Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 1513

post #22681 of 26177

how would the 323 compare to other budget phones?... say the pistons?


Edited by daveyostrow - 3/1/14 at 7:04pm
post #22682 of 26177
OK, back to Dogwalk Discoveries, Pt 2: I'm no Hip Hop expert, but seems to me Kanye West is among the most original Hip Hop artists...the things he puts together are amazing (did I mention he's incredibly foul mouthed...)

Y'know, after listening to the lyrics Kanye spouts, which are acceptable for pop music todays, the post I removed earlier seems much tamer, here it is...The Clovers from 1954. If you listen and don't pay attention to the lyrics, it could be proto-doo wop, which I guess it is: The Clovers went on to heve many hits, the most famous "Love Potion #9". I love this!!!



Lastly, Petra Haden, doing a multi-tracked (of herself singing), accapella version of the Superman theme, including lyrics...


Last one for now, since we're on an accapella roll, 1 more Petra Haden cover, the Who, all parts sung by Petra, big hit in the late 60's
post #22683 of 26177
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

OK, back to Dogwalk Discoveries, Pt 2: I'm no Hip Hop expert, but seems to me Kanye West is among the most original Hip Hop artists...the things he puts together are amazing (did I mention he's incredibly foul mouthed...)

Y'know, after listening to the lyrics Kanye spouts, which are acceptable for pop music todays, the post I removed earlier seems much tamer, here it is...

^

... a good producer yes, and an average at best rapper but is wayyyyyy overrated. Don't get the hype on the dood tbh. His best stuff for me was his 1st couple of albums, now is just twi-hard meh stuff.

 

... so damn creative with it. O.O

 

... Happy holidayz. : P

 

... this MV i can't even..... so BOSS!!! :cool:

 

 

.... nuff said. T_T

post #22684 of 26177
Dontbknow bout that, SF, certainly no Hip Hop expert, but the things he throws together, to my ears, are just incredible (if that's just being producer, OK, but I think that is where the music is at...). Having grown up with pop CLASSICS like "Yummy YummyYummy, I Got Love In My Tummy", "Surfing' Bird" (one of the best songs ever written...ask Family Guy), "Blue Suede Shoes" (I could go on for hours), I can dig great music even if the lyric is lame (to a point...). Have a harder time if that's reversed...great lyrics with boring music. Usually can't get a handle on it without something good happening in the music.
post #22685 of 26177
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Dontbknow bout that, SF, certainly no Hip Hop expert, but the things he throws together, to my ears, are just incredible (if that's just being producer, OK, but I think that is where the music is at...). Having grown up with pop CLASSICS like "Yummy YummyYummy, I Got Love In My Tummy", "Surfing' Bird" (one of the best songs ever written...ask Family Guy), "Blue Suede Shoes" (I could go on for hours), I can dig great music even if the lyric is lame (to a point...). Have a harder time if that's reversed...great lyrics with boring music. Usually can't get a handle on it without something good happening in the music.


^ The guy is no doubt a good producer (although still overrated there), but at rapping ehhh no. But he does know how to mix it up and create buzz/ controversy if you will, hence why all the media play/ hype on him. It is true that he knows how to package his stuff and appeal to the mainstream masses, so his style is more "pop rap" that can be more easily digested by the mainstream. 

 

But there are TONs of more talented artists worldwide that are MUCH MUCH better than him that can rap as well as produce. It's just that mainstream media doesn't really appreciate true talent but simply over hype certain "artists" due to their supposed clout/ fame, etc.  El-P for example is an amazing producer and rapper yet doesn't remotely  get as much love/ shine as most wack mainstream acts, and same goes for underground atcs such as The Quiett from Korea. 

 

So in essence i kinda agree with you there doc that Kanye is unique by "pop" standards but it is not that high of a standard anyways so......

post #22686 of 26177
Really dig the posts, SF...but makes my point to some extent...hard to know how good the rapping is in the non English (Korean?) tracks, though the mix with English is fun, and they certainly are sharp rhythmically. Really liked Leessang, but seemed to me more pop with rap spicing (most kiddie pop groups sport a rapper to make the squeaky clean music more street). The Christmas one sported interesting message and attitude. But the backing tracks all sounded to me like they could have been done in the 80's (not a bad thing, great sounds, but makes a musical mind who doesn't just throw a rap over Chic background tracks of mo interest (hey, but I mostly listen to jazz, alternative, Americana, so I'm no expert, and wouldn't claim to be...)
Fun listen, love hearing tracks that people find speak to them!
post #22687 of 26177
Typing on an iPad, which is slow as s***, so you beat me to the next post, but I'll check out the artists you mentioned...
post #22688 of 26177
Listened to EE-P and The Quiett on YouTube,heavy beats, pretty cool, like them..
post #22689 of 26177
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

how would the 323 compare to other budget phones?... say the pistons?
sorry I have not tried that IEM. I would say it is better than the few JVC's I have owned Luke the FXT90, FX40, plus thew few lower end Sony's I have owned.
post #22690 of 26177

So my sister's birthday is coming up soon and she wants a new pair of IEMs. What are the recommendations for the best around $100 or less? Right now I'm considering the RE-400, Monster Gratitude, ATH-IM70/50, and FAD Heaven II. I'm tentatively thinking about getting her the Fostex TE-05 but that's a bit more expensive. Thanks!

post #22691 of 26177
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Typing on an iPad, which is slow as s***, so you beat me to the next post, but I'll check out the artists you mentioned...


^ haha no worries..................

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Really dig the posts, SF...but makes my point to some extent...hard to know how good the rapping is in the non English (Korean?) tracks, though the mix with English is fun, and they certainly are sharp rhythmically. Really liked Leessang, but seemed to me more pop with rap spicing (most kiddie pop groups sport a rapper to make the squeaky clean music more street). The Christmas one sported interesting message and attitude. But the backing tracks all sounded to me like they could have been done in the 80's (not a bad thing, great sounds, but makes a musical mind who doesn't just throw a rap over Chic background tracks of mo interest (hey, but I mostly listen to jazz, alternative, Americana, so I'm no expert, and wouldn't claim to be...)
Fun listen, love hearing tracks that people find speak to them!

^ See doc that is what's so great about music cuz it literally transcends ANY and ALL barriers, ie: language, racial, religious, etc etc. Hey i don't understand a word of Korean myself but if i hear good schiit that has passion and comes from the soul that speaks to me i don't care what genre, language or whatever it is. Good music is good music and is simple as that. haha

 

And yeppp Leesang is more mainstream pop rap in style and they are crazy popular in Korean despite having their roots in underground Korean Hip Hop scene. But their music is more like spoken word/ poetry in kpop format. You gonna make a living somehow and spitting that boring spoken word/ poetry ain't gonna pay the bills. : P

 

Not really taking it too seriously and am not even a fan of this dood, but he seems to be swaggering the Fff out.... LMAO

.... Swings is killin' it of late, might even have to DL his latest stuff. haha :triportsad: Great MV and production value tbh.

 

 

Oh man doc you has got to check out Loptimist, the guy is CRAZY with the productions cuz it's like a mix of Latin jazz, salsa, and all sorts of genres. Probably not the best track from him but there are English verses in it. haha

 

 

 

Oh man and this one you can just feel it's from the gut, dat passion!!!

 

See this is why i guess i love hip hop so much cuz it's literally like a fusion of EVERY genre and nothing is off limits. This Bruce Lee's quote says it best:

 

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless - like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into bottle, it becomes the bottle....... Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."  : P

 

PREACH!!! Hip hop is nothing yet is everything. :blink:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #22692 of 26177
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Listened to EE-P and The Quiett on YouTube,heavy beats, pretty cool, like them..

^ ahaha FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT CHECK OUT THE QUIETT'S MORE RECENT STUFF!!! ESP. WHEN DOK2 is featured. LMAO

 

When you see the name Dok2 run the hell away!!! Guy is an amazing producer just like Kanye but content is even more schiit than Kanye smh. Stupid "Dirty South" music whatever that is. LMAO

 

The Quietts old stuff is freaken timeless. A complete hip hop artist that can rap amazingly as well as produce.

 

El-P stuff is crazy, just recently getting into him as well. haha :triportsad:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post
 

So my sister's birthday is coming up soon and she wants a new pair of IEMs. What are the recommendations for the best around $100 or less? Right now I'm considering the RE-400, Monster Gratitude, ATH-IM70/50, and FAD Heaven II. I'm tentatively thinking about getting her the Fostex TE-05 but that's a bit more expensive. Thanks!

^ HOW 'BOUT DEM TEAC ZE-1000. :normal_smile :

 

The ATH IM70s is probably the best for gifting tbh, but the TE-05 would be amazing no doubt if you can stretch your budget.


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/1/14 at 11:40pm
post #22693 of 26177
The more I listen to the MDREX100 the more I am enjoying them. I actually like them more than some of the slightly higher end Sony's I have tried. They lack some of the detail of the 323 but their smooth lush sound is very enjoyable and a bit less fatiguing. Listening to Heart as I write and am enjoying them quite a bit. I picked these up on sale at Future Shop for $20 and feel they are a solid buy at that price.
post #22694 of 26177
Have the AT's and Gratitudes, like both, won't go wrong, I'd lean toward the Gratitudes, big fan of them...if you give the TE-05, you're the best sister EVER!!!! (got them on order so can't comment on sound yet).
OK, gotta crash...listen to sweet tunes thru w3 tonight, night night...
post #22695 of 26177
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

how would the 323 compare to other budget phones?... say the pistons?

I gave some burned pistons away as gifts and from the quick A/B before packing I liked the 323 more. It has sharper, more refined treble. With the Moshi Hybrids it has a nice deep bass that isn't to boomy, but doesn't lack body. Keep in mind that I am selling a $150 dual-driver because I find myself using the K323 more than it. Check my signature for some other comparisons.
Edited by Vain III - 3/2/14 at 12:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!