Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 279

post #4171 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Which one would I get?

For bass lovers. EDM/ HIP HOP fans. The R1  Balanced with a big bass end

For detail guys that love their highs/ sparkle with their sound The FX31 U shape sound but nice detail and clarity

For guys that want a great sounding do it all phone w  mic device that can play all your music.Nicely balanced solid sound.  For $20 it is a no brainer if you own a Smart phone. Just tested the mic out. Works very nice on my LG optimus.

Hmmm,

Ok so is the FX101 bassier than the R1?

and the R1 is bassier than the MH1C

so that means that the MH1C is way less bassier than the FX101!
Hmm, seems like still a great buy, and I just love looking at that $20 IEM so high up in ClieOS Multi-IEM review!

But I also love my BASS!

post #4172 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post


The fx1x has a big bass,so it could be bad seal, try al 3 sizes and try to insert the deep inside your ear canal. Seal = bass
I think they come with foam tips, try those.

Hey thanks for your reply. Thats what im wondering, both of my FX1X and F101X didnt come with any  foam tips. Only rubber tips (is that what you call?). Oh so you mean put in deeper? I'm using the biggest size that is provided as i thought i could get higher bass vibration if i use a bigger tips. Oh god, 3 size of the tips doesnt fit really well like my Marley do. 

 

Can recommend me any good tips please? And seriously the bass a bit disappointing T.T

post #4173 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnom View Post

Hmmm,
Ok so is the FX101 bassier than the R1?
and the R1 is bassier than the MH1C
so that means that the MH1C is way less bassier than the FX101!

Hmm, seems like still a great buy, and I just love looking at that $20 IEM so high up in ClieOS Multi-IEM review!
But I also love my BASS!



Almost sure your sonys's has more and better bass than the fx101, skip them, no need.
Get the mh1c, seems they are better al arounders.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/27/12 at 2:52pm
post #4174 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxism View Post

Hey thanks for your reply. Thats what im wondering, both of my FX1X and F101X didnt come with any  foam tips. Only rubber tips (is that what you call?). Oh so you mean put in deeper? I'm using the biggest size that is provided as i thought i could get higher bass vibration if i use a bigger tips. Oh god, 3 size of the tips doesnt fit really well like my Marley do. 

Can recommend me any good tips please? And seriously the bass a bit disappointing T.T

No, bigger tips does not mean more bass, its all about perfect seal and that depends of the inside diameter of ur ear canals, thats why 3 size tips are provided.

Start with mediums, if it doesnt work try the tips of the marleys on the jvc's. Remmber, insert deep in your ear canal.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/27/12 at 2:58pm
post #4175 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post


No, bigger tips does not mean more bass, its all about perfect seal and that depends of the inside diameter of ur ear canals, thats why 3 size tips are provided.
Start with mediums, if it doesnt work try the tips of the marleys on the jvc's. Remmber, insert deep in your ear canal.

ok before i try that out, 1 question, do you think my Marley can produce higher bass than both the FX1X and FX101? because from what i listen Marley has higher bass. But of course my Marley have been using for a year i think and the other was new.

 

Sorry should not say higher bass, more vibrating bass. (My ears will be shaking if i'm on Marley)


Edited by Voxism - 10/27/12 at 3:09pm
post #4176 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxism View Post

ok before i try that out, 1 question, do you think my Marley can produce higher bass than both the FX1X and FX101? because from what i listen Marley has higher bass. But of course my Marley have been using for a year i think and the other was new.

Sorry should not say higher bass, more vibrating bass. (My ears will be shaking if i'm on Marley)


Sorry mate, not heard those marleys, i dont even know about them. Maybe whe should try those marleys biggrin.gif
Edited by rickdohc - 10/27/12 at 3:26pm
post #4177 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

You won't regret getting the FXD70 at all. You are gonna love em. Look at those FXD70s as a iem version of your HA-S500. After getting your FXDs. Your R1s aren't gonna sound as good however.

 

Which is why I am listening to and enjoying my r1's right  now... before I get my fxd70's in to spoil the r1 party lol. I've got to say though, I am really enjoying these r1's. Even though in my books it was a bit crazy to get them (let alone them and the mh1c's lol) when I have the fxd70's coming, I can see that the r1's may very well find a place in my ears when I'm at the gym. As I said in the r1 thread:

Quote:
I normally use my senn px100ii at the gym because the bass deals with outside sound well - or so I thought! I can't use them now at the gym after using the r1's. The r1's isolate very well, and the lush sound and bass is perfect for the gym environment.

 

It was funny.... when I took out the r1's out and put on the px100ii's, I couldn't believe how much noise I could hear. Absolutely zero isolation. What was I thinking? I must have been listening to radio station K.N.O.B lol! Anyway, I quickly put back in the r1's and went back to enjoying my music in a noisy environment.

 

But not only that, I am completely enjoying the sound coming out of the r1's. So no matter how much better the fxd70's might end up being, I'm pretty sure that I will still be able to enjoy the r1's at the gym, and therefore be happy with that dsnuts-taneous  purchase.

 

For some reason, I think that I will also be happy with the mh1c purchase considering they only cost $20. Nice to have a giant-killer iem as backup :)

post #4178 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post


Almost sure your sonys's has more and better bass than the fx101, skip them, no need.
Get the mh1c, seems they are better al arounders.

If your talking about the XB90EX 'Sonys' I don't have those,

But if you're talking about the MH1C then thats awesome!

post #4179 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post


That was i thought and the reason i didnt bought those r1, maybe i will buy the hmc just because they are cheap and i can use them in my galaxy or donate them to my wife as she spends all day driving , other than that i am not needing any other iem in a while, those fxd are crazy good and i am planning a huge updgrade over them. $$$$$$
Wayne, you just wait for those fxd70, burn them a complete week 7x24 and get ready, also i think you sould spend in a good dac like the fire phoenix, mines should be at home these monday biggrin.gif

 

Yeah, I maybe could have resisted the r1's if I had already had my fxd70's. The slow ebay shipping from japan is costing me lol! Fortunately though as per my last post, I am not regretting the r1's at this point at all. Nor the mh1c for that matter - I'm sure they will be giant killers and will probably end up in Doc's giant killer thread.

 

As far as your fire phoenix is concerned, I can read the future, and I see that you are going to be elated with it. You will be espousing positive exuberance towards it, and because you almost have the same effect on me as dsnuts, I am afraid of you also. Therefore I will be sure not to read your fire phoenix impressions LOL!

post #4180 of 26099
Thread Starter 

What these little things?

700

Cuz one is never enough.

post #4181 of 26099
Hey dsnuts , did you say the FAD Adagio 3 sounds like the pioneer HDJ500?
post #4182 of 26099
Thread Starter 

The reason why they remind me of Pioneers is because they have big energy in the sounds like the Pioneers. The Pioneers is more of a v shaped house sound but the energy is very similar. The stage is massive and for earphones they sound like full sized headphones. Which is unique among earphones. And out of all my earphones these are really tip dependent. With a tip change I can make these sound like they have full subs in the tuning. The bass is great by the way. These definitely move a lot of air. I will post some more impressions about them. They are similar to the CKS earphones in stage both in depth and width. A different tuning. The mids are in your face too. An aggressive sound that was unexpected. It has the club in your head feel to it much like the Pioneers. They are burning in nicely on my new Bravo amp..

 

This amp is killer by the way. If anyone is thinking about trying out tube amp. Go for it. They sound amazing just with my DAPs.


Edited by Dsnuts - 10/27/12 at 5:26pm
post #4183 of 26099
DS

Does that amp makes noise or do you got hum noise if you have it placed close to the FP or computer? I want to have it on my desktop close to the FP and my laptop.

Also, are using the stock chiness tube? What tube does it use? Thanks
post #4184 of 26099
Thread Starter 

It uses a Chinese tube 12Au7. There is another tube these guys use on their V3 version that is supposed to have a beefy bass end to it. This tube being more of a neutral sound. This Bravo Ocean is the companies flag ship meaning they put their best tech into this amp. Their other offerings look like this

700

700

This is the Bravo V3. Bassy tube amp with harware eQ. Only $89 or so. I thought about this one but I went for their flag ship. I like the idea of having the housing being a heat sink. Dissipates heat nicely. No hiss whatsoever. It has been running ever since this morning. I am testing out a variety of my cans and earphones and so far I have to say I am very impressed with the sound of this amp..

 

  • This is a beautiful looking Tube Class A Headphone Amplifier with Aluminum case.
  • Ocean has 2 x input port:
    3.5mm jack
    RCA jacks
    you can use either of them connect to audio source (ipod, laptop, iphone etc)
  • Ocean has 3 x output port :
    3.5mm jack
    6.35mm jack
    RCA jacks
    you can use either of them connect to Headphone (3.5 or 6.35mm) or power amp (RCA jacks)
  • As Bravo Ocean is pure class A amp, the aluminum casing is used as heat sink, so the case is hot when working. it's normal, please dont worry.
  • FAQ:
    Q: This Amp only has only 1 Tube, how can I amplifier stereo signal?
    A: There are 2 triode in this Tube (12AU7), It's just like dual core CPU in your PC. So both channels were get amplifiered by the Tube.
  • Specification:
    In Put Power: DC24V
    Input Sensitivity: 100mV
    Input Impedance: 100KOhm
    Out-Put Impedance: 20~600 Ohm
    Gain: 30dB
    Frequency response: 10Hz-60KHz +/- 0.25dB
    Signal/Noise Ratio: >90dB
    Dynamic range: 84.6dBA(300 ohm) 89.8dBA(33 ohm)
    THD: 0.016%(300 ohm) 0.45%(33 ohm)
    IMD + Noise: 0.045(300 ohm) 0.42(33ohm)
    Dimension: 115mm (D) X 82mm (W) X 78mm (H)
    Shipping Weight: 850 g
  • What's in Package:
    1 x Bravo Ocean Headphone Amplifier

    1 x Brand new Shuguang 12AU7 tube

    1 x Switching Power Supply Universal AC 100V-240V / 50~60Hz to 24V DC 1A out put
    (Auto-Detect International Compatible)

Edited by Dsnuts - 10/27/12 at 5:21pm
post #4185 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

It uses a Chinese tube 12Au7. There is another tube these guys use on their V3 version that is supposed to have a beefy bass end to it. This tube being more of a neutral sound. This Bravo Ocean is the companies flag ship meaning they put their best tech into this amp.

 The 12AU7 is an amplifier tube that has been around for at least 50 years......and some good NOS 12AU7's can still be had.  You can tube roll easily with that one!  Chineese tubes are gaining in quality but you can do better, as in anything else!  Would like to hear some comparisons on this little amp vs others in this price category!  Very interesting, thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!