Not used to dynamic specs anymore
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on Today at 6:43 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 1045post #15661 of 2295510/20/13 at 6:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15662 of 2295510/20/13 at 6:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by doctorjazz
Don't see much about these Shures, true. I actually own them (the regular, not the Ltd), had given them as presents to my daughters, they both preferred the Meelectronica A151, for what it's worth.I thought it was a nice sounding iem, nothing dramatic highlighted by them, but did no wrong, either from what I remember. Were a bit wide/large, think that's what my girls didn't like.
Thanks for the thoughts doc. So, over ear orientated iem at about the same price for me now would be either Shure 215Ltd or RHA MA750. Would appreciate some comparison or maybe personal preference from fellow members here. Thanks in advance.post #15663 of 2295510/20/13 at 6:58pm
I'm really liking the Pioneer HDJ-1500 I picked up. I take it these have the same drivers as the HDJ-2000?
Anyway, after replacing the pads with some HM5 pads and letting them burn in a bit, they've become my main work cans. For $71 they were a fantastic deal.post #15664 of 2295510/20/13 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by nick n
For those DJ 2000 Armaegis has a neat mod for them if you are curious.
I imagine the Dynamat would work in lieu of the black sheet.That white stuff was replaced with fuzzy porous velour. If you want either let me know it's the exact stuff I sent. Interesting anyhow whether or not you do it.
Read through the thread, probably more work than I have the time/patience/inclination for...is there a simple version? And, I'm tired, where would the Dynamat come in (I know they mentioned it in the thread as an option). You have some of the stuff available? I have to read it over closely when I'm not exhausted. Thanks for the info, though.post #15665 of 2295510/20/13 at 7:26pmpost #15666 of 2295510/21/13 at 8:38ampost #15667 of 2295510/21/13 at 10:59amQuote:
You can get them for £60 at Amazon UK. I still consider them great value at that price.post #15668 of 2295510/21/13 at 2:46pm
If anybody is interested in some Onkyo ES-HF300 headphones, I'm selling mine: http://www.head-fi.org/t/686666/onkyo-es-hf300
You can read my impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/655496/onkyos-first-step-into-portable-audio-bandwagon-impressions-comments-thoughts-welcome/30#post_9878052post #15669 of 2295510/21/13 at 2:51pm
^ Maybe some LGs???
These things have some potential if you are willing to take the risk, but can they best the Sony MH1Cs in overall sound??? To be continued...post #15670 of 2295510/21/13 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
^ Maybe some LGs???
These things have some potential if you are willing to take the risk, but can they best the Sony MH1Cs in overall sound??? To be continued...
You linked to a thread that rips this thread sf. What's wrong with you.
"These have fallen under the radar, while so called "discoveries" [which in my experience have been nothing but hype]been getting all the craze".
I'm just kiddin' Those LG's seem nice though.post #15671 of 2295510/21/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
All eyes are on him now, he has set the bar/hype pretty damn high for these LGs, will finally see how much of a noob he is and how good his ears really are HA!post #15672 of 2295510/21/13 at 3:46pmpost #15673 of 2295510/21/13 at 3:47pm
So, I just purchased the Monster Gratitudes. Seeing as they are about 75% off of the original price it wasn't a hard decision to make. I have no doubt that these will be an upgrade to my CKN70s, I just hope I enjoy the sound signature just as much or more.post #15674 of 2295510/21/13 at 3:53pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 25 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › F/S: Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies - Black with discontinued black smoked... 5 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Fostex TH900 6 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 8 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude