- 2,381 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 252post #3766 of 2394210/14/12 at 7:40amXb90ex has the common neodynium driver...i bet they'll make a xb100ex very soon with bio-cellulose driver
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3767 of 2394210/14/12 at 7:59am
but maybe it's not that bad? we should at least ask the seller...Quote:
neodium is a magnet amd I think it is used in almost every dynamic driver iems. there's a high probability that it is just a regular not fancy plastic material used in others, but the size of the driver gave me hopes of it being closer to higher end ex600post #3768 of 2394210/14/12 at 9:07ampost #3769 of 2394210/14/12 at 9:25amQuote:
check this out:
scroll down and you'll see this pic:
so yeah, theyare supposed to have it. wonder why the seller can't provide itpost #3770 of 2394210/14/12 at 9:37ampost #3771 of 2394210/14/12 at 9:41amQuote:
you mean this? well I see the cable keeper there, but maybe I'm just imagining things :Dpost #3772 of 2394210/14/12 at 9:46ampost #3773 of 2394210/14/12 at 9:47amThread StarterQuote:
From memory the FXT90 has some lively extended highs with forward mids that some see as a bit aggressive so while guys that like a forward sound will keep them the guys that don't end up selling them. Very nice layering and staging on the FXT90 but where they don't touch the XB90. The XB90s are kings of sub bass. The FXT90 has a highs and mid tilt to the sound. Not a real bass type of earphone really. For the same amount of cash I would recommend a FXD70 or a FXD80.
The XB90EX is for BASS lovers.. These don't have the extended highs that are on the FXt90 a bit rolled off in the highs meaning it will be a much smoother listening experience over the FXt90..If you want to try out a FXt90 type sound but on the cheap try out a FX40. While the FXt90 is a technically higher end sound with wider and deeper stage. The FX40 has many of the traits and a similar sound to them for $21 or so.
The XB90EX is a different sound all together. These are for fans of full big sound with monsterous sub bass.Quote:Originally Posted by ch1nkster
Just got the XB90EX's today from Accessoryjack; shipping took about a week. So far WOW that sub-bass hits so hard without being boomy. The highs are a bit recessed at this point though. I'm gonna give them a good burn in.
What tips are XB90 owners using, stock, foamies, or other buds? I put my favorite Shure earbuds on them but they fall off easily. The stock buds are sufficient for now though.
Ya it is a shame that Sony didn't include proper tips for the XB90. Unfortunately Sony hybrids while all Sony earphones use them are not proper for these earphones. Wider bore tips are the way to go with these. Brings out the highs and mids much better the wider the better. And yes burn in is a must for these.
Edited by Dsnuts - 10/14/12 at 9:54ampost #3774 of 2394210/14/12 at 9:57amThread Starter
This deal for the black and red FX3X is a good deal. I bought my pair for this much and they certainly wasn't red n black. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-Victor-XTREME-XPLOSIVES-Earbud-stereo-headphone-HA-FX3X-R-/110964075333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d5f96b45 With shipping it will be $65. I bought my HA-S500 from these guys and this is sold out of Japan. Solid deal imo.
Edited by Dsnuts - 10/14/12 at 9:58ampost #3775 of 2394210/14/12 at 10:23ampost #3776 of 2394210/14/12 at 10:28amThread Starter
I think the mids are a bit smoother and tighter on the X3X over the CKS77. The mids are more forward sounding on the CKS77. The highs I would say is a wash. Both do a good job in the highs but aren't the best when it come to accuracy or transparency. Bass wise I would say the CKS77 has a bit more punch on the mid bass but the sub bass I will give the edge to the X3X. This is why I say both are comparable. But the X3X cost much less. Sound stage wise yes the CKS77 has a crazy amount of width and depth but the FX3X are not too far off.
I am looking forward to trying out the new CKS earphones that are coming out. Dual air chambers sound promising. I am guessing one for highs and mids and one for the bass end. . I have a good buddy of mine going to Japan toward the end of the year. Might have to have him do some searching for me.
Edited by Dsnuts - 10/14/12 at 10:35ampost #3777 of 2394210/14/12 at 12:22pmpost #3778 of 2394210/14/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Also, cheap under 20 so whe can all buy . Bring it!post #3779 of 2394210/14/12 at 1:16pmQuote:post #3780 of 2394210/14/12 at 5:11pm
OK, getting confused. Ordered the fx80, now reading about these various sony's and other JVC's. How do the fx3x compare to these others (fx 40 and 80), and the other phones mentioned. These Monoprice 8320, which are dirt cheap. mentioned in the last post, make life even crazier. Sure, they're cheap, definitely wouldn't break the bank to buy a few. On the other hand, time is tight, I already have quite a few iem's (and full size are catching up}, and it becomes impossible for a busy guy to even compare and get a sense of all the different 'phones. Any comparisons of all the above mentioned (and others=I've gone through much of this thread, but 252 pages would be tough to cover, and I wind up forgetting what is what anyway. For instance, I had previously read about the thremaltake phones in an earlier part of the thread, but all the others pushed them aside until I just went back to check earlier in the thread). Thanks for any insights/comparisons/recommendations (would the TT be worse/better/same as the over the ear JVC carbon nanutube phones? Are the TT's just a flavor of the month that has passed it's time?)
Gone on enough-thanks again, JackReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 12 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 4 minutes ago
- › Vancouver meet anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Appreciation Thread/ ZMF ZPEX V.2 REVIEW and TOUR!!! 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... 6 minutes ago
- › Sophia Princess 2a3 - Matched Pair (AUS) (Suit DNA Stratus) 6 minutes ago
- › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob