Good luck. And make sure you burn them in real good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 3/12/14 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 227post #3391 of 231649/21/12 at 12:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3392 of 231649/21/12 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by nihontoman
ordering sony xb90ex from ebay for 110$ with free shipping. it will be my most expensive iem, besides the dual driver able planet si500, that I got for 30 bucks but now cost anything between 60 to 130 $ on amazon :D
will be getting them in about three weeks, wish me luck :)
Good choice. Hope you like 'em.post #3393 of 231649/21/12 at 12:44pm
Great buy nihontoman. The XB90EX seem really interesting. I really liked the CKS77 but I wished the mids/highs were of top tier quality. The bass didn't really rattle my head that much either . I might just pull the trigger on these Sonys..post #3394 of 231649/21/12 at 2:41pm
Will do. I usually burn my iems with linear and logarithmic frequency swipes and combination of pink/white/brown noises on quite high loudness levels every night for about a week or two (I just listen to them during the day to know what has changed after every night). Will do the same with these :D
thanks. :) I will like them, I'm sure of it. I like "full" and rich sounding iems with goods clarity and detail and good sub-bass. I hate mid bass humps and the sonys seem to be exactly the type of sound I'm after :) that's why I went with these instead of Etymotic HF5 - I wasn't quite sure if I would like the kind of sound those put out and reviews tend to be all over the place, often controversial on the sound signature... ah well, will wait for black Friday deals to get those :DQuote:
thanks. they are indeed really interesting. wonder if they share the same driver that is on the ex1000 or the one from the ex600... mids and highs are as important for me as bass is (even more important sometimes) as I mostly listen to classical, jazz, opera, hip-hop and weird stuff like this by Susumu Hirasawa:
so yeah :D these will be my jack of all trade kind of iems, until I find some more money and courage to spend it on others...
Damn it, I think the curse of head-fi is on me and my wallet now :(post #3395 of 231649/21/12 at 2:41pm
But what about the CKS99 or the CKS1000? Those might be good :)
Above is the CKS1000LTD in the usual red trim combo. Info/specs is seemingly hidden atm.
Wow that looks damn big!!
CKS99 not so much. You may be able to walk through doorways without turning your head sideways with the CKS99
Edited by jant71 - 9/21/12 at 2:59pmpost #3396 of 231649/21/12 at 2:51pmThread Starter
Oh damn you just didn't show me that. A newer updated and higher end Solid bass. Looks like they are going for even a wider deeper sound.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/21/12 at 2:54pmpost #3397 of 231649/21/12 at 2:58pmQuote:
Oh look what you've gone and done! Made Dsnuts all excited!post #3398 of 231649/21/12 at 3:03pmpost #3399 of 231649/21/12 at 3:04pm
Well, the XB90EX was 45 pages ago. Time to re-stimulate the discovery thread!!!!
Uggh!! Mugen beat me in by a few ticks...
AT's Headphone Navi box/window on the right side has them listed but they don't seem to be finished with the actual product pages yet.
Edited by jant71 - 9/21/12 at 3:11pmpost #3400 of 231649/21/12 at 3:10pmpost #3401 of 231649/21/12 at 3:13pmThread Starterpost #3402 of 231649/21/12 at 3:28pmpost #3403 of 231649/21/12 at 3:33pmpost #3404 of 231649/21/12 at 3:41pm
Yep, don't think Dsnuts is gonna shell out the ~ $350(maybe more) import price for a pair of 1000's though.
Actually a bit better than I thought with the CKM1000 list price of 48,000Y, I thought the CKS1000 would be 30,000 instead of 25,000.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › What is your favorite Japanese songs ? 17 seconds ago
- › The Battle of the Portables - A review of my headphones: Audio... 23 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 1 minute ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--first arrivals on page 19, first... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-14b2) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude