- 538 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: In the tropics, in the countryside
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on Today at 8:43 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 383post #5731 of 2295912/26/12 at 1:34pmTreble spikes between 3 and 5 kHz make the treble harsh/piercing and cheap sounding. Spikes above 9 kHz do not hurt the treble quality nearly as much (if they do), because that is where the sweet treble is. How are the FXZ100 and FXZ200 on that matter?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5732 of 2295912/26/12 at 1:49pm
Finally got my ELEs. Nice sound. Good sound stage. A little less bass than my stock dac on the this HP. That's a little disappointing. Oh well. Really good sound and at least I don't have to hear the clicking and buzzing in the background of onboard electronics.post #5733 of 2295912/26/12 at 2:13pmThread StarterQuote:
No treble spikes in that region that I can hear. This was happening on the FX101 and the FX3X. The FXZs however is a very nice refined sound. No harshness spiky stuff at all.post #5734 of 2295912/26/12 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by DsnutsQuote:
No treble spikes in that region that I can hear. This was happening on the FX101 and the FX3X. The FXZs however is a very nice refined sound. No harshness spiky stuff at all.
The ATH-CKS77 have treble spike(s) in that frequency range. If those JVCs don't have any, then the treble should be a lot smoother (no harshness) on them as compared to the CKS77's treble. Is it smoother?post #5735 of 2295912/26/12 at 4:01pmpost #5736 of 2295912/26/12 at 4:12pmQuote:
I asked a good general interest question about those JVCs in the wrong thread (here) by accident. I meant to ask it again today on the right thread. I had already asked the question a few days ago (page 60), but no one answered it.post #5737 of 2295912/26/12 at 4:17pmQuote:
I would have answered it but must have missed it.post #5738 of 2295912/26/12 at 4:32pm
Just received these today. The new micro-driver AT CKN50's. I've only let them burn for the last 5 hours so these are quick initial impressions.
Bass: Tight and controlled and reaches down to sub-bass levels. I'd say somewhere between the JVC FXD70 and 80.
Treble: Has the AT house treble but I only hear sibilance on a rare occasion. Certain other AT's, after burn-in, I still couldn't stand the harsh treble. We'll see what happens after burn.
Midrange: Slightly recessed, still gives decent vocal presence but I actually would prefer more.
The earphones fit nicely, not sure what the rubber hooks do but the housing is small and insertion can go deep. It has a J-cord design. Will throw up more impressions after a few days of burn.post #5739 of 2295912/26/12 at 6:22pm
A noobie question about using the ELE DAC without an amp, and controlling the volume on the PC:
Is it better to control the volume in the music player and keep the system master volume at max? Or control the volume using the system master and keep the music player volume at max? Or maybe it makes no difference??post #5740 of 2295912/26/12 at 10:11pmQuote:
That's good to know. I'll be using my S3 as my office rig. Our IT had all the PC's locked and wont accept my ELE when I plug it in.
post #5741 of 2295912/26/12 at 10:38pmQuote:Quote:
Hahahaha! I will take a look. I'm actually looking to get DT880's (250 or 600 Ohm) later. So my choice of amp will depend on that too.post #5742 of 2295912/26/12 at 11:03pmpost #5743 of 2295912/27/12 at 7:47amQuote:
So can the she3580 :ppost #5744 of 2295912/27/12 at 9:57ampost #5745 of 2295912/27/12 at 10:38amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 10 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 11 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude