- 2,436 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 1502post #22516 of 240612/26/14 at 12:06pmFx850 seems to come in mind when searching for replaceable cables😁...and they are 1/3 the price of the k3003😂
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22517 of 240612/26/14 at 12:21pmQuote:post #22518 of 240612/26/14 at 12:50pm
I agree with you, Wayne. The size if those H3s are what has kept me from snatching them up and just settling with my SM64. But still, those giants look damn sexy, if you ask me...post #22519 of 240612/26/14 at 3:31pmpost #22520 of 240612/26/14 at 3:55pmQuote:
Just got mine too. Excellent sound for $30. In no way does the build or lack of accessories justify a $100+ price tag however. Great find.post #22521 of 240612/26/14 at 4:37pmQuote:
^ if you think they don't have enough bass try some Sony Hybrid/ MH1C tips on them, as well as some wide bore ones.
But those other tips kills a lot of the airiness, micro details though. Best alternative tips from the stock ones are more narrow bore ones such as the Sony hybrids, but i have found that the VSonic hybrid lookalike tips sounds 2nd best after the stock tips.
Those VSonic tips are hard as hell to get on these TEACs cuz they have a narrow bore and the nozzle on these TEACs are crazy wide.
Stock tips still sounds the best for me though.......
ENJOY YOU LUCKY MOFOS!!! : P
Edited by sfwalcer - 2/26/14 at 4:59pmpost #22522 of 240612/26/14 at 8:30pm
What if I said that everyone who has the Piston who didn't buy from Xiaomi directly (or Penon Audio it seems), does not have the official Piston?
The chocolate smell is greater
The box internals are a raised S, M and L instead of music notes.
L and R are marked on the strain reliefs
..and last but not least, the Xiaomi one is louder, with treble that extends further.
The ibuygou one does sound really, really close, but warmer overall, even after I modded them. They may be an authorized version or so, but I think the Xiaomi one is a little better already. This is without burn in or modding, while the ibuygou one has had 60+ hours.
I thinks we got trolled, even though the ibuygou one sounds great. At $27 (5 day shipping + taobao), these are an even better value now.post #22523 of 240612/26/14 at 8:45pmQuote:
I assume the "for sale" ad means you've gone over to the SONY SIDE!!!!!post #22524 of 240612/26/14 at 8:52pmpost #22525 of 240612/26/14 at 8:53pmpost #22526 of 240612/26/14 at 8:59pm
Alright so I need some help from all of you. I am stuck between a bunch of headphones. I really have looking into all the Beyers including the 770, 880 and 990. I am leaning more towards the 880 and 990 for the open style. I am also looking at the HD 600 and HE-400. The decisions in purchasing a nice headphones $200 and more is so difficult especially when you can't even try them for yourself... For all of these I will be using a Modi/Magni combination. Anyone wana help out here?post #22527 of 240612/26/14 at 9:05pmpost #22528 of 240612/26/14 at 9:06pmpost #22529 of 240612/26/14 at 9:07pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Closed, Over ear, Great Isolation and Portability Sub $100 as gift,... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony MDR-1R 4 minutes ago
- › Are custom fit IEMs worth it 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Non-distracting ambient music to help with concentration when doing... 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude