Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 518

post #7756 of 23920

I am burning in my CKN70s while continuing to use my XBA-30s. Holy crap. I am so happy and lucky to have these two in my collection. The difference between these two is something epic. Like two Renaissance artists painting the same scene.

post #7757 of 23920
Thread Starter 

Yup those are the exact tips I am using. The Auveio tips I tried out and sound just as good but to my ears those Sennheiser double flange tips has a slight edge. I will do some more tip experimentation once I feel the CKN70 has gotten a good amount of burn in.. I will try out Sony hybrids and the monster gel tips see what those do for the sound. Will report back once i give them a go.

post #7758 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen3 View Post

I am burning in my CKN70s while continuing to use my XBA-30s. Holy crap. I am so happy and lucky to have these two in my collection. The difference between these two is something epic. Like two Renaissance artists painting the same scene.

 

Lucky punk! wink.gif

post #7759 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Yup those are the exact tips I am using. The Auveio tips I tried out and sound just as good but to my ears those Sennheiser double flange tips has a slight edge. I will do some more tip experimentation once I feel the CKN70 has gotten a good amount of burn in.. I will try out Sony hybrids and the monster gel tips see what those do for the sound. Will report back once i give them a go.


Thanks a lot. I guess I'll have to wait on the medium size to come back in stock.

post #7760 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen3 View Post

I am burning in my CKN70s while continuing to use my XBA-30s. Holy crap. I am so happy and lucky to have these two in my collection. The difference between these two is something epic. Like two Renaissance artists painting the same scene.

 

Do have a preference of one over the other?  Would love to hear a more in depth evaluation between the XBA30 and the CKN70.  Thanks.

post #7761 of 23920
Thread Starter 

Well ain't this a surprise. My theory about the Sony hybrids was correct.. Guys with the CKN70s.. Throw on your Sony hybrids and give them a go..Surprised..Lol. This has even a better sound than the Double flange tips I was using.

 

I don't like JVC tips. Not good synergy. I thought these might sound similar to the Sennheiser double flange tips but the synergy is not there. 

 

Tried Meelec double flange tips. Also sounds nice.. UE tips sound good but surprise surprise. Good old Sony Hybrids sounds fantastic on these earphones. Give them a try..

 

Lessens the highs just a touch increases mid range presence a hair and adds a more fuller bottom end. A more musical flavor but I likes!

 

Tried complys. Lets too much sound out. Don't like how this sounds.

 

So far I would say..

 

Sony Hybrid w foams (more isolation) = Sony Hybrids (more comfy) > Sennheiser Double flange tips> Meelec Double flange tips( Most stage)> Auveio tips> UE tips> Stock > JVC > Comply

 

Oh damn. These hybrids just threw this sound into overdrive..So I was mistaken. Somehow even though the sound bore of the hybrids are smaller than stock nozzle opening.. It just works. Kinda like how the MH1C tips sounds the best on the MH1C. Give them a go guys. It will surprise you. The sound has even better focus and texture. And yes with even more bass.


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/2/13 at 8:39pm
post #7762 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Well ain't this a surprise. My theory about the Sony hybrids was correct.. Guys with the CKN70s.. Throw on your Sony hybrids and give them a go..Surprised..Lol. This has even a better sound than the Double flange tips I was using.

 

I don't like JVC tips. Not good synergy. I thought these might sound similar to the Sennheiser double flange tips but the synergy is not there. 

 

Tried Meelec double flange tips. Also sounds nice.. UE tips sound good but surprise surprise. Good old Sony Hybrids sounds fantastic on these earphones. Give them a try..

 

Lessens the highs just a touch increases mid range presence a hair and adds a more fuller bottom end. A more musical flavor but I likes!

 

Tried complys. Lets too much sound out. Don't like how this sounds.

 

So far I would say..

 

Sony Hybrid w foams (more isolation) = Sony Hybrids (more comfy) > Sennheiser Double flange tips> Meelec Double flange tips( Most stage)> Auveio tips> UE tips> Stock > JVC > Comply

 

Oh damn. These hybrids just threw this sound into overdrive..So ya I was mistaken. Somehow even though the sound bore of the hybrids are smaller than stock.. It just works. Kinda like how the MH1C tips sounds the best on the MH1C. Give them a go guys. It will surprise you. The sound has even better focus and texture. And yes with even more bass.


Cool. Do you have a link for these?


Edited by Gee Simpson - 3/2/13 at 8:43pm
post #7763 of 23920
Thread Starter 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EPEX10A-BLACK-Hybrid-Replacement-Earbud-Cusions-/360567742726?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item53f3832106

 

Mugen3, Carlsan.. You guys should own some hybrids give them a try.

 

So it is the hybrids that actually has the same effect on the CKN70s as the MH1C tips does for the MH1C..


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/2/13 at 8:54pm
post #7764 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EPEX10A-BLACK-Hybrid-Replacement-Earbud-Cusions-/360567742726?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item53f3832106

Mugen3, Carlsan.. You guys should own some hybrids give them a try.

So it is the hybrids that actually has the same effect on the CKN70s as the MH1C tips does for the MH1C..

What difference do you find between the Sony hybrids vs Auveo that makes them superior? I'll probably grab both but curious. Specifically between these two cause I'm not a huge fan of flanged tips.
post #7765 of 23920
Thread Starter 

Well for the most part as of late I have found that wider bore tips usually helps when throwing out the sound from most earphones. So I immediately threw on the much wider bore Sennheiser double flange tips as I have those on the CKN50s as well. Liked the sound so I thought a wider bore was best..

 

I just threw on the Auvio tips to compare. It sounds good enough but now I understand what the Hybrids do.. It actually focuses the dynamics of the sounds together much better than wider bore tips. Auvio tips sound great but the highs seem to be a bit separated from the rest of the sound. JVC tips even more so. I suppose the Sennheiser double flange tips was doing this to a certain extent as well.  The Sony Hybrids seem like they were made for these earphones.

 

The transition from highs to mids and fuller low end again more focused. I like what it is doing with the mid range to. Hybrids push the mid a bit more forward. (Sony sound). It works extremely well for these CKN70s.. I tried just about all the tips I had in my spare tip box and it was the hybrids that had the best sound. Even more than the Sennheiser double flange tips...Hybrids it is.. Which to the rest of you guys is good news. I don't know a country on this planet that don't have access to Sony Hybrids. Strongly recommended. If you guys plan on getting the CKN70s.


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/2/13 at 9:14pm
post #7766 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EPEX10A-BLACK-Hybrid-Replacement-Earbud-Cusions-/360567742726?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item53f3832106

 

Mugen3, Carlsan.. You guys should own some hybrids give them a try.

 

So it is the hybrids that actually has the same effect on the CKN70s as the MH1C tips does for the MH1C..


Ordered smile.gif I have to wait until Tuesday to place my order for the CKN70's though. Funnily enough, it is hard to find the Sony Hybrids in the UK (in Scotland anyway).

post #7767 of 23920
Thread Starter 

Well if you have access to ebay you will certainly have access to hybrids. I figure most guys have at least one pair of Sony earphones. Those all come with the same hybrids I am using now so probably easier than you think. Worst case scenario you can just buy some cheapo sony earphones that have hybrid tips in there. Use them for the gym and the CKN70 for your serious listening.

post #7768 of 23920

Amazon has the sony tips as well for 7$. If you have prime, its a no brainer. I'll compare them when my ckn-70s arrive.

post #7769 of 23920

The sony hybrids really work well with the 70's. I find the hybrids to work really well with the 50's too.

post #7770 of 23920

Ds, I'm already on it. Been using the Sony Hybrids with my CKN70s and the sound is definitely better. Now, get ready for a long post guys. It's time to compare the CKN70s with my Sony XBA-30s.

 

Now I know why I thought the CKN70s could be my new favorite IEMs. They sound a lot like my current fave XBA-30s. Both have a similar balanced presentation and complement each other well. The Sonys show their armature side and sound like a relaxed, cleaner, and smoother version of the ATs.

 

The bass on the XBA-30s is flawless. It is as complete a bass I could ever ask for. Body, texture, impact, fullness, they have it all and excel at every aspect of bass. However, the CKN70s have managed to blow my mind with the same level of bass quality. The CKN70s are dynamics with armature-like speed and control to the bass. The XBA-30s are armatures with dynamic-like fullness and decay. Both have bass that reminds me of moving armatures like the e-Q5, which combines the best qualities of dynamics and BA in its tech and sounds effortless. Ultimately though, neither one strays too far from its tech roots, and they edge each other out in the areas they should. The bass on the ATs has slightly bigger punch and decay, while the Sonys bass is more surgically precise and defined.

 

The mids on the XBA-30s are sweet and full like the CKN70s with a touch more clarity and liquid smoothness. Vocals are isolated nice and clear and sound sublime. I feel like I'm in the same room with the singer, it is that clear. The Sonys are absolutely perfect with music that focuses on the mids. Strings sound amazing on both. The CKN70s are slightly drier and more upfront. I do enjoy rock with the AT's a little more. Their extra punch and decay beefs up the drums, and guitars have more presence on the stage, with bigger crunch and stronger distortion.

 

The biggest difference between the two is in the highs. The XBA-30s have a lighter note and are more delicate sounding. Their highs will never steal your focus from the mids or bass, and just perfectly complements them in the music. Sibilance and fatigue is nonexistent. Don't think for a second that the Sonys are recessed or laid back, though. The highs are in line with the rest of the music, they just exhibit incredible control and smoothness. The extension and detail is all there and can be easily found, if you bother looking. On the other hand, the highs on the CKN70s are forward with great energy and crispness. Notes have an effortless snap to them, and cymbals sound fantastic, airy and shimmering. The ATs are in your face and exciting, a nice change to the Sonys.

 

The stage on the XBA-30s is wide and spacious, with great height and depth. However, the CKN70s sound even larger. I think AT added a new air chamber at the back of the aluminum body. These have a sound that is even wider and deeper than my Sonys. The ATs have this amazingly real airy outdoor sound with live music. Both have pinpoint imaging that gives a holographic feel to the sound. The background is darker on my XBA-30s, making things a bit clearer and more precise.

 

Both of these IEMs are incredible and it's hard for me to say which one is better. My general preferences are more in line with the Sonys, but the ATs sound impeccable and I prefer them for some genres and live music. I'm just lucky and glad to make both these my final IEMs.


Edited by mugen3 - 3/3/13 at 12:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!