- 1,948 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 3/12/14 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 1479post #22171 of 231622/20/14 at 11:15amBuysmartjapan had the cheapest price of $433 with EMS 😏
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22172 of 231622/20/14 at 11:32ampost #22173 of 231622/20/14 at 11:39amQuote:Originally Posted by neuromancer
I have the mh1 and the Monster Gratitudes are a significant upgrade in every aspect: detail, imaging, etc......and I think you will love the bass (one of the best attributes). A $300 phone that has been discontinued and now can be found for $60. A ridiculous value at that price point!
I see it differently. I see it that marketing has convinced you the Gratitude is worth $300, when it really is just a very good $60 earphone.post #22174 of 231622/20/14 at 12:23pmLo. Anything but my friend. I have listened to many earphones in the under $100 range as well as many in the $200-500 range. Although we have more choices than ever for iem in the mid-fi bracket, the Gratitude has garnered much praise for good reason. Never said I thought it was worth $300..............but certainly far outperforms its current $60 dump price. I put it up against my E530 (no contest except the mids) and KEF M200 (right up there). It's a great phone that has a very enjoyable sound sig for on the move but detailed enough to scale up some with better better equipment. As usual, it still all comes down to personal preference.post #22175 of 231622/20/14 at 12:43pmpost #22176 of 231622/20/14 at 2:29pm
Interesting. I skipped the Gratitudes as Dsnuts was saying it was an upgrade to the CKN70. Also, the C300 has copious amounts of bass- is it comparable? I already own both of those but the audition price is so cheap it's hard to keep off my radar :Dpost #22177 of 231622/20/14 at 2:50pmpost #22178 of 231622/20/14 at 3:41pmpost #22179 of 231622/20/14 at 4:24pmpost #22180 of 231622/20/14 at 4:48pmQuote:
Ahh, okay. I haven't tried an IEM with such an abundance of bass that still had good treble and a midrange that wasn't recessed...I guess it's safe to say I can scratch the Gratitudes from my bassophile short list.post #22181 of 231622/20/14 at 6:03pmpost #22182 of 231622/20/14 at 6:19pmpost #22183 of 231622/20/14 at 6:21pmpost #22184 of 231622/20/14 at 6:33pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › VSonic GR07 vs HiFiMAN RE-400 ... did someone compare those 2 (???) 31 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 45 seconds ago
- › Closed-back Headphones for Gaming, Music & Movies 1 minute ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-14b2) 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 8 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 8 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude