Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 1757

post #26341 of 26353
Speaking of JVCs, apparently there will be an even higher end JVC woodie, the FX1200. Here are the pics posted by my local headphone store's Facebook page.




Not much info about it yet. Price is unknown, though the store estimates it to be in the $600 range. Expect it to be officially announced soon. As a fan of the FX850, I'm really excited to see how this would turn out!
Edited by lalala6 - Yesterday at 7:05 am
post #26342 of 26353
Just look like a different cable and internal soldering...love it will have L-plug 😁
post #26343 of 26353
Definitely interested in the new updated fx1200 plus the Sony xbah5 and xba100 😊
post #26344 of 26353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Just look like a different cable and internal soldering...love it will have L-plug 😁

 

Yep, like the FX800, the FX1200 is not on the Japan site as of now. Better maybe but I wouldn't get it if you have an 850. Just get a good cable of your choosing. The 850 is about $300 now plus the cost of a cable(that you can have built custom to your needs) and pocket the rest. $600 is pricey and they mention making affordable choices in the description??? Not sure the cable is that good or just a good choice for profit. I don't see the cable using the better solder, just the little bit in the earphones, which minimizes improvement if the cable before it(which has more solder points) doesn't use it as well.

 

What is high grade sense wood taste? Actual better wood or just a "sense" of it meaning looks nicer but does not help the sound?

 

A nice quad braided cable with smaller stems, a RA plug, choice of length, and sheathing, that uses better solder and sounds better can probably had for what you are essential paying for that cable and that cable is probably worth as much as a FiiO cable. Unless there are other real differences I'd love to see this compared to an FX850 with a FiiO SE cable on it.

 

Nice find though!


Edited by jant71 - Yesterday at 12:51 pm
post #26345 of 26353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

Yep, like the FX800, the FX1200 is not on the Japan site as of now. Better maybe but I wouldn't get it if you have an 850. Just get a good cable of your choosing. The 850 is about $300 now plus the cost of a cable(that you can have built custom to your needs) and pocket the rest. $600 is pricey and they mention making affordable choices in the description??? Not sure the cable is that good or just a good choice for profit. I don't see the cable using the better solder, just the little bit in the earphones, which minimizes improvement if the cable before it(which has more solder points) doesn't use it as well.

What is high grade sense wood taste? Actual better wood or just a "sense" of it meaning looks nicer but does not help the sound?

A nice quad braided cable with smaller stems, a RA plug, choice of length, and sheathing, that uses better solder and sounds better can probably had for what you are essential paying for that cable and that cable is probably worth as much as a FiiO cable. Unless there are other real differences I'd love to see this compared to an FX850 with a FiiO SE cable on it.

Nice find though!

Perhaps the FX1200 will use a more refined driver, who knows? What you said assumes that the FX1200 will use the exact same driver as the FX850, which obviously will not be the case if you look at the FX650/750/850. They all have different drivers, with each model increment having a better, more refined driver. The cable does not make all of the difference.

That said, what I posted is incomplete information, so do not judge it too quickly. Wait until it is officially announced. Also, the pricing is not confirmed, the $600 is just a total guesstimate by the headphone store. But since this will be JVC's reference flagship woodie, it would make sense for it to be more expensive than the FX850, wouldn't it? wink.gif

Can't wait for more info about the FX1200! smily_headphones1.gif
post #26346 of 26353
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala6 View Post


Perhaps the FX1200 will use a more refined driver, who knows? What you said assumes that the FX1200 will use the exact same driver as the FX850, which obviously will not be the case if you look at the FX650/750/850. They all have different drivers, with each model increment having a better, more refined driver. The cable does not make all of the difference.

That said, what I posted is incomplete information, so do not judge it too quickly. Wait until it is officially announced. Also, the pricing is not confirmed, the $600 is just a total guesstimate by the headphone store. But since this will be JVC's reference flagship woodie, it would make sense for it to be more expensive than the FX850, wouldn't it? wink.gif

Can't wait for more info about the FX1200! smily_headphones1.gif

And if it loses to the xba-z5...

 

I wonder how the crowd will react.

post #26347 of 26353
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

And if it loses to the xba-z5...

I wonder how the crowd will react.

Haha, that would sure be an interesting comparison. Having heard a Z5 for myself, I'm curious on how the FX1200 would fare.
post #26348 of 26353
I want both and will try to get a hold of them 😁
post #26349 of 26353

Send them to Blue Jeans Cables and get them ultrasonically welded, then there will be NO solder. they do cables why not cans? Might toast the driver though

post #26350 of 26353
http://kennerton.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

😁
post #26351 of 26353

lalala6 that chart you posted indicates that the new woodie will have the same driver as the FX850. The only thing different between the two are highlighted in black. I think jant71 is on to something. As for cables not making a difference in sound, I have the Fiio cable. There is clearly a difference in sound from the stock cable (a more balanced sound with the bass tamed some using the Fiio). 

post #26352 of 26353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

lalala6 that chart you posted indicates that the new woodie will have the same driver as the FX850. The only thing different between the two are highlighted in black. I think jant71 is on to something. As for cables not making a difference in sound, I have the Fiio cable. There is clearly a difference in sound from the stock cable (a more balanced sound with the bass tamed some using the Fiio). 

the Filo cable sounds great with the FX850!!(Or visa versa!)

post #26353 of 26353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

lalala6 that chart you posted indicates that the new woodie will have the same driver as the FX850. The only thing different between the two are highlighted in black. I think jant71 is on to something. As for cables not making a difference in sound, I have the Fiio cable. There is clearly a difference in sound from the stock cable (a more balanced sound with the bass tamed some using the Fiio). 

Ah I see, you're right. Hopefully the same 11mm driver will have a more refined tuning (being optimistic here). I did not meant that cables won't make a difference in sound, I meant that there are other factors besides cables that will make a difference in sound. Yes, I have the FiiO cable too and can attest to the difference in sound. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!