Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 314

post #4696 of 26064
Thread Starter 

It should be interesting to hear just how well them cheapo dac will play. Hifimediy first impression here.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/626632/tiny-dac-big-sound-impression-of-stoner-acoustics-ud100-vs-odac/135#post_8837442  Sounds legit for a cheapo to me.

 

I like my Fire Pheonix but I like my bravo amp even better. I want a good sounding dac to pair up with it. I have more hopes for the Hifimediy DAC over the Ele hifi dac but who knows. It might be the MP8320 of DACs. We wont know until someone tries it.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/7/12 at 8:34pm
post #4697 of 26064

Funniest thing happened.

I went back to my beloved Denon D2K's this evening after listening to the MH1c for about a week now.

....

....

.......

..........

..............

...................

.......................

............................

................................

....................................

.........................................

...............................................

.......................................................

I'm selling them.

 

Sure. It's not fair comparing an iem to a full size headphone. A good one at that.

D2k's have these iems beat in soundstage and instrument separation and refinement and all that other good technical stuff.

But.

In addition to finding out that what I thought was stellar subbass on the D2k's is nothing compared to what iems can do (cuz their closer to your eardrums and all that good stuff).

In addition.

I prefer the sound signature of this MH1c (and soon to be xba-3).
 

 

On a tangent.

I finally understand the frustration people have with the cable.

Most of my prior listening as while laying in bed or sitting down listening or walking/jogging.
Tried using them while doing chores and all the turning/moving I had to do with my neck made them almost fall out my ears and had to readjust the fit.

Guess I'll be doing the "transform to y-cable" tape mod afterall.


Edited by atomikn00b - 11/7/12 at 10:39pm
post #4698 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

It should be interesting to hear just how well them cheapo dac will play. Hifimediy first impression here.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/626632/tiny-dac-big-sound-impression-of-stoner-acoustics-ud100-vs-odac/135#post_8837442  Sounds legit for a cheapo to me.

 

I like my Fire Pheonix but I like my bravo amp even better. I want a good sounding dac to pair up with it. I have more hopes for the Hifimediy DAC over the Ele hifi dac but who knows. It might be the MP8320 of DACs. We wont know until someone tries it.

the ud100 looks interesting. how usable are these DACs without an amp?

post #4699 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

D2k's...

I'm selling them.

 

Sure. It's not fair comparing an iem to a full size headphone. A good one at that.

D2k's have these iems beat in soundstage and instrument separation and refinement and all that other good technical stuff.

But.

In addition to finding out that what I thought was stellar subbass on the D2k's is nothing compared to what iems can do (cuz their closer to your eardrums and all that good stuff).

In addition.

I prefer the sound signature of this MH1c (and soon to be xba-3).
 

 

WOW!

Good for you, glad you found something worthy and in an IEM no less. And how much le$$ even.

Did I really just read that.

Congratulations are in order there.

 I am sort of having a similar experience with some IEM's ( T-PEOS H-100 )I just got , looking over at some LOTS OF FULLSIZED

STUFF I HAVE and thinking the exact same thing, not many come close to these, and when i get the MH1C's it looks like it will be even worse.

 

On a side note A fella who was a beta tester for the T-PEOS H-100 popped into that thread with some feedback and some interesting news. I'll just quote it here.

Haven't located any of them yet to assess the price of them or availability, but heck worth mentioning. THANKS to Raphael.

 

"

* and hot news : *

And just a few days ago, LG launched new Optiums-G with brand new IEM as bundle.

you can see measurement of Optimus G IEM : ( Golden Ears, Korean articles, read all )

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=2407709

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=2407729"

 

a nice looking waterfall chart.FR seems decent too.

Online translator is your friend on this one


Edited by nick n - 11/8/12 at 1:27am
post #4700 of 26064

I just placed an order for Sony MH1C IEMs. Thanks to this thread. In addition, thanks to someone who managed to inflate the price by 10 USD (50% more than original price) only in two weeks! ;D

 

On a side note, I'm also considering to get cheap IEMs for running and gym. I don't think MH1C will be suitable for that as many Head-Fi'ers having problems with a cable. Or am I wrong?

 

I picked up some candidates and wondering if anyone can comment about them. By the way, price limit is 15 USD, would be perfect if it's under 10$. Any recommendations besides listed below?

 

1. UE 200;

2. JVC Riptidz;

3. audiOHM;

4. Panasonic RPHJE120K;

5. JVC HAEB75.

post #4701 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Const4nt1n3 View Post

I just placed an order for Sony MH1C IEMs. Thanks to this thread. In addition, thanks to someone who managed to inflate the price by 10 USD (50% more than original price) only in two weeks! ;D

 

On a side note, I'm also considering to get cheap IEMs for running and gym. I don't think MH1C will be suitable for that as many Head-Fi'ers having problems with a cable. Or am I wrong?

 

I picked up some candidates and wondering if anyone can comment about them. By the way, price limit is 15 USD, would be perfect if it's under 10$. Any recommendations besides listed below?

 

1. UE 200;

2. JVC Riptidz;

3. audiOHM;

4. Panasonic RPHJE120K;

5. JVC HAEB75.

 

 

Phillips 3580 sounds very good and its better than the 1, 2 and 3.   But the cable is very noise if you gonna use it for running you will need to turn up the volume.

 

 

i am using my Koss KSC75 latley for running,  woooowwww.. so light, so easy to use, also helps me being aware of my sourrandings (sp), and man, they sound absolutly fantastic.


Edited by rickdohc - 11/8/12 at 6:22am
post #4702 of 26064

can sum1 give me the ranking of the earphones below?

fxd80 xba3 fxd70 fxt90 xb90ex adagioIII ckm500 she3580 fxt90

post #4703 of 26064

The FXZ200/100 released Nov. 30. I'm so excited!

post #4704 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

 

 

Phillips 3580 sounds very good and its better than the 1, 2 and 3.   But the cable is very noise if you gonna use it for running you will need to turn up the volume.

 

 

i am using my Koss KSC75 latley for running,  woooowwww.. so light, so easy to use, also helps me being aware of my sourrandings (sp), and man, they sound absolutly fantastic.

 

Thanks for your input. I used to run with KSC75 but didn't like the experience.

 

I see you also have Panasonic HJE120, how would you rate them? If they're decent, I may get them because they're the cheapest. In addition, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't rate UE 200 high, I read many good things about them.


Edited by Const4nt1n3 - 11/8/12 at 7:16am
post #4705 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Const4nt1n3 View Post

I just placed an order for Sony MH1C IEMs. Thanks to this thread. In addition, thanks to someone who managed to inflate the price by 10 USD (50% more than original price) only in two weeks! ;D

 

On a side note, I'm also considering to get cheap IEMs for running and gym. I don't think MH1C will be suitable for that as many Head-Fi'ers having problems with a cable. Or am I wrong?

 

I picked up some candidates and wondering if anyone can comment about them. By the way, price limit is 15 USD, would be perfect if it's under 10$. Any recommendations besides listed below?

 

1. UE 200;

2. JVC Riptidz;

3. audiOHM;

4. Panasonic RPHJE120K;

5. JVC HAEB75.

Philips 3680 series

post #4706 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

Philips 3680 series

 

Did you listen to them? And where to get, looks like Amazon doesn't list it.

post #4707 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Const4nt1n3 View Post

 

Did you listen to them? And where to get, looks like Amazon doesn't list it.

listen to them? of course, they're the ones i use daily, when outside. 

look on ebay. i got mine for ~15 in a week from korea

post #4708 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Const4nt1n3 View Post

 

Thanks for your input. I used to run with KSC75 but didn't like the experience.

 

I see you also have Panasonic HJE120, how would you rate them? If they're decent, I may get them because they're the cheapest. In addition, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't rate UE 200 high, I read many good things about them.

 

 

i would rate them like these,  IMO:

 

3580   8 Points

UE200:   6 points

Riptidz:   5.5 points

Panas 120:  5.3 points

 


IMO, the 3580 are much better than all these cheapos, and by a far margin.

post #4709 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Const4nt1n3 View Post

 

Did you listen to them? And where to get, looks like Amazon doesn't list it.

 

 

3580 and 3680 are reported to sound exactly the same,  check Joe's thread.

post #4710 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

WOW!

Good for you, glad you found something worthy and in an IEM no less. And how much le$$ even.

Did I really just read that.

Congratulations are in order there.

 I am sort of having a similar experience with some IEM's ( T-PEOS H-100 )I just got , looking over at some LOTS OF FULLSIZED

STUFF I HAVE and thinking the exact same thing, not many come close to these, and when i get the MH1C's it looks like it will be even worse.

 

On a side note A fella who was a beta tester for the T-PEOS H-100 popped into that thread with some feedback and some interesting news. I'll just quote it here.

Haven't located any of them yet to assess the price of them or availability, but heck worth mentioning. THANKS to Raphael.

 

"

* and hot news : *

And just a few days ago, LG launched new Optiums-G with brand new IEM as bundle.

you can see measurement of Optimus G IEM : ( Golden Ears, Korean articles, read all )

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=2407709

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=2407729"

 

a nice looking waterfall chart.FR seems decent too.

Online translator is your friend on this one

 

Thanks for the LG Optimus G IEM sound signature! Nice finding there. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!