Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 321

post #4801 of 26198
Those Aune Dac/Amp you posted DS looked pretty amazing. Cant wait for your impressions.
post #4802 of 26198
Thread Starter 

I did a lot of reading on that particular amp. Here is the thread on them. Check out what the OP is saying about the AUNE T1. That is some serious praise. http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-dac-tube-amp-discussion-thread#post_8803350

 

The funny thing is I have read that else where too not just him either. People be impressed with this. Naturally I got curious. I should be getting mine by early next week maybe even before this weekend. I even got that same tube he ended up using with the AUNE T1. In any case I am eager to try that. Now that I have a few DACs and AMPs. I will have a good starting point to compare some different combos. We will see how it is.

post #4803 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Anyone noticed the TDK MA700 yet?

 

 

hf12_tdk_MA700.JPG
MA700
hf12_tdk_MA700_02.JPG
ドライバーの様子
 
 
 
 

So this is why the TDK BA200 is selling as low as $140 now?

post #4804 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

I'm no snob, I ordered both the MH1 and MH1C to check it out.

 

Hmmmm is it made by Sony Japan, Sony Ericsson, or Sony Europe?

 

Sorry kiteki, I just saw your question a few seconds ago. What ClieOS stated...lol. He would know better than me, but the label says Sony Ericsson.

post #4805 of 26198

Long time listener.  First time caller.  ...or something like that.

 

I'm a newbie to this forum, and although I've been following this thread for awhile, I could use some advice.

 

Preface:  I'm not a headphones expert.  I prefer the IEM's (especially for work and the gym).  Most of my "high end" headphone experience is with the Klipsch S4i, which I listen to now.  However, now I'm using my android phone for music, and I require separate volume controls preferably not near the ear; I like the volume control around chest level.

 

Do you think I should try these headphones?  Or does someone have another suggestion?  Sorry if this is a little off topic, but these MH1C seem like a viable alternative (except for the volume control and weird J design), so I thought you experts might offer some validation and/or suggestions.

 

Thanks in advance for your time.

post #4806 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

So this is why the TDK BA200 is selling as low as $140 now?

 

What on earth are those things sticking out of them? blink.gif

post #4807 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post

What on earth are those things sticking out of them? blink.gif
Think those are pegs in a wall holding them up.
post #4808 of 26198

Can anyone compare the Sony MDR-XB90EX to the Brainwavz R1 (bass, mids, treble, soundstage, details)?  thanks

post #4809 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsteeves View Post

Can anyone compare the Sony MDR-XB90EX to the Brainwavz R1 (bass, mids, treble, soundstage, details)?  thanks


I could but I'm lazy and don't feel like sticking that xb90 back in my ear while waiting to sell it.

Enjoying the mh1c too much.

Maybe Ds can chime in.

post #4810 of 26198
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post

Long time listener.  First time caller.  ...or something like that.

 

I'm a newbie to this forum, and although I've been following this thread for awhile, I could use some advice.

 

Preface:  I'm not a headphones expert.  I prefer the IEM's (especially for work and the gym).  Most of my "high end" headphone experience is with the Klipsch S4i, which I listen to now.  However, now I'm using my android phone for music, and I require separate volume controls preferably not near the ear; I like the volume control around chest level.

 

Do you think I should try these headphones?  Or does someone have another suggestion?  Sorry if this is a little off topic, but these MH1C seem like a viable alternative (except for the volume control and weird J design), so I thought you experts might offer some validation and/or suggestions.

 

Thanks in advance for your time.

These sound great for your phone and the mic will work but the only issue with these is how microphonic meaning they emit sound like crazy from the cord. The cord is one of the worst designs I have seen on any earphone. The sound is worth getting these for your work maybe but for the gym. It would drive me nuts to use these for the gym. For the gym I would look into something like a Panasonic HJE350. Perfect for the gym. These for your work or when your not moving around so much will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsteeves View Post

Can anyone compare the Sony MDR-XB90EX to the Brainwavz R1 (bass, mids, treble, soundstage, details)?  thanks

Sub bass is greater on the XB90. More mid bass on the R1s. Stage is similar in width but not as deep as the XB90. R1 has the lesser mids too. More highs over the XB90 but less refined..

post #4811 of 26198
I have a question for you dsnuts...considering I have the cmk500 that you love so much that has a strange v shaped sound signature or recessed mids somehow, and I also see the SHE3580 (from the graph) should sound the same, I take that you love that kind of sound signature. I wanna try the SHE3580 or HA-FX40, are these with the same signature? Are either of these neutral or balanced or a little mid-centric instead? Otherwise do you any other CHEAP discovery I could try? ;P
post #4812 of 26198
Thread Starter 

I don't think the CKM500 has a V sound signature at all. Not my pair anyway. You need to try out one of the new Sony MH1Cs..It is the earphone to have this month that is for certain. I saw some used pairs on the sale forums if you want to save a bit of money.

post #4813 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I don't think the CKM500 has a V sound signature at all. Not my pair anyway. You need to try out one of the new Sony MH1Cs..It is the earphone to have this month that is for certain. I saw some used pairs on the sale forums if you want to save a bit of money.

already ordered them biggrin.gif
post #4814 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

These sound great for your phone and the mic will work but the only issue with these is how microphonic meaning they emit sound like crazy from the cord. The cord is one of the worst designs I have seen on any earphone. The sound is worth getting these for your work maybe but for the gym. It would drive me nuts to use these for the gym. 

 

I've been using these for the gym and jogging next to the creek and I get almost no microphonic noise of any sort. If worn correctly, the cord shouldn't even be moving at all.

The right earphone chord should be resting on your back, or your neck. And the left earphone cord should be clipped on the shirt. In all honesty, the clip isn't even necessary, but helpful. The chord shouldn't be dangling or moving; same with the IEM in your ear. 

 

Not sure how everyone is having problems haha. Is my ear canal design perfect for this IEM? confused_face_2.gif

post #4815 of 26198

Yes.

 

Worst cable design I've come across but I do like the sound coming from them so I will stick with it.  Works fine with cable behind my back until I turn my head and the piece comes out of my ear. 

Too much catch between the rubbery cable and cotton clothes.  A smooth flat plastic cable would be bad but better.  Or I need to break out the plastic shirt. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhL17 View Post
 Is my ear canal design perfect for this IEM? confused_face_2.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!