Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 598

post #8956 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

you went from the s500 to the ws55?

Hear that Sfwalcer?

LoL

You got some serious reading comprehension problems meng, seekky was talking about the pads fool. Facepalm!!!

And I didn't want to comment on your jpn/ UK made headphone comment, but v-moda is an American comp for god sake this guy. Worse troll than I, sheeesh.
post #8957 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

Perhaps you guys should take your bickering to PM. This thread is becoming awkward.

EDIT: Oh, this is friendly? Okay. Completely didn't get that. I dunno, I got serious passive aggression vibes there.

PM beef is no fun, you gotta air out your dirty laundry out in the open baby diapers and all. LMAO

Yeah we are just trolling but also in a serious manner. biggrin.gif

 

So, you're sayin the stuff in open baby diapers is beef??????   biggrin.gif

post #8958 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


LoL

You got some serious reading comprehension problems meng, seekky was talking about the pads fool. Facepalm!!!

And I didn't want to comment on your jpn/ UK made headphone comment, but v-moda is an American comp for god sake this guy. Worse troll than I, sheeesh.

 

sorry...had a tunnel vision on a trade i heard was going to happen....s500 for ws55..

post #8959 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

So, you're sayin the stuff in open baby diapers is beef??????   biggrin.gif

yeah mon it's that secret sauce don't ya' know. wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

sorry...had a tunnel vision on a trade i heard was going to happen....s500 for ws55..

who's the fool giving up his godly s500s for those lowly ws55s??? That would be a downgrade for the s500 owner, I am sure a lot of people will agree that owns both.
post #8960 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


LoL

You got some serious reading comprehension problems meng, seekky was talking about the pads fool. Facepalm!!!

And I didn't want to comment on your jpn/ UK made headphone comment, but v-moda is an American comp for god sake this guy. Worse troll than I, sheeesh.

hehe, yea, sorry i meant ws55 pads.

beerchug.gif

post #8961 of 26204
What is up with all the trolling?

This website isn't called TrollMe.org is it? If it is I might be in the wrong place, and I should go to bed now lol
post #8962 of 26204

okay....back to discoveries.

 

http://www.whathifi.com/news/kef-joins-the-headphone-market-with-m500-and-m200

 

these look interesting as I felt kef made some pretty good speakers that a lot of people didn't know about.  

post #8963 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

yesterday i got the new philips shl3300 and i am not sure yet, but maybe i found a succesor to my s500. these are just awesome. deep soundstage, very good detail and as fast as cnt. man and that bass digs deep. its not bloated at all, but sub bass is rattling my bones. i tested a lot 300 $ phones, and until no i would say, these cheapo philips blow them out of the water. they fold up nicely and although the cups are large in diamater these are on ear, but with new breathable pads, that are super comfortable even in the sun and do a strong job on isolation. definetly keepers. everyone should test them!CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/headphones/ear-bud/dj-monitor-style-black/productdetail/SHL3300_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en

Looks very much like the Sony v55...
post #8964 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

 

See even this guy knows.  Even though he's amping an amped signal with a fiio (no offense meant, kind of a purist in regard to double amping.  Fiio products and me just dont see eye to eye).

The S400 even with two things I don't do or use still sound better than the S500.  And with that 24k bling....

 

S400>ES7>KSC75>Citiscape Downtowns>Brainwavz HM3>Sony MDRZX100>Coby Jammerz>S500

 

I think I'm gonna Gold plate the es7's and throw some of that wire on it too.  (guy didn't reply on the trade to confirm so no go)....double bling bling!

 

The only thing we have in common is a very high ranking for the S400 biggrin.gif

 

I don't know why all this negative vibes about double amping, I've heard the E12 out from an Iphone 4 with LOD and frankly, do not find much differences. In many professional sound stage setups I've seen, double amping is very common.

...and wayne's right ! wink.gif  ...especially when he said the AD900X sounds heavenly thru the E12 jacked into the ELE DAC. (and the ELE does amp the signals)

 

With references to your preferences list, I've only one thing to say !

 

....Your S500 IS BROKEN !    ...either that or you don't have the S500.

post #8965 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

The only thing we have in common is a very high ranking for the S400 biggrin.gif

 

I don't know why all this negative vibes about double amping, I've heard the E12 out from an Iphone 4 with LOD and frankly, do not find much differences. In many professional sound stage setups I've seen, double amping is very common.

...and wayne's right ! wink.gif  ...especially when he said the AD900X sounds heavenly thru the E12 jacked into the ELE DAC. (and the ELE does amp the signals)

 

With references to your preferences list, I've only one thing to say !

 

....Your S500 IS BROKEN !    ...either that or you don't have the S500.

 

^ i know it sounds ironic coming from me, but that fool is just a troll. He don't even own nor has ever heard the S500s but hates it so much that he came up with that ridiculous list. The rest of the rankings seems pretty legit though, but i would put the es7 above the rest, esp. above those lowly S400s. tongue.gif

post #8966 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ i know it sounds ironic coming from me, but that fool is just a troll. He don't even own nor has ever heard the S500s but hates it so much that he came up with that ridiculous list. The rest of the rankings seems pretty legit though, but i would put the es7 above the rest, esp. above those lowly S400s. tongue.gif

I do believe that the pot just called the kettle black biggrin.gif
post #8967 of 26204

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

 

 

 

 


Edited by FarCry - 4/25/13 at 8:28pm
post #8968 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


I do believe that the pot just called the kettle black biggrin.gif

^ Hey stranger things had happened before so................

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

 

^ This meme right here is godly!!!

post #8969 of 26204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

The only thing we have in common is a very high ranking for the S400 biggrin.gif

 

I don't know why all this negative vibes about double amping, I've heard the E12 out from an Iphone 4 with LOD and frankly, do not find much differences. In many professional sound stage setups I've seen, double amping is very common.

...and wayne's right ! wink.gif  ...especially when he said the AD900X sounds heavenly thru the E12 jacked into the ELE DAC. (and the ELE does amp the signals)

 

With references to your preferences list, I've only one thing to say !

 

....Your S500 IS BROKEN !    ...either that or you don't have the S500.

 the ele dac has an amp?  whats the amp?  and if does thats one crappy dac.  

 

I don't know whats worse.... a standalone dac that doesn't have a line out or a amp with no volume control.

 

Not surprising you can't tell the difference if you were using a s500...not detailed enough to hear the difference must be that bloated bass.  wink.gif

 

as for soundstage...I'm guessing you mean the use of pre-amps (essentially an amp with more functions).  Soundstage cordination of different areas usually goes into a pre-amp (kind of like a control center) where certain gains are needed for specifics devices (Device A needs a a certain level of signal that falls between a certain range while device B needs a a different level of signal that falls between another range).  

 

For example (these are just arbitrary numbers): a signal needs to go to a mixer and power amp.   The mixer needs the signal to be at level 1 while the poweramp needs the signal at level 2.  The preamp can take that input signal and set it to level 1 output to the mixer and level 2 for the poweramp.

 

There are more functions a preamp does but thats 1 of the big ones.  It's a convenience thing that allows 1 signal be outputted to many devices at certain levels so that  each device can work optimally.

 

Some people love pre-amps, some purist don't like it and some simply can't tell the difference. (or don't have gear good enough to hear it) rolleyes.gif

 

I think most people would take a very good line signal over headphone outs to feed into the amp.  


Edited by TekeRugburn - 4/25/13 at 9:16pm
post #8970 of 26204

Do the vocals in the CKN70s get as good as the S500s? I like everything better about the CKN70s except the vocals. They're not burned in yet, so I know there will still be dramatic improvement.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!