^ Whew! Thanks Ds. I was this close to getting me some!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 4/3/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 992post #14866 of 240629/29/13 at 7:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14867 of 240629/29/13 at 7:16pm
Yeppp they sound like crap, too many negatives, thanks Ds and WAYNE for helping me out here. Pheeeeew that was a close one. :)post #14868 of 240629/29/13 at 7:17pm
Btw, anyone who is interested in the ZU mission cable for their Phillip's X1's can get it here:
When you buy it, you just have to tell them to change it to a "mini to mini" cable and they will do that for no extra charge.
And yes, the cable really plays very nicely with the X1. Very nicely.post #14869 of 240629/29/13 at 7:20pmThread Starter
Those guys want you to burn in their cables for 400 hours Wayne. I think I got around 300 on mine. Lol..Ya believe it or not no joke I have had my X1 with Zu cable on my MX2 for the last 2 weeks straight. I just took a listen.. Oh man it sounds great. That is a negative right there. I don't like stuff that sounds this nice. Gotta stop burning it in.
Don't mention it guys any earphones with that many negatives is not worth buying. You guys don't want one of the most exciting new earphones in the market.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/29/13 at 7:29pmpost #14870 of 240629/29/13 at 7:29pmQuote:
Yep. I'm rather happy with how it's sounding with the X1's without any burn in. In fact, I haven't really been able to burn in my X1's yet apart from enjoying listening to them. I should be able to get some sustained bass n drum beatings into both the X1's and the ZU soon though, so if this package is going to sound even better than it already does, then smiles all 'roundpost #14871 of 240629/29/13 at 7:37pm
OK, yet another take on the Gratitude vs S2, as earlier discussed. Spent a bit of time today with the 2 of them, both very nice to listen to.
Comfort-this is an individual thing, of course. I tend to do badly with earphones with unusual shaped/big bodies, chambers, wannabe buds, etc. Both these have some unusual shape to them, but the Philips is much more so, and it took a bit to find tips (used Complys for both), and take a lot of twisting/adjusting to get it about where it should be. Monster is much easier to get in correctly, for me
Isolation-easy, S2 is not supposed to isolate, and it doesn't. Was OK to listen to outside here in the burbs, though, as the streets I go down on my dog walk are pretty quiet.
Sound-OK, more difficult to put a finger on, but here I go. They both do good detail, the S2 maybe a bit better. The Monsters are not bass monsters (pun intended), both seem to have about the same, not overwhelming, good, musical bass. The Monsters seem to actually have a mid emphasis, and slightly high freq as well, giving it a kind of liveness, more than the S2. The S2, on the other hand, has this incredible silence/space between instruments, makes them stand out and details a bit clearer (but the detail difference is very small-the openness, silence, space between instruments, howerver, is breathtaking).
Again, you have a kind of excitement generated by the Monster (slight) frequence emphasis, but a really neutral, clean sound from the S2 that is quite striking. Like them both. At $60 the Monsters are a really nice buy.post #14872 of 240629/29/13 at 7:45pm
What about the Gratitudes vs the flavor du jour, the MA750?
I have the Gratitudes and like them, but they're my only IEMs. I'm more of a headphone guy anyway, but I'm tempted by all this talk to return them and get the MA750. The build quality for sure would be better, but I'm not sure how much of an improvement in sound there might be.post #14873 of 240629/29/13 at 7:58pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Leo888
Must read this thread with my wallet locked away. It might be futile but have to try to resist the MA750 temptation. I like the S2 but have always preferred over ear style iem which works best for me. Someone please dish out some negatives to sway me away if there is any, haha.
Ok so I have found the only one real negative on the MA750s. Their efficiency means they have a nice full sound on your daps and such. But what about adding and amp you might ask?
I just did a head to head experiment with my DX50 hooked up to my 2step amp. The sound is off the chain nice. The amp expands the sounds like a nice amp should just sound euphoria..
The S2 I used first and the sound expansion with that full bass end just put a big ole smile on my face. The S2 is showing me once again why it is one of my all time favorites. I just switched to the MA750 and here is the negative. There closed in design means they will not have the same headroom for amping quite like the S2.. The stage is immediately noticeably restricted vs the S2.
The MA750 on a good source sounds very nice of course but with more power they don't hang with the S2. Much like the XBA-3. The MA750 is at it's best with a simple source.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/29/13 at 8:07pmpost #14874 of 240629/29/13 at 8:08pm
just ordered the MA750's today. Don't know how long it'll take until they get here (ordered from Amazon), but can compare them, the Gratitudes and S2s when they come. The S2 does have a certain clarity, dark/space between instruments, and openness, a sophisticated sound, a wide stage, I can see why so many are in love with them
Edited by doctorjazz - 9/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #14875 of 240629/29/13 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Oh for certain.. I have them in my ears with my DX50 and 2Step amp.. I am shocked I never tried this combo. Lol.It sounds unbelievable..It is the one earphone I will always have in my stable with my CKS1Ks.
Lol. My S2 was all jealous last night when I was giving out the award to another. It didn't like that so much..So it is going to be easy for me. I will have my S2s hooked up to my laptop and will use my new MA750s with my X3 or my DX50 for on the go.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/29/13 at 8:14pmpost #14876 of 240629/29/13 at 8:25pmThread Starterpost #14877 of 240629/29/13 at 8:34pm
Anyone had their deltas shipped yet? Seems maybe they're delayed again. The website changed the date to the 28th of Sept and my order is still just processing. Then again, maybe I'm late in the queue or MP4 nation is just being really slow as usual (or so I seem to have read)post #14878 of 240629/29/13 at 8:42pmpost #14879 of 240629/29/13 at 8:43pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 51 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › WANTED: ANY Heir Audio IEM with a Magnus 1 cable (or just the... 3 minutes ago
- › Steelseries Flux In-ear hard to adjust correctly into ear. 3 minutes ago
- › Trafomatic Audio - TakeT H2+ amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 6 minutes ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 6 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude