Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... - Page 905

post #13561 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Thanks for those pics. Looks like TF10 tips might be the way to go. Now to find some online.

 

Logitech sells them but it seems only by individual sizes (5 pairs for $10 + tax/shipping).

 

I'm thinking they may only be worth trying if you prefer the sound with tips with wider bores (like the stock tips) AND if the stock tips don't fit all that well in your ears. The stock tips work for the most part for me, but I think my ideal fit would be a size in between the medium and large sizes because the large is a bit too big for my preferred insertion depth and the medium has a tendency to lose its seal if I open my mouth wide or lie down with the IEMs in. I have no such issues with the TF10 tips.

 

For people with larger ear canals, the fat tips that come with newer RE-400 (and RE-600 I believe) might work wonders (while also maintaining a wide bore for all sound holes to be unrestricted). Unfortunately, they're more square shape than even the stock tips, so people like Dsnuts may be out of luck.

 

xdnwq4M.png

 

They're the clear ones on the right in the pictures below. For reference, the grayish ones on the left are the largest size UE900 tips, and the middle black ones are the largest stock tips.

 

A5kEvO4.png

lxt0DGX.png


Edited by PeterDLai - 8/30/13 at 10:07pm
post #13562 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

 

Logitech sells them but it seems only by individual sizes (5 pairs for $10 + tax/shipping).

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the link.  I was trying to find some and no luck.  Now I have to decide medium or large.  I have to use the large tips on the stock and I think I use medium on the 900 tips.  

post #13563 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Thanks for the link.  I was trying to find some and no luck.  Now I have to decide medium or large.  I have to use the large tips on the stock and I think I use medium on the 900 tips.  

 

The UE900 "medium" tips are technically the 2nd largest ones I believe (on the bottom of each tip, it should show 4 notches), as UE denotes the sizes as XXS, XS, S, M, L.

 

The larges are probably your best bet as the mediums are probably too small for you (if the stock mediums don't fit). Pictured below from left to right are the stock large, the UE900 medium (4 notches), the TF10 large, and the TF10 medium.

 

ECjxdMj.png


Edited by PeterDLai - 8/30/13 at 11:30pm
post #13564 of 23973

Has anybody here heard the Ocharaku modified CKM55?
Sounds really really interesting! Approximately 10,000 yen (~$100) and supposedly a dramatic improvement of the CKM55

They added a "Tornado equalizer" to the IEM's, read about it here: http://www.headfonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Technology-of-OCHARAKU_English1.pdf
Sounds pretty awesome :D Especially if the CKM55 is a good IEM by itself (I assume it is since CKM50 was pretty hyped up on head-fi), I'm really interested in this tuned up model
Maybe I get a hard on for modified stuff :P


Edited by nehcrow - 8/31/13 at 12:11am
post #13565 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Has anybody here heard the Ocharaku modified CKM55?
Sounds really really interesting! Approximately 10,000 yen (~$100) and supposedly a dramatic improvement of the CKM55

They added a "Tornado equalizer" to the IEM's, read about it here: http://www.headfonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Technology-of-OCHARAKU_English1.pdf
Sounds pretty awesome :D Especially if the CKM55 is a good IEM by itself (I assume it is since CKM50 was pretty hyped up on head-fi), I'm really interested in this tuned up model
Maybe I get a hard on for modified stuff :P

 

I think the stock CKM55 is one that Dsnuts specifically recommended AGAINST. It's still interesting to see what Ocharaku can do when modding lower priced IEMs.


Edited by PeterDLai - 8/31/13 at 2:46am
post #13566 of 23973

Oh really? Didn't know! 
I think Audio Technica's bad tuning might be what caused the poor sound (I assume they share the same or a similar driver) - think Ochakaru's modifications will result in a great sound :)
If I had the money to spare, I would be on this so quickly, my curiosity has peaked haha

post #13567 of 23973
So Danny, how are the Onkyos compared to the CKS1000s? Those have been the IEMs I've wanted, buy I'm very curious about these Onkyos as well. And now I'm also considering the KEFs.
post #13568 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

So Danny, how are the Onkyos compared to the CKS1000s? Those have been the IEMs I've wanted, buy I'm very curious about these Onkyos as well. And now I'm also considering the KEFs.

+1

Also comparisons to S2/KEF? 
Sorry if this is asking too much, but I'm super interested in the Onkyo's!!! They look sexy too :)
 


Edited by nehcrow - 8/31/13 at 6:46am
post #13569 of 23973
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Has anybody here heard the Ocharaku modified CKM55?
Sounds really really interesting! Approximately 10,000 yen (~$100) and supposedly a dramatic improvement of the CKM55

They added a "Tornado equalizer" to the IEM's, read about it here: http://www.headfonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Technology-of-OCHARAKU_English1.pdf
Sounds pretty awesome :D Especially if the CKM55 is a good IEM by itself (I assume it is since CKM50 was pretty hyped up on head-fi), I'm really interested in this tuned up model
Maybe I get a hard on for modified stuff :P


The reason why these guys got a bunch of CKM55s to modify is because the CKM55s were the biggest fail for AT. The CKM50 were good earphones actually, and so my thought was the newer CKM55 would have been a nice update to the CKM50 only to find out the sound was actually a step back from the CKM50s.

 

But the sound did have potential. I call them experimental iems for AT. They tried a roomy sound presentation but for some reason the sound has entirely too much uncontrolled bass and mids that was hidden with rolled off highs. The sound would hit a ceiling which made them sound weird.  So the only real way to make them sound right is actually to retune them which is what that Tornado equalizer does. Those are interesting as Mike from headfonia wrote an article on how nice those sound.. I bet they snapped up a big remaining lot of them CKM55s to modify. To eventually to get their tuning right. Those modified ones should sound good.


Edited by Dsnuts - 8/31/13 at 7:43am
post #13570 of 23973
Thread Starter 

I say go for the Onkyos and have a new and exciting earphone for the money instead. Lol. I threw in the order of the headphones late so I didn't get my stuff yet but I should have them real soon.


Edited by Dsnuts - 8/31/13 at 7:40am
post #13571 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

 

The UE900 "medium" tips are technically the 2nd largest ones I believe (on the bottom of each tip, it should show 4 notches), as UE denotes the sizes as XXS, XS, S, M, L.

 

The larges are probably your best bet as the mediums are probably too small for you (if the stock mediums don't fit). Pictured below from left to right are the stock large, the UE900 medium (4 notches), the TF10 large, and the TF10 medium.

 

ECjxdMj.png

I'm thinking the TF10 tips are the way to go from pictures.  

post #13572 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

So Danny, how are the Onkyos compared to the CKS1000s? Those have been the IEMs I've wanted, buy I'm very curious about these Onkyos as well. And now I'm also considering the KEFs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

+1

Also comparisons to S2/KEF? 
Sorry if this is asking too much, but I'm super interested in the Onkyo's!!! They look sexy too :)
 

 

The Onkyo's punch more above their price than the CKS1000's.  I would say the Onkyo's are less colored too.  Vocals are good on the AT's but it sounds a little more natural on the Onkyo's.  Not as pushed forward.  Treble is definitely better on the Onkyo's.  There's no sign of fatigue that I've heard yet but it's still nicely detailed.  Now, the CKS1000's will have more energy and is faster sounding overall.  

 

The S2 is the most neutral sounding.  M200's have the biggest bass.  IE's sound different than either.  I would still put the M200 on top and the S2, Onkyo's just below.  

post #13573 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

 

 

The Onkyo's punch more above their price than the CKS1000's.  I would say the Onkyo's are less colored too.  Vocals are good on the AT's but it sounds a little more natural on the Onkyo's.  Not as pushed forward.  Treble is definitely better on the Onkyo's.  There's no sign of fatigue that I've heard yet but it's still nicely detailed.  Now, the CKS1000's will have more energy and is faster sounding overall.  

 

The S2 is the most neutral sounding.  M200's have the biggest bass.  IE's sound different than either.  I would still put the M200 on top and the S2, Onkyo's just below.  

 

About the same as what I'm hearing. Which is why I see no reason to keep the S2.

post #13574 of 23973

for sheer musical enjoyment, which one would you recommend, if money and burn in time were not factors in the quest???

post #13575 of 23973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

 

About the same as what I'm hearing. Which is why I see no reason to keep the S2.

 

Thanks DannyBai ;) Much appreciated.

Also Exesteils: You prefer the Onkyo's over the S2's in what ways? I currently have S2's but they aren't sealing properly for me. :\ 
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2. PG 724!!