Ya. I am pretty sure the Geeks using the sabre chip should out perform this unit. However we will see because this uDAC-3 punches way above its cost in sound. Even if it does out do the uDAC-3 which i fully expect. This unit for what it is, is very excellent..Today was the first day I really got a chance to hear the unit in full glory as it has been burning in all week..I expect the unit to improve even more so with some more burn in time. We will see. I will do a head to head shoot out with the Geek when I get mines.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 1057post #15841 of 2406210/25/13 at 7:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15842 of 2406210/25/13 at 8:03pm
Drbluenewmexico had asked about these a while back...
From the Deals Thread.....
Well-reviewed House of Marley Exodus headphones on Amazon.com $75 + approx. $5 for shipping.
Bought one myself! :)
Edited by Audioscope - Today at 6:28 pm
Took them out on my dog walk tonight...listened to Power Pop (Valley Lodge) and jazz (Matt Ulery's Loom)...they are good on the Valley Lodge, though not as detailed as I've gotten used to (Pioneers/Martin Logans), still fun to listen to. The jazz, on the other hand, was just great. Trumpeter has a slightly warm tone, perfectly rendered, clarinet, piano, all right there. I find them comfortable (my wife couldn't stand to wear them) and I think they are nice looking (my 19 year old daughter, who loved the sound, wouldn't be caught dead outside in them LOL). They definitely will look quite different than anything else you might
(I believe these listed at about $150...I found them at Best Buy a while back for about $50. I'd say they are a good deal in th e $50-$75 range)
Edited by doctorjazz - 10/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #15843 of 2406210/25/13 at 9:33pmpost #15844 of 2406210/25/13 at 9:38pmThread Starterpost #15845 of 2406210/25/13 at 10:17pm
Those sure are perdy. You'll have to give some impressions for the nice folks here.post #15846 of 2406210/25/13 at 10:27pm
^ Not as purdy as these Beyers.
Not really they feel and look cheap as hell, but sound........ T_T
edit: Oh and forgot to say congrats on those H1s Danny!!!
Hope they turn out to be keepers.
Edited by sfwalcer - 10/25/13 at 10:31pmpost #15847 of 2406210/25/13 at 10:33pmThread Starter
Nice sf. Gotta let us know how them Beyers sound. I hope you get them MA750s and MA600s for review.. I can subliminally suggest who RHA pics. You know. I have..
Edited by Dsnuts - 10/25/13 at 10:35pmpost #15848 of 2406210/25/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
^ LMAO you sure you ain't stealing them powers from warren???
Yeppp hope Twinkies @ss and i get picked as well, and if we get those Dunus as well. LORDY LORD!!!
Lets just say that Canned Pineapple Cat Cracker Freak has some devious plans up that hole of his. And i am just the poor victim.
Thanks for the good wishes Ds, i hope so as well. Don't worry i'll shill for them REAL GUD if we win unlike that warren that has been slacking!!! Gonna get that hype train blast off to Mars. hoho j/k
Congrats on them golden crustacean bling blings meng. Hope they live up to ericp's hype.post #15849 of 2406210/25/13 at 10:52pmpost #15850 of 2406210/25/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Damn Danny that is a boner killa', say it ain't so say it ain't so.....
Maybe that dynamic end needs a good beating???
BURN BABY BURN!!!post #15851 of 2406210/25/13 at 10:57pmQuote:
What about someone who doesn't have either. I'm torn between the two.
Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2post #15852 of 2406210/25/13 at 11:10pmQuote:It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.Quote:
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.post #15853 of 2406210/25/13 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
It's got 10 hours of burn but I'll keep pounding and report back.
If you can find a used XBA3/30 for cheap, I'd say its a no brainer but at $150, the H1 is still worthy. I just compared it to the XBA-40 and the signature is close but the 40 beats it in overall refinement and space around instruments. Believe it or not, the 40's bass reaches a little deeper so I assume H1's bass might be quite similar to the 3/30's. When I owned the 30's and 40's together, I ended up keeping the 40's for that added bass and larger stage but the 30's sounded technically more accurate and was better with all genres of music. The older XBA phones are still very good to this day.
^ ikr, and to think some places were selling those XBA3 for like ~$50 new/ refurb like worstbuys and some Aussie site was a CRAZY steal!!! Esp. those new sets. O.Opost #15854 of 2406210/25/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
Cardboard simpleton master durianpoop juggular troll is meek as usual.
Yeah, it's gunna be gud....post #15855 of 2406210/25/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
Hmmm C_S_M_DJ_T gots a nice ring to it, me likey!!!
Thanks Twi-Hard i am sure you fried a few cat cracks to think that one up, not to mention those brain cells. Try not to sniff too hard might not have enough left to be excited over.
Cee_how i just Slayed_ this Man with_Dat Juxtaposed_ThematicReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S Mezmerize US Cellular (uses wolfson wm8994 DAC) 17 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Lehmann black cube Linear 4 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude