality to it which I kinda like. These could sound pretty good.. Is what I am projecting with burn in. I hope.


Edited by Dsnuts - 10/29/13 at 7:29pm
post #16005 of 25523
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Didn't you get the update email? They are giving backers for the Geek Out a huge discount on those. Wondering if I should get myself one for my full-sized cans.


I had to get one..It is too good of a deal for backers. Can't wait to get my Geeks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! pg1197