Good luck. And make sure you burn them in real good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 227post #3391 of 240379/21/12 at 12:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3392 of 240379/21/12 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by nihontoman
ordering sony xb90ex from ebay for 110$ with free shipping. it will be my most expensive iem, besides the dual driver able planet si500, that I got for 30 bucks but now cost anything between 60 to 130 $ on amazon :D
will be getting them in about three weeks, wish me luck :)
Good choice. Hope you like 'em.post #3393 of 240379/21/12 at 12:44pm
Great buy nihontoman. The XB90EX seem really interesting. I really liked the CKS77 but I wished the mids/highs were of top tier quality. The bass didn't really rattle my head that much either . I might just pull the trigger on these Sonys..post #3394 of 240379/21/12 at 2:41pm
Will do. I usually burn my iems with linear and logarithmic frequency swipes and combination of pink/white/brown noises on quite high loudness levels every night for about a week or two (I just listen to them during the day to know what has changed after every night). Will do the same with these :D
thanks. :) I will like them, I'm sure of it. I like "full" and rich sounding iems with goods clarity and detail and good sub-bass. I hate mid bass humps and the sonys seem to be exactly the type of sound I'm after :) that's why I went with these instead of Etymotic HF5 - I wasn't quite sure if I would like the kind of sound those put out and reviews tend to be all over the place, often controversial on the sound signature... ah well, will wait for black Friday deals to get those :DQuote:
thanks. they are indeed really interesting. wonder if they share the same driver that is on the ex1000 or the one from the ex600... mids and highs are as important for me as bass is (even more important sometimes) as I mostly listen to classical, jazz, opera, hip-hop and weird stuff like this by Susumu Hirasawa:
so yeah :D these will be my jack of all trade kind of iems, until I find some more money and courage to spend it on others...
Damn it, I think the curse of head-fi is on me and my wallet now :(post #3395 of 240379/21/12 at 2:41pm
But what about the CKS99 or the CKS1000? Those might be good :)
Above is the CKS1000LTD in the usual red trim combo. Info/specs is seemingly hidden atm.
Wow that looks damn big!!
CKS99 not so much. You may be able to walk through doorways without turning your head sideways with the CKS99
Edited by jant71 - 9/21/12 at 2:59pmpost #3396 of 240379/21/12 at 2:51pmThread Starter
Oh damn you just didn't show me that. A newer updated and higher end Solid bass. Looks like they are going for even a wider deeper sound.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/21/12 at 2:54pmpost #3397 of 240379/21/12 at 2:58pmQuote:
Oh look what you've gone and done! Made Dsnuts all excited!post #3398 of 240379/21/12 at 3:03pmpost #3399 of 240379/21/12 at 3:04pm
Well, the XB90EX was 45 pages ago. Time to re-stimulate the discovery thread!!!!
Uggh!! Mugen beat me in by a few ticks...
AT's Headphone Navi box/window on the right side has them listed but they don't seem to be finished with the actual product pages yet.
Edited by jant71 - 9/21/12 at 3:11pmpost #3400 of 240379/21/12 at 3:10pmpost #3401 of 240379/21/12 at 3:13pmThread Starterpost #3402 of 240379/21/12 at 3:28pmpost #3403 of 240379/21/12 at 3:33pmpost #3404 of 240379/21/12 at 3:41pm
Yep, don't think Dsnuts is gonna shell out the ~ $350(maybe more) import price for a pair of 1000's though.
Actually a bit better than I thought with the CKM1000 list price of 48,000Y, I thought the CKS1000 would be 30,000 instead of 25,000.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 34 seconds ago
- › All in one AMP/DAC/DAP combo 37 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › In favor of double ES9018M2K or single ES9018? 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob