Ya. I am pretty sure the Geeks using the sabre chip should out perform this unit. However we will see because this uDAC-3 punches way above its cost in sound. Even if it does out do the uDAC-3 which i fully expect. This unit for what it is, is very excellent..Today was the first day I really got a chance to hear the unit in full glory as it has been burning in all week..I expect the unit to improve even more so with some more burn in time. We will see. I will do a head to head shoot out with the Geek when I get mines.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on Yesterday at 2:25 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
This review is based on the brief time I had the X5 as part of the UK tour. I am not going in the facts, like spec, what's in the box etc, we all know that by now. This is all my...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 1057post #15841 of 2315010/25/13 at 7:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15842 of 2315010/25/13 at 8:03pm
Drbluenewmexico had asked about these a while back...
From the Deals Thread.....
Well-reviewed House of Marley Exodus headphones on Amazon.com $75 + approx. $5 for shipping.
Bought one myself! :)
Edited by Audioscope - Today at 6:28 pm
Took them out on my dog walk tonight...listened to Power Pop (Valley Lodge) and jazz (Matt Ulery's Loom)...they are good on the Valley Lodge, though not as detailed as I've gotten used to (Pioneers/Martin Logans), still fun to listen to. The jazz, on the other hand, was just great. Trumpeter has a slightly warm tone, perfectly rendered, clarinet, piano, all right there. I find them comfortable (my wife couldn't stand to wear them) and I think they are nice looking (my 19 year old daughter, who loved the sound, wouldn't be caught dead outside in them LOL). They definitely will look quite different than anything else you might
(I believe these listed at about $150...I found them at Best Buy a while back for about $50. I'd say they are a good deal in th e $50-$75 range)
Edited by doctorjazz - 10/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #15843 of 2315010/25/13 at 9:33pmpost #15844 of 2315010/25/13 at 9:38pmThread Starterpost #15845 of 2315010/25/13 at 10:17pm
Those sure are perdy. You'll have to give some impressions for the nice folks here.post #15846 of 2315010/25/13 at 10:27pm
^ Not as purdy as these Beyers.
Not really they feel and look cheap as hell, but sound........ T_T
edit: Oh and forgot to say congrats on those H1s Danny!!!
Hope they turn out to be keepers.
Edited by sfwalcer - 10/25/13 at 10:31pmpost #15847 of 2315010/25/13 at 10:33pmThread Starter
Nice sf. Gotta let us know how them Beyers sound. I hope you get them MA750s and MA600s for review.. I can subliminally suggest who RHA pics. You know. I have..
Edited by Dsnuts - 10/25/13 at 10:35pmpost #15848 of 2315010/25/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
^ LMAO you sure you ain't stealing them powers from warren???
Yeppp hope Twinkies @ss and i get picked as well, and if we get those Dunus as well. LORDY LORD!!!
Lets just say that Canned Pineapple Cat Cracker Freak has some devious plans up that hole of his. And i am just the poor victim.
Thanks for the good wishes Ds, i hope so as well. Don't worry i'll shill for them REAL GUD if we win unlike that warren that has been slacking!!! Gonna get that hype train blast off to Mars. hoho j/k
Congrats on them golden crustacean bling blings meng. Hope they live up to ericp's hype.post #15849 of 2315010/25/13 at 10:52pmpost #15850 of 2315010/25/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Damn Danny that is a boner killa', say it ain't so say it ain't so.....
Maybe that dynamic end needs a good beating???
BURN BABY BURN!!!post #15851 of 2315010/25/13 at 10:57pmQuote:
What about someone who doesn't have either. I'm torn between the two.
Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2post #15852 of 2315010/25/13 at 11:10pmQuote:It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.Quote:
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.post #15853 of 2315010/25/13 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.
^ ikr, and to think some places were selling those XBA3 for like ~$50 new/ refurb like worstbuys and some Aussie site was a CRAZY steal!!! Esp. those new sets. O.Opost #15854 of 2315010/25/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
Cardboard simpleton master durianpoop juggular troll is meek as usual.
Yeah, it's gunna be gud....post #15855 of 2315010/25/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
Hmmm C_S_M_DJ_T gots a nice ring to it, me likey!!!
Thanks Twi-Hard i am sure you fried a few cat cracks to think that one up, not to mention those brain cells. Try not to sniff too hard might not have enough left to be excited over.
Cee_how i just Slayed_ this Man with_Dat Juxtaposed_ThematicReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › CanOpener? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Joseph Grado Signature Product "HP2i" upgraded HP 1000 headphone;... 9 minutes ago
- › Help with modi/magni hd 600 setup please 9 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude