Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 1508

post #22606 of 26064
Go for the organic route 😎😍
post #22607 of 26064
DS, which do you prefer more, the new JVC or your 1540's and what is the difference making sonically? Which sounds more expansive and detailed?
post #22608 of 26064
Ds didn't have to convince me much as I knew the goodness of the fx700. Once he said mids aren't recessed it was bought. I'll see it next week hopefully. I'm only curious about how it competes with the H3. The H3 is really ringing my bell (especially when amped).
Edited by ericp10 - 2/28/14 at 10:49am
post #22609 of 26064
With regards to the FX850, will the street price in Japan (retail store) be necessarily cheaper than buying maybe Amazon Japan.
post #22610 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Go for the organic route

 

I did...was a hard click this time. Hopefully they're as epic as you say :o

post #22611 of 26064

Has anybody compared TE-05 to DN-1000?

post #22612 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

anyone heard both the MartinLogan Mikros 90 and yamaha HPH200?

I have both.  HPH-200 has a lot more bass quantity than Mikros 90, but doesn't sound as detailed.  This is straight out of laptop.  If amped, from what I've read, it would seem that Mikros 90 is better.

 

I'm still burning in both before I decide which one I like more for my music genres (pop and rock).

post #22613 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

I have both.  HPH-200 has a lot more bass quantity than Mikros 90, but doesn't sound as detailed.  This is straight out of laptop.  If amped, from what I've read, it would seem that Mikros 90 is better.

 

I'm still burning in both before I decide which one I like more for my music genres (pop and rock).

 

You should also do the Mikros bass mods before deciding.

post #22614 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Rs didn't have to convince me much as I knew the goodness of the fx700. Once he said mids aren't recessed it was bought. I'll see it next week hopefully. I'm only curious about how it competes with the H3. The H3 is really ringing my bell (especially when amped).

 

Glad you're getting them. Should be very interesting!

 

@DannyBai , you buckling as well?

post #22615 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

You should also do the Mikros bass mods before deciding.

I need to as well. My M90's may actually be defective, because I'm not being wowed by them anywhere near as much as everyone else seems to be.

post #22616 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I need to as well. My M90's may actually be defective, because I'm not being wowed by them anywhere near as much as everyone else seems to be.

Haha, I have the same thought about my M90s, but I'm attributing it to not having burned in for 200 hrs and not amping.

post #22617 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Haha, I have the same thought about my M90s, but I'm attributing it to not having burned in for 200 hrs and not amping.

They do need a lot of juice, so amping I can see. I feed them into a solid state and tube amp each with 1000mW, and they do get better, but not drastically.

 

The 200+ hours burn in claim is hearsay. If it can't be measured, it's subjective per individual. 

post #22618 of 26064

Just received the Astrotec AX-30, used.  I was expecting a lot of bass, but they have less bass than the Tenore, Gratitude, and Fidelio S2.  Is this to be expected, or am I having seal issues?  I tried all four stock tips and meelectronics bi-flange.  Will try others and burn-in.

post #22619 of 26064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Just received the Astrotec AX-30, used.  I was expecting a lot of bass, but they have less bass than the Tenore, Gratitude, and Fidelio S2.  Is this to be expected, or am I having seal issues?  I tried all four stock tips and meelectronics bi-flange.  Will try others and burn-in.

 

You are having seal issues.

post #22620 of 26064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

DS, which do you prefer more, the new JVC or your 1540's and what is the difference making sonically? Which sounds more expansive and detailed?


The SRH1540s are my reference for deep involved sound so I just did a quick comparison. Sound signatures are similar. Both have a deep and wide sound given their limitations. Shures being full sized closed while the JVCs are closed and vented in ears.

 

The FX850 sounds a bit more forward but has an equal amount of expansive stage and lesser depth of the SRH1540. The SRH1540 has more dimensionality to the sounds. The sounds are more layered in presentation a clear frontal mid and background stage can be perceived on these. The H3 also has this dimensionality to a lesser degree.  The FX850 given there single dynamic does a good job with dimensionality but is not as good in this area of sound,  while a touch more forward in sound does not have as much layering as the SRH1540. This is in comparison to the most musical full sized cans I own so the earphones do show a bit of limitations especially when comparing the stage.. JVCs are completely involving and are one of the if not the most expansive sounds I have heard for an iem however. 

 

Timbre detail is more precise on the FX850 a bit more treble vs the SRH1540. Both have excellent non strident treble. I want to give the better extension in the highs to the JVCs.  JVCs take a back seat to the mids of the SRH1540 however but not by much. The Shures are very smooth sounding a trademark of Shure sound I feel the JVCs also present with one of the more smoother sounds for an iem.  Both has lush mids. Where the JVCs win out clearly for me at least is the fact that I can take this sound where ever I go.. Both present bass in a similar manor and at similar levels. Bold with much body and texture when called for and completely gone when not. 

 

Overnight burn in actually and the sound is not as warm as I heard on open box. The sound seems to be tightening up. I am hearing a touch more upper mid and treble presence since open as the overall sound is tightening up. Which would explain why it does not sound as warm..Back to the burner. 

 

It would be tough to choose one over the other to be honest. I like both of them quite a bit. The SRH1540 is not really a portable can however and the JVCs need no amp to sound like they do the SRH1540 in an amp will separate themselves with everything I own so that is the difference right there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!