Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 1706

post #25576 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

DOOOOONE!!WOOOOOT!!

 

Haha Ramelia... many tears were shed when I heard that live!
Too bad I've overplayed it now :(

post #25577 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post


I would love to get the large tips.... What's the best way to order if you live in the UK?

Tenso.  http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/buy/address.html#amazonjp

post #25578 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

My friend has literally shorted out cables on all of his IEMs. So he's looking for a pair around $100 that has detachable cables. Any suggestions?

If you are handy with an iron and wire strippers, you can make any IEM or can into one with detachable cables.
post #25579 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

COULDNT or wouldn't wait, i ordered b\my lunashop upgrade cable this morning!  now for slow wait for delivery from hong kong...to new mexico...

 

Got it today ($40 silver plated cable from lunashops for IM03/IM50)!!!  Just took a bunch of pictures and will post a review in the next day or two in IM0x thread ;)

 

As an early impression: amazing build quality, snappy connectors with a perfect fit, soft cable shield (no springy effect), cable feels strong, goes over you ears without a need for ear hook guides and stays around your ear thanks to a chin slider, hardly any microphonics effect.  Sound quality - DEFINITE improvement!  But I would consider it more appropriate for IM03 rather than IM50.  With IM03 (using UE900 tips) the sound gets brighter, like a veil lifted off (and IM03 with a stock cable is great to begin with), you hear more definition and details in sound across the entire frequency range.  The change is not just subtle, but actually noticeable.  But improvement with IM50 (using hybrid tips) wasn't as tolerable for my taste because of a very simple reason - overwhelming bass. IM50 has enhanced bass to begin with, but now it's borderline basshead quantity.  You get the same enhanced details but sub-bass became a little too much for me which took away focus from upper mids.  Still well controlled bass without spilling over, but just a bit too overpowering.

 

Will do more listening and some burn in (from my experience, cable goes through some burn in settling as well), and then will post my final thoughts about it.

post #25580 of 26050
Anybody having a habit of checking the polarity of after-market cables?before using them....
post #25581 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

Anybody having a habit of checking the polarity of after-market cables?before using them....
Derp
Edited by Exesteils - 7/22/14 at 3:42am
post #25582 of 26050

Did myself a favor and bought the new Fidelio X2

 

Should be here, on my desk in this week :bigsmile_face:

 

Also about to buy a HD600.

 

My wallet didn't feel light this much :)))  I think I am going to burn some cardboard HP and iem boxes to heat myself in the upcoming winter time :o


Edited by Baycode - 7/22/14 at 2:27am
post #25583 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post
 

Did myself a favor and bought the new Fidelio X2

 

Should be here, on my desk in this week :bigsmile_face:

 

Also about to buy a HD600.

 

My wallet didn't feel light this much :)))  I think I am going to burn some cardboard HP and iem boxes to heat myself in the upcoming winter time :o

Fidelio X... 2? Where?

post #25584 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Fidelio X... 2? Where?

 

Couldn't find it on the planet except Istanbul/Turkey :veryevil:

post #25585 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post
 

 

Couldn't find it on the planet except Istanbul/Turkey :veryevil:

:O Do let us know how they sound!

post #25586 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

Anybody having a habit of checking the polarity of after-market cables?before using them....

I do with a multimeter ever since my first TF10 cable arrived reverse polarity. The eBay cable makers often (with cheap labour) mould the plastic ear hoops the wrong way. So in some cases it wasn't the person who soldered it.
post #25587 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I do with a multimeter ever since my first TF10 cable arrived reverse polarity. The eBay cable makers often (with cheap labour) mould the plastic ear hoops the wrong way. So in some cases it wasn't the person who soldered it.

Yes not 100% AM cables are polarity matched as the respective mfr's.....

TY H20 for the response.....tongue.gif
post #25588 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

I do. They aren't always accurate on sound, as cable pairings can be as volatile as Amps or sources, but knowing their build quality, variations between batches and even customer feedback is good to know beforehand.

Ok yeah sure...hope you have'nt faced any polarity mis-matches in any cables.....

TY Exesteils,for the response.....smile.gif
post #25589 of 26050
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

 

Got it today ($40 silver plated cable from lunashops for IM03/IM50)!!!  Just took a bunch of pictures and will post a review in the next day or two in IM0x thread ;)

 

As an early impression: amazing build quality, snappy connectors with a perfect fit, soft cable shield (no springy effect), cable feels strong, goes over you ears without a need for ear hook guides and stays around your ear thanks to a chin slider, hardly any microphonics effect.  Sound quality - DEFINITE improvement!  But I would consider it more appropriate for IM03 rather than IM50.  With IM03 (using UE900 tips) the sound gets brighter, like a veil lifted off (and IM03 with a stock cable is great to begin with), you hear more definition and details in sound across the entire frequency range.  The change is not just subtle, but actually noticeable.  But improvement with IM50 (using hybrid tips) wasn't as tolerable for my taste because of a very simple reason - overwhelming bass. IM50 has enhanced bass to begin with, but now it's borderline basshead quantity.  You get the same enhanced details but sub-bass became a little too much for me which took away focus from upper mids.  Still well controlled bass without spilling over, but just a bit too overpowering.

 

Will do more listening and some burn in (from my experience, cable goes through some burn in settling as well), and then will post my final thoughts about it.


Just to add, since it was mentioned to check polarity (L/R) mismatch to verify new cable.  Just checked 3.5mm connector T (tip, Left ch), R (ring, Right ch), S (sleeve, GND) against 2pin keyed connectors of IM series (left pin signal, right pin ground).  Everything matches perfectly in this lunashops cable.  Furthermore, going from original cable to a new silver-plated cable, the impedance went down from 0.9 ohm to 0.6 ohm, pure wire results in lower resistance, obviously.

 

After a few hours of burn in with IM03, my impressions in sound improvement are still the same as before.  Though a sound is brighter now, without pushing toward sibilance, I think the biggest impact is in low frequency improvement with a sharper attack of mid-bass, and more rumble in sub-bass.  If anything, sub-bass is where it benefits the most with additional dimension to it's texture.  Also, the same improvement was a bit overwhelming in IM50 where sub-bass got a little too much for my taste.

post #25590 of 26050
TY twister6!.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!