Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 151

post #2251 of 26059

So am i not the only one who noticed the FX101s sibilance to come in after 25 hours or so, then start to fade back to what they were from the box?

 

I didn't really burn them in at all like i did with the FX40s. Then after a week or so of just daily use the piercing highs developed, so i began bassdrive. toned back down somewhat.

 

Weird

post #2252 of 26059

I have been able to listen to the FX101's and FX40's now without too much issue.  (Still some sibilance, but tolerable) but the Isurus is horrible.  I cannot listen to them at all yet without getting piercing razors jabbed in my ears.  I think I will be giving these away also and I did with the SHE3580's.  

post #2253 of 26059
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I have been able to listen to the FX101's and FX40's now without too much issue.  (Still some sibilance, but tolerable) but the Isurus is horrible.  I cannot listen to them at all yet without getting piercing razors jabbed in my ears.  I think I will be giving these away also and I did with the SHE3580's.  

give'em to me biggrin.gif

post #2254 of 26059
Thread Starter 

I post this on every one of my thread. Cuz Florence and the Machine never had more funk. Check this mix out with your earphones. Both phones sound right! With these tracks. And an all time fave of mine.

post #2255 of 26059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaardker View Post

I have to share this video here just because I know there are a few AT fans in this thread and because the bass in it was awesome on my FX101s.


Audio-Technica I Audio 911



http://youtu.be/gJwEztGUiNM


Yup, your right .....it's awesome! Thanks!
post #2256 of 26059

Gotta check out bjaardker's and Dsnut's recommended tunes. popcorn.gif

post #2257 of 26059
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

So am i not the only one who noticed the FX101s sibilance to come in after 25 hours or so, then start to fade back to what they were from the box?

I didn't really burn them in at all like i did with the FX40s. Then after a week or so of just daily use the piercing highs developed, so i began bassdrive. toned back down somewhat.

Weird
Yeah I had exact same issue but like the 40s went away after bout 80-100 hrs of regular music. Burning in drivers is kinda like breaking an engine in. You just drive them and it just happens.
post #2258 of 26059
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

give'em to me biggrin.gif

You'll be the first to know when I do.  smile.gif

post #2259 of 26059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

You'll be the first to know when I do.  smile.gif

Danny try the Isurus with some Complys. If you haven't yet try this.

post #2260 of 26059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Danny try the Isurus with some Complys. If you haven't yet try this.

I gotta buy some then.  Which ones should I get.  I have a pair of Ts100's but I don't think those are gonna work. 

post #2261 of 26059
Thread Starter 

I am guessing T400s but I have some with my TF10s I use and it helps tame some sharpness and you will hear them for what they have potential to be. Since you own some CKM earphones and such. I took a wild guess that the Isurus could have been out sourced through AT.. That sigature is closer to the older AT house sound. The older CKM77 and CKM99 both have the same sound signature but much more refined obviously.  I would try whatever foam tips or anything with a smaller sound hole than the stock nozzle size..I use the tips that came with my JVC FXC51 on them and they sound great with these but also will tame the highs with some foam style complys. Try what ever you got first.. They will surprise once you get a good tip that tames the highs a bit.

post #2262 of 26059
Alright, thanks. I'll mess around with what I have tomorrow and report back.
post #2263 of 26059

So yeah, found these forums (and this awesome thread - thanks Dsnuts) when looking for some new iem's, and now I think the addiction is beginning to set in.

 

Love the FX40s, crazy crazy detail, wonderful balance, the highs have come down quite a bit and I'm still pretty early in the burn-in (40 hrs or so), so it will be interesting to see how much more they come down.

 

FX101's...wow, the bass. Maybe too much of it for me but still fun from time to time with the right music.

 

Now I'm looking for something with a little different signature to complement them. Specifically, something with a more mid-centric presentation that still carries some solid but not overwhelming bass. Decent treble but nothing sparkly or sibilant. I was thinking maybe the Brookstones (I can get them cheap-ish from a friend) but any recommendations would be good. Price-wise, I don't really want to break $30-$40.

post #2264 of 26059
brainwavz m3
post #2265 of 26059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valance View Post

So yeah, found these forums (and this awesome thread - thanks Dsnuts) when looking for some new iem's, and now I think the addiction is beginning to set in.

 

Welcome to these threads Bro,

 

The FX40 and FX101 are indeed great finds by Dsnuts, I'm still trying to get over how good they sound for what they cost.

 

For me, the next step in evolution were the CKS77(Bassy) and CKM500(Balance), totally different Audio Technica sound signature, (they were recommended by Dsnut) and I'm quickly becoming a fan of their house sound. The CKS77(US$52) and CKM500(US$70+) are above your budget but certainly worth every cents just as the JVC are in their price bracket.

 

I am contemplating picking up a pair of the cheaper CKM300(US$42) to see how far they are from the CKM500, you may want to consider them as well because they are within the budget you specified.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!