Ya. I am pretty sure the Geeks using the sabre chip should out perform this unit. However we will see because this uDAC-3 punches way above its cost in sound. Even if it does out do the uDAC-3 which i fully expect. This unit for what it is, is very excellent..Today was the first day I really got a chance to hear the unit in full glory as it has been burning in all week..I expect the unit to improve even more so with some more burn in time. We will see. I will do a head to head shoot out with the Geek when I get mines.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 1057post #15841 of 2392610/25/13 at 7:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15842 of 2392610/25/13 at 8:03pm
Drbluenewmexico had asked about these a while back...
From the Deals Thread.....
Well-reviewed House of Marley Exodus headphones on Amazon.com $75 + approx. $5 for shipping.
Bought one myself! :)
Edited by Audioscope - Today at 6:28 pm
Took them out on my dog walk tonight...listened to Power Pop (Valley Lodge) and jazz (Matt Ulery's Loom)...they are good on the Valley Lodge, though not as detailed as I've gotten used to (Pioneers/Martin Logans), still fun to listen to. The jazz, on the other hand, was just great. Trumpeter has a slightly warm tone, perfectly rendered, clarinet, piano, all right there. I find them comfortable (my wife couldn't stand to wear them) and I think they are nice looking (my 19 year old daughter, who loved the sound, wouldn't be caught dead outside in them LOL). They definitely will look quite different than anything else you might
(I believe these listed at about $150...I found them at Best Buy a while back for about $50. I'd say they are a good deal in th e $50-$75 range)
Edited by doctorjazz - 10/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #15843 of 2392610/25/13 at 9:33pmpost #15844 of 2392610/25/13 at 9:38pmThread Starterpost #15845 of 2392610/25/13 at 10:17pm
Those sure are perdy. You'll have to give some impressions for the nice folks here.post #15846 of 2392610/25/13 at 10:27pm
^ Not as purdy as these Beyers.
Not really they feel and look cheap as hell, but sound........ T_T
edit: Oh and forgot to say congrats on those H1s Danny!!!
Hope they turn out to be keepers.
Edited by sfwalcer - 10/25/13 at 10:31pmpost #15847 of 2392610/25/13 at 10:33pmThread Starter
Nice sf. Gotta let us know how them Beyers sound. I hope you get them MA750s and MA600s for review.. I can subliminally suggest who RHA pics. You know. I have..
Edited by Dsnuts - 10/25/13 at 10:35pmpost #15848 of 2392610/25/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
^ LMAO you sure you ain't stealing them powers from warren???
Yeppp hope Twinkies @ss and i get picked as well, and if we get those Dunus as well. LORDY LORD!!!
Lets just say that Canned Pineapple Cat Cracker Freak has some devious plans up that hole of his. And i am just the poor victim.
Thanks for the good wishes Ds, i hope so as well. Don't worry i'll shill for them REAL GUD if we win unlike that warren that has been slacking!!! Gonna get that hype train blast off to Mars. hoho j/k
Congrats on them golden crustacean bling blings meng. Hope they live up to ericp's hype.post #15849 of 2392610/25/13 at 10:52pmpost #15850 of 2392610/25/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Damn Danny that is a boner killa', say it ain't so say it ain't so.....
Maybe that dynamic end needs a good beating???
BURN BABY BURN!!!post #15851 of 2392610/25/13 at 10:57pmQuote:
What about someone who doesn't have either. I'm torn between the two.
Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2post #15852 of 2392610/25/13 at 11:10pmQuote:It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.Quote:
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.post #15853 of 2392610/25/13 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.
^ ikr, and to think some places were selling those XBA3 for like ~$50 new/ refurb like worstbuys and some Aussie site was a CRAZY steal!!! Esp. those new sets. O.Opost #15854 of 2392610/25/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
Cardboard simpleton master durianpoop juggular troll is meek as usual.
Yeah, it's gunna be gud....post #15855 of 2392610/25/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
Hmmm C_S_M_DJ_T gots a nice ring to it, me likey!!!
Thanks Twi-Hard i am sure you fried a few cat cracks to think that one up, not to mention those brain cells. Try not to sniff too hard might not have enough left to be excited over.
Cee_how i just Slayed_ this Man with_Dat Juxtaposed_ThematicReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Headphone Amp thats both POWERFUL and Neutral 7 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 19 seconds ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Your Album of the Month 1 minute ago
- › Searching Earbud or Portable Headphone ~50€ 2 minutes ago
- › ibasso dx50 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Lampizator 5B + KGBH + SR-009 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob