Not used to dynamic specs anymore
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 1045post #15661 of 2396310/20/13 at 6:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15662 of 2396310/20/13 at 6:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by doctorjazz
Don't see much about these Shures, true. I actually own them (the regular, not the Ltd), had given them as presents to my daughters, they both preferred the Meelectronica A151, for what it's worth.I thought it was a nice sounding iem, nothing dramatic highlighted by them, but did no wrong, either from what I remember. Were a bit wide/large, think that's what my girls didn't like.
Thanks for the thoughts doc. So, over ear orientated iem at about the same price for me now would be either Shure 215Ltd or RHA MA750. Would appreciate some comparison or maybe personal preference from fellow members here. Thanks in advance.post #15663 of 2396310/20/13 at 6:58pm
I'm really liking the Pioneer HDJ-1500 I picked up. I take it these have the same drivers as the HDJ-2000?
Anyway, after replacing the pads with some HM5 pads and letting them burn in a bit, they've become my main work cans. For $71 they were a fantastic deal.post #15664 of 2396310/20/13 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
For those DJ 2000 Armaegis has a neat mod for them if you are curious.
I imagine the Dynamat would work in lieu of the black sheet.That white stuff was replaced with fuzzy porous velour. If you want either let me know it's the exact stuff I sent. Interesting anyhow whether or not you do it.
Read through the thread, probably more work than I have the time/patience/inclination for...is there a simple version? And, I'm tired, where would the Dynamat come in (I know they mentioned it in the thread as an option). You have some of the stuff available? I have to read it over closely when I'm not exhausted. Thanks for the info, though.post #15665 of 2396310/20/13 at 7:26pmpost #15666 of 2396310/21/13 at 8:38ampost #15667 of 2396310/21/13 at 10:59amQuote:
You can get them for £60 at Amazon UK. I still consider them great value at that price.post #15668 of 2396310/21/13 at 2:46pm
If anybody is interested in some Onkyo ES-HF300 headphones, I'm selling mine: http://www.head-fi.org/t/686666/onkyo-es-hf300
You can read my impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/655496/onkyos-first-step-into-portable-audio-bandwagon-impressions-comments-thoughts-welcome/30#post_9878052post #15669 of 2396310/21/13 at 2:51pm
^ Maybe some LGs???
These things have some potential if you are willing to take the risk, but can they best the Sony MH1Cs in overall sound??? To be continued...post #15670 of 2396310/21/13 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
^ Maybe some LGs???
These things have some potential if you are willing to take the risk, but can they best the Sony MH1Cs in overall sound??? To be continued...
You linked to a thread that rips this thread sf. What's wrong with you.
"These have fallen under the radar, while so called "discoveries" [which in my experience have been nothing but hype]been getting all the craze".
I'm just kiddin' Those LG's seem nice though.post #15671 of 2396310/21/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
All eyes are on him now, he has set the bar/hype pretty damn high for these LGs, will finally see how much of a noob he is and how good his ears really are HA!post #15672 of 2396310/21/13 at 3:46pmpost #15673 of 2396310/21/13 at 3:47pm
So, I just purchased the Monster Gratitudes. Seeing as they are about 75% off of the original price it wasn't a hard decision to make. I have no doubt that these will be an upgrade to my CKN70s, I just hope I enjoy the sound signature just as much or more.post #15674 of 2396310/21/13 at 3:53pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony MDR-7520 16 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 28 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 5 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › A good headphone amp under 100$? 10 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 12 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob