Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 390

post #5836 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrM View Post

But all the sellers are in China.


I remember seeing some of them are from Hong Kong. Or you can ask them which postal service they are using.

post #5837 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnom View Post

Hmmm, yea
Well, I'm actually on the hunt for some Around ears Headphones... I've always disliked on ear!

All i can think of is upgrading to something like the Ultrasone HFI range, or even the Beyer range.
But they are all so expensive!!!!!

Try some of the Chinese knock offs. Somic is supposedly good and there its some comparisons to senn hd600/650, the superlux varies from Beyer to akg, goldring dr line for the senny hd5x5/8, and then there's takstar/technical pro/gemini, another beyer-ish type. You can get most of those for under 100. Some you can get 2 for a 100. smily_headphones1.gif
post #5838 of 26099
thanks vsls. thats who i was leaning towards too.


kong, im not too worried. when i was in college i bought all my books as the international editons.. they all came from china and singapore. im not too worried. knock on wood. oversees to the US in like a week and half, not a problem with me.
post #5839 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Firstly I would like to say guys that recently purchased the MH1Cs know how they sound. A very nice sound indeed and those also use micro HD drivers in them as well but one of the main complaints was the bass end is boosted for a more consumer friendly sound. This may be true but the strong suit for them is their nice detail. These are no exception. If I was to pick a sound characteristic that fits these CKN50s it would be body. What I mean by this. For being small single drivers these have a full bodied sound to them that is also on the MH1C but here is where the comparisons end and the differences begin. 

 

While there is much to like about the MH1Cs, I have always felt that the mids were lacking, especially female vocals, horns and strings. If, compared to the MH1C, the bass is less flabby and the mids are more forward, than I suspect I might really like these CKN50s. Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions.

post #5840 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExile View Post

Thinking about getting one of these ele dacs. I'm searching on eBay and seeing 16 of them for from 16 different sellers from china. Which seller are you guys getting it from?

 

I purchased from travelinwind. Took around 3 weeks to get to me during Christmas season. I ordered on 11/27 and got it on 12/21-ish. 

post #5841 of 26099
Ah, it would seem that the ELE has finally landed at my post office. I wonder how long they'll be sitting with it before telling me I can pick it up. Longest shipping ever.
post #5842 of 26099
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

that was fantastic! 

 

how you find the fit/comfort and isolation with that design?

 

These fit easier and stays put better than the FXDs and also isolate better than the CKM500. These isolate better than most iems actually..  That ring actually does a good job keeping the earphones in your ears and is very comfy.  These do have some microphonics but is not a deal breaker. You can wear them over ears and it eliminates most of the cord noise.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertek View Post

Just ordered a fiio e07k, Those CKN50 do look good from your review Dsnuts. I am becoming a fan of AT, from the few days I had the ckm50a, than the replacement ckm55 they sent me, which aren't as good , but their products look great. I was thinking about the CKM500 but the CKN50 aren't much more on ebay. 

 

My dad is currently in Japan (Nagoya) for work, I wonder if they would be cheaper out there? He isn't really an audiophile guy so it would be tough to tell him to get something for me lol. 

Have him get one from Japan they only cost like $50 there. You will definitely save much money by buying them there.

post #5843 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by kong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExile View Post

Thinking about getting one of these ele dacs. I'm searching on eBay and seeing 16 of them for from 16 different sellers from china. Which seller are you guys getting it from?


My only recommendation is: stay away from Chinese sellers coz China Post sucks ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong View Post


My only recommendation is: stay away from Chinese sellers coz China Post sucks ;)

But all the sellers are in China.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrM View Post

But all the sellers are in China.


I remember seeing some of them are from Hong Kong. Or you can ask them which postal service they are using.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

Ah, it would seem that the ELE has finally landed at my post office. I wonder how long they'll be sitting with it before telling me I can pick it up. Longest shipping ever.

 

When getting stuff through China Post, you should request your mail to be registered.  The main benefit here is that registered mail is still respected by thieves and/or careless workers in the postal system(s).  You will also have the benefit of a tracking number, which helps for obvious reasons.  You won't have the benefit of a faster delivery.  Your registered mail will go the same route as unregistered mail.  So, you have to be patient.  But, you won't have to wonder if your stuff will be or has been lost (stolen?) in space between point A and point B.

 

For low value stuff the seller might charge you a $2 fee for registering your package.  It is worth it.  If I were to get the ELE DAC, I would not hesitate to pay a $2 fee to make sure that it is me (or I) the one getting the DAC, and not someone else.  HA, HA.

post #5844 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post


Let me help a little here:

 

1)  What is the tracking information shown in this site?:  http://www.17track.net/

 

Click on "English" at the upper right corner to have the info display in English.

 

2)  Was the message you quoted your last communication with the seller or you wrote the seller back after getting that message?

 

Thanks. Here ya go:

 

Results  Unavailable : 0  Transportation : 0  Pick Up : 0  Delivered : 0 Unavailable:0 Transportation:1 Pick Up:0 Delivered:0
RBxxxxxxxxxxCN
(Official website)
Canada View Report 20121215 Opening, 出口总包互封开拆, 上海国际, 20110600 NoInfo destinationTransportation(Search By Destina) DetailCopyMore

 

These are the last three messages:

 

Quote:
As you still not get the item, maybe it get lose or have met with custom issue during shipping. How about we send replacement to you? If you agree, in case you get both 2 parcels finally, will you also keep the second at discount price or just refuse that? Or if you have other idea, please let us know. Looking forward to your news. Thanks.

 

Quote:
Dear travelinwind,
Thanks for the reply. I just checked canada post tracking again now, and it still can't find RBxxxxxxxxxxCN. Seems like it got lost.
What kind of a discount are you thinking of if I were to keep the 2nd one (if it were to arrive)? Also, is there another (better) shipping option?
Thanks

 

Quote:
If you get both how about we offer 25% discount of the second one? Due to the Xmas, the shipping last month is awful, many parcels to Canada get lose or delay a lot. If you need replacement, please inform us, we will do that immediately, or if you could wait another week, please also let us know, we can do discount. Thanks.

 

I'll probably see if it magically arrives this week.

post #5845 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post


Let me help a little here:

 

1)  What is the tracking information shown in this site?:  http://www.17track.net/

 

Click on "English" at the upper right corner to have the info display in English.

 

2)  Was the message you quoted your last communication with the seller or you wrote the seller back after getting that message?

 

Thanks. Here ya go:

 

Results  Unavailable : 0  Transportation : 0  Pick Up : 0  Delivered : 0 Unavailable:0 Transportation:1 Pick Up:0 Delivered:0
RBxxxxxxxxxxCN
(Official website)
Canada View Report 20121215 Opening, 出口总包互封开拆, 上海国际, 20110600 NoInfo destinationTransportation(Search By Destina) DetailCopyMore

 

These are the last three messages:

 

Quote:
As you still not get the item, maybe it get lose or have met with custom issue during shipping. How about we send replacement to you? If you agree, in case you get both 2 parcels finally, will you also keep the second at discount price or just refuse that? Or if you have other idea, please let us know. Looking forward to your news. Thanks.

 

Quote:
Dear travelinwind,
Thanks for the reply. I just checked canada post tracking again now, and it still can't find RBxxxxxxxxxxCN. Seems like it got lost.
What kind of a discount are you thinking of if I were to keep the 2nd one (if it were to arrive)? Also, is there another (better) shipping option?
Thanks

 

Quote:
If you get both how about we offer 25% discount of the second one? Due to the Xmas, the shipping last month is awful, many parcels to Canada get lose or delay a lot. If you need replacement, please inform us, we will do that immediately, or if you could wait another week, please also let us know, we can do discount. Thanks.

 

I'll probably see if it magically arrives this week.

The info that is in Chinese says the following:

 

"Total export package interoperability seal opened in Shanghai International"

 

It seems that your package was officially opened before departure from China.  My best guess is that going that route, it got stuck in traffic and has not left China yet or left China recently and has not arrived to Canada, yet.  I have learned from experience that it is better to avoid having stuff moving (or stuck. HA, HA) through China Post in December and early January.  So, even if you forget about the first package and count on the second one being sent, it might be better to wait a few days before requesting the second unit.


Edited by Alberto01 - 1/7/13 at 8:26pm
post #5846 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

The info that is in Chinese says the following:

 

"Total export package interoperability seal opened in Shanghai International"

 

It seems that your package was officially opened before departure from China.  My best guess is that going that route, it got stuck in traffic and has not left China yet or left China recently and has not arrived to Canada, yet.  I have learned from experience that it is better to avoid having stuff moving (or stuck. HA, HA) through China post in December and early January.  So, even if you forget about the first package and count on the second one being sent, it might be better to wait a few days before requesting the second unit.

 

Wow Alberto, you know your China Post! Thanks.

post #5847 of 26099
So I was browsing around on Aliexpress and came across some IEMs that intrigued me. I doubt I'd go for them, but I'd love to know what they're about. If I'm not mistaken, the shells have "Shure" written on them, but well... biggrin.gif. They look a little jury-rigged with the heat shrinkon the (removable) cable, but otherwise... Maybe some Head-Fiers can translate any information that's in Chinese?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/fashion-headset-headphone-High-quality-Tone-first-class-2011-Best-Selling-earphone-Competitive-games-must-Free/107476_482142841.html
post #5848 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by kong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrM View Post

But all the sellers are in China.


I remember seeing some of them are from Hong Kong. Or you can ask them which postal service they are using.


What he is implying here is that sellers from Hong Kong, even though they are also in China, they can use either Hong Kong Post or China Post.  Seller's at other Chinese locations can only use China Post.  That is interesting.  I would like to know how much better than China Post, Hong Kong Post is.


Edited by Alberto01 - 1/7/13 at 6:36pm
post #5849 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

So I was browsing around on Aliexpress and came across some IEMs that intrigued me. I doubt I'd go for them, but I'd love to know what they're about. If I'm not mistaken, the shells have "Shure" written on them, but well... biggrin.gif. They look a little jury-rigged with the heat shrinkon the (removable) cable, but otherwise... Maybe some Head-Fiers can translate any information that's in Chinese?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/fashion-headset-headphone-High-quality-Tone-first-class-2011-Best-Selling-earphone-Competitive-games-must-Free/107476_482142841.html

They are shure knock offs, seems a good price.

post #5850 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post


What he is implying here is that sellers from Hong Kong, even though they are also in China, they can use either Hong Kong Post or China Post.  Seller's at other Chinese locations can only use China Post.  That is interesting.  I would like to know how much better than China Post, Hong Kong Post is.

I received mine through HK post from a seller based in HK

I can say that this was just OK judging by the period I ordered and that this wasn't a registered mail

Usually I prefer HK sellers for that reason

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!