- 3 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 3/12/14 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 179post #2671 of 231647/16/12 at 8:43amI was worried that they would be fake after buy them therefore I checked a video at youtube about this. I checked the tips to know that they are not fake and I would say 95% fir sure that everything looks genuine. But I have several complains because the cable is white near the jack when it is gray really because was over torsioned when was stored . the silver box do not close tight himself and fall apart "easily" and the logo in thevsilcer box is a little twisted but I would say that thebsoynd is great after a month. Maybe I would need to compare thenm with a shure or Wellstone to be sure but I do know to anybody who have them.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2672 of 231647/16/12 at 11:51ampost #2673 of 231647/16/12 at 1:07pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by live1
thanks dsnuts.i love my 101s got the green and the pink lol.i also got the fx1x.im a base edd and im wondering about the cks77 do they blow away the 101s or are they a subtle upgrade.i saw the link a few pages bk ebay hongkong seller for cks 77 without pakageing.are these with the ext cable or not.and are they refurbs or something
They are factory rejects meaning. They have imperfections. I know there are a few guys selling boxed pairs on the forums here. Try those instead. The Factory rejects are cheap for a reason. They don't come with all the tips and have minor imperfections and all of them require burn in for them to sound right..They are a nice upgrade to the FX101 or the FX1X in sound. If you can fine a used boxed pair that is even better.post #2674 of 231647/16/12 at 3:29pm
This isn't really a discovery, but i found my UE200s i impulse-bought at an airport before departure a couple years ago. I listened to them for a grand total of 30 minutes then stuffed them back in the box and enjoyed my vacation.
I burned them in for about 15 hours, and i've been listening them for the past day or two. I must say, I really like them quite a lot.
Does anyone else own these? i paid $35 at the airport by the looks of the price tag, but the old version with "logitech" on them (not mine) are $17 on amazon. I'm not sure if they're the same, it appears they changed the accessories and the little branding. But if they're the same phones, $17 is a steal.
I almost like them more than the FX101s, they're a tad bit more balanced and sibilance free- less bassy but they can dig into the sub bass if needed.
I was also at Fry's the other day and picked up a pair of JVC flats for giggles. the 160 - current model for $17. Those are pretty darn good too! I'd say similar performance sound-wise as the porta pros and px100 but at 1/2 the price.post #2675 of 231647/17/12 at 9:39am
I did try this music on TF10, X10, GR02 Bass, M4….none of them extend and rumbles the bass as FX101 does….for electro FX101 has become my bass specialty IEM.....I find almost same kind of rumble with D2k…
for better isolation I did try Sony hybrids but to my surprise…there was no more rumbles…wide stock tips is best on them…post #2676 of 231647/17/12 at 11:23ampost #2677 of 231647/17/12 at 11:26amQuote:
good question! i also want to know. since Dsnuts said the FX101 are like the CKS77 ...post #2678 of 231647/17/12 at 11:48amThread StarterQuote:Quote:
Well there is 2 choices both are upgrades to the FX101. The FX3X. Rare yes and these are the the highest end JVC bass earphones and a direct competitor to the CKS77. Either way you guys can't go wrong with either the JVC FX3X and or the ATH-CKS77. If you guy can get the FX3X for cheaper than a boxed pair of the CKS77 I would try them out. IF you guys can get a used pair of CKS77 for cheaper I would try those.post #2679 of 231647/17/12 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Well there is 2 choices both are upgrades to the FX101. The FX3X. Rare yes and these are the the highest end JVC bass earphones and a direct competitor to the CKS77. Either way you guys can't go wrong with either the JVC FX3X and or the ATH-CKS77. If you guy can get the FX3X for cheaper than a boxed pair of the CKS77 I would try them out. IF you guys can get a used pair of CKS77 for cheaper I would try those.
great! thanks!post #2680 of 231647/17/12 at 12:01pmpost #2681 of 231647/17/12 at 12:15pmThread Starter
The older FX3X was the higher end FX1X a much more refined version in sound and materials used, the newest being the FX101. What is the difference? Bigger thicker wider sound for one. Even deeper bass over the FX101 as they use Carbon drivers. For guys that like what the FX101 does the FX3X is the direct upgrade over the FX101 even though it is an older earphone. The sound tuning is similar to the FX101 but the dynamics are 2X more so. The biggest difference between the FX1X and the FX3X is the sounds on the FX3X are tight and much cleaner in overall presentation. Stage is very similar however.
Bigger 10mm Carbon drivers and a metal housing contribute to the higher end JVC bass earphone sound. The guys that ended up getting them liked them much but they do need a solid burn in as they exhibit some spikes in the upper registers on open box. They smooth out with good burn in. Worth the money spent on ordering them from over seas. Somewhat of a rare earphone actually. Not too many have them.
The reason why these are worth your hard earned cash is because I challenge anyone to put these FX3X against any bassy earphone and you guys will be surprised. To me these are so much better sounding than the MG7s, MMDTs, and competes very well against my CKS77s..I consider these one of the best bass earphones out there.
Edited by Dsnuts - 7/17/12 at 12:29pmpost #2682 of 231647/17/12 at 12:33pmpost #2683 of 231647/17/12 at 12:35pmpost #2684 of 231647/17/12 at 12:43pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG K812 Pro 53 seconds ago
- › The Battle of the Portables - A review of my headphones: Audio... 58 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Replacement cable HD650 4-pin XLR 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic warranty in Canada? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude