- 564 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: In the tropics, in the countryside
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 383post #5731 of 2400712/26/12 at 1:34pmTreble spikes between 3 and 5 kHz make the treble harsh/piercing and cheap sounding. Spikes above 9 kHz do not hurt the treble quality nearly as much (if they do), because that is where the sweet treble is. How are the FXZ100 and FXZ200 on that matter?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5732 of 2400712/26/12 at 1:49pm
Finally got my ELEs. Nice sound. Good sound stage. A little less bass than my stock dac on the this HP. That's a little disappointing. Oh well. Really good sound and at least I don't have to hear the clicking and buzzing in the background of onboard electronics.post #5733 of 2400712/26/12 at 2:13pmThread StarterQuote:
No treble spikes in that region that I can hear. This was happening on the FX101 and the FX3X. The FXZs however is a very nice refined sound. No harshness spiky stuff at all.post #5734 of 2400712/26/12 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by DsnutsQuote:
No treble spikes in that region that I can hear. This was happening on the FX101 and the FX3X. The FXZs however is a very nice refined sound. No harshness spiky stuff at all.
The ATH-CKS77 have treble spike(s) in that frequency range. If those JVCs don't have any, then the treble should be a lot smoother (no harshness) on them as compared to the CKS77's treble. Is it smoother?post #5735 of 2400712/26/12 at 4:01pmpost #5736 of 2400712/26/12 at 4:12pmQuote:
I asked a good general interest question about those JVCs in the wrong thread (here) by accident. I meant to ask it again today on the right thread. I had already asked the question a few days ago (page 60), but no one answered it.post #5737 of 2400712/26/12 at 4:17pmQuote:
I would have answered it but must have missed it.post #5738 of 2400712/26/12 at 4:32pm
Just received these today. The new micro-driver AT CKN50's. I've only let them burn for the last 5 hours so these are quick initial impressions.
Bass: Tight and controlled and reaches down to sub-bass levels. I'd say somewhere between the JVC FXD70 and 80.
Treble: Has the AT house treble but I only hear sibilance on a rare occasion. Certain other AT's, after burn-in, I still couldn't stand the harsh treble. We'll see what happens after burn.
Midrange: Slightly recessed, still gives decent vocal presence but I actually would prefer more.
The earphones fit nicely, not sure what the rubber hooks do but the housing is small and insertion can go deep. It has a J-cord design. Will throw up more impressions after a few days of burn.post #5739 of 2400712/26/12 at 6:22pm
A noobie question about using the ELE DAC without an amp, and controlling the volume on the PC:
Is it better to control the volume in the music player and keep the system master volume at max? Or control the volume using the system master and keep the music player volume at max? Or maybe it makes no difference??post #5740 of 2400712/26/12 at 10:11pmQuote:
That's good to know. I'll be using my S3 as my office rig. Our IT had all the PC's locked and wont accept my ELE when I plug it in.
post #5741 of 2400712/26/12 at 10:38pmQuote:Quote:
Hahahaha! I will take a look. I'm actually looking to get DT880's (250 or 600 Ohm) later. So my choice of amp will depend on that too.post #5742 of 2400712/26/12 at 11:03pmpost #5743 of 2400712/27/12 at 7:47amQuote:
So can the she3580 :ppost #5744 of 2400712/27/12 at 9:57ampost #5745 of 2400712/27/12 at 10:38amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Yulong D200 32bit 384KHz DSD DAC 42 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Flac Files Playing as MP3 on FIIO X3 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 9 minutes ago
- › What wire, is needed for headphone and iem cable rewire? 13 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 15 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob