Just received my Ele that I ordered on 12/07 from elefmtransmitter_aimee off ebay.. Not bad considering others have been waiting almost a month now.. Impressions are it's brighter than I was expecting.. Or they just don't mix well with the fx40/fx101.. I have a pair of Heaven IV coming in at the end of the week so hopefully higher end IEM = higher end sounding dac =).. I'll have to get a pair of mh1c to try with them too
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 377
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5642 of 2390412/19/12 at 4:26pmThread Starterpost #5643 of 2390412/19/12 at 5:02pm
I have the HA-S400 in hand after reading so much about them and they blow me away out of the box! Great find and reading the FZX100/200 thread i think ill own a pair of the 200s soon but on to dynomat/recable/hm5 pads for the S400 daft punk has a whole life with these!post #5644 of 2390412/19/12 at 7:02pm
I just dont think the ele is for me.. I greatly prefer the sound of the xonar dg =\.. My ears just don't seem to be accepting it.. So if anyone wants one before christmas that hasn't ordered yet I'm selling it for what I bought it for (19) just pm me =).. On another note I had forgotten how amazing the fx40/fx101 were before I purchased them again recently.. The 40 in particular are fantastic and helps curb my need to repurchase the fxd80s and the 101s help me not repurchase the cks77s.. The cheaper alternatives are very nicepost #5645 of 2390412/19/12 at 8:02pmpost #5646 of 2390412/19/12 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by oneoseven
I just dont think the ele is for me.. I greatly prefer the sound of the xonar dg =\.. My ears just don't seem to be accepting it.. So if anyone wants one before christmas that hasn't ordered yet I'm selling it for what I bought it for (19) just pm me =).. On another note I had forgotten how amazing the fx40/fx101 were before I purchased them again recently.. The 40 in particular are fantastic and helps curb my need to repurchase the fxd80s and the 101s help me not repurchase the cks77s.. The cheaper alternatives are very nice
That will work ! ....as long as you don't go listen to a FXD80 or CKS77 !
....I know because I took a sneak listen to a FXZ100 ....now nothing else will do !post #5647 of 2390412/19/12 at 8:09pm
Lol that's very true.. I just traded away my XBA-3 too so hopefully what I'm getting in return will keep me away from other IEMs for a while.. Would be nice to not be on the look out for something new all the time =)post #5648 of 2390412/20/12 at 10:58amQuote:
I also ordered an ELE DAC from kyuaya520. It was shipped on November 27 and arrived today, December 20, Hong Kong to Ohio, USA. Not exactly fast, but less than a month. I don't know where you are, but this might help you estimate when yours will arrive. :)post #5649 of 2390412/20/12 at 11:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Ghostfit
That knob alone is well worth the extra $ over the ELE DAC ! ...If you ever had to rip your iems out of your ears because you were caught out by the sudden volume increase of the ELE.
SQ to my ears is also much better over the ELE, everything is much more smoother and fuller.
If not for these SMSL Fort, I would not have discovered that the ELE DAC's got the left/right channels mixed up when I was A/Bing the two DACs.
These SMSL Fort also uses the much easier to handle micro USB connectors instead of the bulkier USB-B (Printer) type cables.
I'm really impressed with the size and quality of this thing, it has a nice solid build and that knob is silky smooth like what one would expect from a high end audiphile deck.
I received an ELE DAC today and realize that I need more volume. And so I am wondering... Should I order one of these SMSL Forts? Or should I just get myself an amp like the Fiio E11? The price is almost the same, but perhaps the E11 paired with the ELE DAC might sound a bit better?post #5650 of 2390412/20/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #5651 of 2390412/20/12 at 11:30amQuote:
Holy crap, i ordered from the same seller on the 21st and have not gotten it yet. It better come today or else.
It's gonna be the end of the world tomorrow and i can't even enjoy my cheapo ele dac.post #5652 of 2390412/20/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Now if that isn't a parched throat, I don't know what is lol!post #5653 of 2390412/20/12 at 11:44am
WAYNE if you get your ele dac sooner than me,..................i don't even!!! This seller sucks hahapost #5654 of 2390412/20/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
I am in Greece so I don't really know when to expect that. I ordered roughly one week after you so probably next week I will be lucky!post #5655 of 2390412/20/12 at 6:21pm
I just want to confirm that I ordered my ELE from Lu_cytime208 on ebay on the 4th of December and they arrived as scheduled (which was today). So far it's nice, though I feel the amp on it is a little too much, as others have stated I have it on 6 % of laptop speaker volume utilizing Wasapi through winamp. Anymore juice and Im sure I would be doing damage to my drums, in fact 6% seems to be just on the verge on just being acceptable. I'll let these settle in with various music and get back with more impressions. Anyone happen to know if they're is a way to scale back that amp at all?
*edit (btw I'm over in the Dalles, Oregon) in case people were curious as to how many days to relative location, blah blah blah....
**double edit, as for the seller I feel very confident having gone through her as it was the color I ordered and I didn't have any problems with L,R being switched up as others had said
Edited by ExpiredLabel - 12/20/12 at 6:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW]: SoundMAGIC HP100 - The Natural All-Rounder Headphone 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--call for gift ideas for our awesome... 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio Carbo Tenore IEMs ZH-DX200 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob