- 71 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on Today at 1:42 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 388post #5806 of 229841/6/13 at 10:52amFor me bass on es800m doesnt overpower anything- they sound like 8320 only with added bass. And doesnt lack anything.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5807 of 229841/6/13 at 10:57amThread StarterQuote:
You should write up a thread based on them I am sure guys will be interested. Throw some pics and write a nice review and I am sure other bass fans will snap em up.post #5808 of 229841/6/13 at 12:30pmThread Starter
So while I am watching the Colts vs Ravens I thought I would share a bit on the new microHD driver ATH-CKN50. I know a few of you guys have been waiting for an impression from me on these so here it is.
These are ATs answer to the FXD earphones from JVC. They use a very similar tech in MicroHDs and we all know both houses are going to use their know how in tuning these earphones..
Firstly I would like to say guys that recently purchased the MH1Cs know how they sound. A very nice sound indeed and those also use micro HD drivers in them as well but one of the main complaints was the bass end is boosted for a more consumer friendly sound. This may be true but the strong suit for them is their nice detail. These are no exception. If I was to pick a sound characteristic that fits these CKN50s it would be body. What I mean by this. For being small single drivers these have a full bodied sound to them that is also on the MH1C but here is where the comparisons end and the differences begin.
These CKN50s are an upgrade to the MH1C in what they do and also a step up from previous mid range earphones AT has done such as the CKM500..What I heard on first listen and what I am hearing now is a fantastic sound. These earphones has many of the same qualities the FXD earphones have but somehow the body of music is bit fuller, a bit richer, with even better instrument separation than the FXD70. Using Danny's Leckerton dac/amp I am comparing these with the their direct competitor the FXD70 and stage is a bit wider and sound is deeper as well.
These share a very similar sound to the FXD70 and a bit of the FXD80 thrown in there but somehow AT managed to make it their own. Guys that are fans of the AT sound should without a doubt grab one of these for their collections..Doing a direct A/B against the FXD80. Mids are more foward in the mix and more intimate and has more body to the sound..Mids are deeper and fuller on the CKN50s and share an identical amount of detail in the sound. Somehow these CKN50s are showing me improvements to the FXD earphone sound.
Vs the CKM500. I remember guys was complaining on the CKM500 thread about the lack of lower mids on the sound to give better body to male vocals. Well this problem is completely solved on the CKN50.. The mids on the CKN50 is not only more complete but they also have more texture and body..I am gonna say it here. These CKN50 is an upgrade to the CKM500. Sub bass extension is very high quality on these and has about the same amount of sub bass in comparison the CKM500. More than the FXD70 similar to the FXD80..I keep on switching from one earphone to another and I noticed the scope of the sound is greater on the CKN50 over the FXDs.
The highs are a bit forward in the sound as are all AT headphones and because of the detailed nature of the sound your sibilant tracks will be sibilant. So the sound is very revealing of source..Much like the other micro HD earphones. I do recommend a solid burn in for these to shine.. I found out from Danny these have practically no burn in time so I am burning them in for him here and listening to them as they are getting the Drum n Bass pounding they deserve.
These are a nice forward progression for AT and it took competition for them to try out a microHD driver..I don't know if these are absolute must haves if you own any of the FXDs. But they do show progression in the MicroHD tech and isn't that what competition is all about.
Edited by Dsnuts - 1/6/13 at 12:39pmpost #5809 of 229841/6/13 at 12:47pmNice review! Both ckm500 and mh1c is one of my all time favourite iem.
So i think i need at some time get them. What about treble? Like ckm500/cks700 or mh1c? Is it bit harsh? Ooohh, i just read your post again- like any AT iem. So it is acceptable unlike any jvc iem, where it hurts.I also have fxd80 but they are simply horrible. Both sq and ergonomic wise.
Edited by tomasskalnin - 1/6/13 at 12:49pmpost #5810 of 229841/6/13 at 12:50pmpost #5811 of 229841/6/13 at 12:51pmThread Starter
Similar to the CKM500. So out of box they can show some sibilance on some tracks but after a good overnight burn in the highs are starting to straighten up. I like em a lot actually. I plan on getting me a pair as these are on loan. Female vocals and male vocals just sound heavenly on these..Excellent first foray into micro hd tech by AT imo. And definitely worthy of your collections.
Oh yea one thing I forgot to add. Music imagery on these earphones are spectacular.
Edited by Dsnuts - 1/6/13 at 1:06pmpost #5812 of 229841/6/13 at 3:47pm
Guess those ATH space station iems are the real deal, but their style is not my cup of tea. I like the bolt looks of JVC much better. haha
Thanks Ds for that detailed review/ impression. Keep up the great work!
Oh forgot to say thanks to Danny for lending those out, when will it be my turn???
Edited by sfwalcer - 1/6/13 at 3:48pmpost #5813 of 229841/6/13 at 4:02pmpost #5814 of 229841/6/13 at 4:06pm
But... But.... I was just joking. ha Not sure if i can do what super Ds did just there, too much pressure. LoL Thanks Danny you are truly a great dood. Don't take what i say too seriously, i am serious.post #5815 of 229841/6/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
Sure you can! Just go on, or was it off, your meds and you'll be whipping up another great set of impressions!Quote:Thanks Danny you are truly a great dood. Don't take what i say too seriously, i am serious.
Now that I will agree with - Dan is the real deal.
Edited by waynes world - 1/6/13 at 4:26pmpost #5816 of 229841/6/13 at 4:30pm
My ele dac is lost in space. Ordered Nov29 and no sign of it . The seller is gonna send me another one. So sad! At least I got the E11 recently which is providing me some SQ enhancement for both my S500's and Uptowns, so that will have to keep me going.post #5817 of 229841/6/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
You might get them...................................... eventually. LoL you know what is strange, the ele dac chinese sellers don't give you a track # unless you pay for one. But i got a cheapo phone case that cost $3 and i got free tracking??? Pretty unwise/ not smart of them really to just send it out like that naked into the wild. It probably cost them like a couple of dollar for the dac but still..........post #5818 of 229841/6/13 at 4:56pmThread StarterQuote:
You get your MP8320 yet?post #5819 of 229841/6/13 at 4:59pmBoth you dudes (sf, Wayne) are in Canada, correct?
Pm me if you guys seriously want to audition stuff. I haven't had any mishaps with Canada post yet except for its slowness.post #5820 of 229841/6/13 at 5:05pmQuote:
San Francisco, hence sf. I wish I can join WAYNE in the land of maple leaves. :( I'll give you one if I am really interested in something. Most likely those FXZs. hoho Where you stay at Danny, cuz I don't think you live in the States right? Maybe you do. Thanks again Danny for the offer, truly a classy dood.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 38 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 50 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › UE6000 - Excellent condition (Willing to trade for ATH-M50) 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude