Just received my Ele that I ordered on 12/07 from elefmtransmitter_aimee off ebay.. Not bad considering others have been waiting almost a month now.. Impressions are it's brighter than I was expecting.. Or they just don't mix well with the fx40/fx101.. I have a pair of Heaven IV coming in at the end of the week so hopefully higher end IEM = higher end sounding dac =).. I'll have to get a pair of mh1c to try with them too
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 3/12/14 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 377
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5642 of 2318712/19/12 at 4:26pmThread Starterpost #5643 of 2318712/19/12 at 5:02pm
I have the HA-S400 in hand after reading so much about them and they blow me away out of the box! Great find and reading the FZX100/200 thread i think ill own a pair of the 200s soon but on to dynomat/recable/hm5 pads for the S400 daft punk has a whole life with these!post #5644 of 2318712/19/12 at 7:02pm
I just dont think the ele is for me.. I greatly prefer the sound of the xonar dg =\.. My ears just don't seem to be accepting it.. So if anyone wants one before christmas that hasn't ordered yet I'm selling it for what I bought it for (19) just pm me =).. On another note I had forgotten how amazing the fx40/fx101 were before I purchased them again recently.. The 40 in particular are fantastic and helps curb my need to repurchase the fxd80s and the 101s help me not repurchase the cks77s.. The cheaper alternatives are very nicepost #5645 of 2318712/19/12 at 8:02pmpost #5646 of 2318712/19/12 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by oneoseven
I just dont think the ele is for me.. I greatly prefer the sound of the xonar dg =\.. My ears just don't seem to be accepting it.. So if anyone wants one before christmas that hasn't ordered yet I'm selling it for what I bought it for (19) just pm me =).. On another note I had forgotten how amazing the fx40/fx101 were before I purchased them again recently.. The 40 in particular are fantastic and helps curb my need to repurchase the fxd80s and the 101s help me not repurchase the cks77s.. The cheaper alternatives are very nice
That will work ! ....as long as you don't go listen to a FXD80 or CKS77 !
....I know because I took a sneak listen to a FXZ100 ....now nothing else will do !post #5647 of 2318712/19/12 at 8:09pm
Lol that's very true.. I just traded away my XBA-3 too so hopefully what I'm getting in return will keep me away from other IEMs for a while.. Would be nice to not be on the look out for something new all the time =)post #5648 of 2318712/20/12 at 10:58amQuote:
I also ordered an ELE DAC from kyuaya520. It was shipped on November 27 and arrived today, December 20, Hong Kong to Ohio, USA. Not exactly fast, but less than a month. I don't know where you are, but this might help you estimate when yours will arrive. :)post #5649 of 2318712/20/12 at 11:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Ghostfit
That knob alone is well worth the extra $ over the ELE DAC ! ...If you ever had to rip your iems out of your ears because you were caught out by the sudden volume increase of the ELE.
SQ to my ears is also much better over the ELE, everything is much more smoother and fuller.
If not for these SMSL Fort, I would not have discovered that the ELE DAC's got the left/right channels mixed up when I was A/Bing the two DACs.
These SMSL Fort also uses the much easier to handle micro USB connectors instead of the bulkier USB-B (Printer) type cables.
I'm really impressed with the size and quality of this thing, it has a nice solid build and that knob is silky smooth like what one would expect from a high end audiphile deck.
I received an ELE DAC today and realize that I need more volume. And so I am wondering... Should I order one of these SMSL Forts? Or should I just get myself an amp like the Fiio E11? The price is almost the same, but perhaps the E11 paired with the ELE DAC might sound a bit better?post #5650 of 2318712/20/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #5651 of 2318712/20/12 at 11:30amQuote:
Holy crap, i ordered from the same seller on the 21st and have not gotten it yet. It better come today or else.
It's gonna be the end of the world tomorrow and i can't even enjoy my cheapo ele dac.post #5652 of 2318712/20/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Now if that isn't a parched throat, I don't know what is lol!post #5653 of 2318712/20/12 at 11:44am
WAYNE if you get your ele dac sooner than me,..................i don't even!!! This seller sucks hahapost #5654 of 2318712/20/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
I am in Greece so I don't really know when to expect that. I ordered roughly one week after you so probably next week I will be lucky!post #5655 of 2318712/20/12 at 6:21pm
I just want to confirm that I ordered my ELE from Lu_cytime208 on ebay on the 4th of December and they arrived as scheduled (which was today). So far it's nice, though I feel the amp on it is a little too much, as others have stated I have it on 6 % of laptop speaker volume utilizing Wasapi through winamp. Anymore juice and Im sure I would be doing damage to my drums, in fact 6% seems to be just on the verge on just being acceptable. I'll let these settle in with various music and get back with more impressions. Anyone happen to know if they're is a way to scale back that amp at all?
*edit (btw I'm over in the Dalles, Oregon) in case people were curious as to how many days to relative location, blah blah blah....
**double edit, as for the seller I feel very confident having gone through her as it was the color I ordered and I didn't have any problems with L,R being switched up as others had said
Edited by ExpiredLabel - 12/20/12 at 6:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Woo Audio 2 2 seconds ago
- › How u burn in your PSB M4U 2? 26 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › Just checking -- is it widely accepted that a $1,000 speaker system... 2 minutes ago
- › Earphone heating when using with a USB sound card 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-15) 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony XBA H3 - Mint - #Feb 2014 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude