Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 1267

post #18991 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

For the Xiaomi Pistons, I offered 20.20 from this Ebay seller and he accepted, so total $23 shipped.  I guess I'm joining this hype train.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-design-Xiaomi-PISTON-Earphones-pink-ROSE-GOLD-Headset-3-buttons-wire-control-/141157769953

 

I joined the train as well. not sure why, just wanted to try something new.  this thread usually doesnt disappoint. 

post #18992 of 26198

Lots of fakes of it on aliexpress.

 

His ebay seller also uses ePacket, which is very quick compared to regular china post mail.

post #18993 of 26198

 

With the fakes going around, I'd worry. Some of them have the right pictures, but who knows. If someone finds one of those ones that sell for $12-ish shipped is legit, post it. I'd buy a second pair!

post #18994 of 26198

So, someone asked for a comparision between the Gratitudes, Havi B3 and the Piston 2.0.

 

I dont have a lot of time now so it'll hav to be the short short version:

 

The Gratitudes and The Piston has a similar general sound signature with a nice deep bass and very nice air to their sound. They also have a very nice attack and the sound is lively and in you face. There should be no surprise to anyone here that I really love the Gratitudes and regard them very highly. I think they're a gret fun to listnend to. As allready mentioned the Pistons offer much of the same. The biggest difference between the two would be that the Pistons has more bass quantity. It's not the ususal midbass hump but more of the subbass that makes the Gratitudes so great. The Piston also seem to be slightly airier overall compared to the Gratitudes. Vocals are also a bit more forward on the Pistons. The Gratitudes were said to bring a "live sound" when they were released and the Pistons does this even more. The bass of the Piston may be a little to much on some tracks but other than that they are truly great.  I would have a really hard time picking a winner between these two. 

 

The Havi B3's on the other hand are pretty much the opposit (if that's possible in sound) of the Piston's. They are much more well balanced. The bass doesn't reach as low but it never ever get near boomy or too much either. Still they doesn't feel bass light and belive me, I love my bass. Music is presented in a very relaxed way. The airiness of the Piston's is gone but instead there's a very nice weight to every tone. String instruments and voices are just amazing. Someone else metioned earleier that Infected Mushrooms sounded great with the B3's and that is very true. There's something in the way they present music that makes it feel very unforced if that makes sense?

 

One thing worth metioning about the B3's is that there apparently is/were several versions of them. I bought mine from a listing stating they were the "Professional" tuned ones and also got that confirmed from the seller when asking. However, since there's no visual signs to tell the diiferent versions from each other I cannot be 100% sure.

 

I've been listeing to all three from my Magni with the Fiio X3 line out as source and from my computer through the Udac2. I'm using Sony hybrid tips on the Piston's and Syny foam hybrid tips on the B3's. I've also struggled a bit with the fit on the B3's and finally ended up adding some earglides so I'm happy now.

post #18995 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Lots of fakes of it on aliexpress.

 

His ebay seller also uses ePacket, which is very quick compared to regular china post mail.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post
 

 

With the fakes going around, I'd worry. Some of them have the right pictures, but who knows. If someone finds one of those ones that sell for $12-ish shipped is legit, post it. I'd buy a second pair!

 

Thanks. I want to know which seller is legit too. Otherwise, may not worth to take a risk to $10.

Much appreciated you guys input.

post #18996 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkz View Post
 

 

 

 

Thanks. I want to know which seller is legit too. Otherwise, may not worth to take a risk to $10.

Much appreciated you guys input.

The $10 ones are absolutely fakes. I got one and they are terrible.

 

Confirmed legit, cheapest, takes paypal:

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html

post #18997 of 26198
The latest GEEK OUT news is a bummer. Apparently the USB connectors have a manufacturing flaw frown.gif.
post #18998 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

The latest GEEK OUT news is a bummer. Apparently the USB connectors have a manufacturing flaw frown.gif.

where did you hear that? I've e mailed LHarmonis twice about the geek out delivery schedule and they just ignored me.

post #18999 of 26198

The Pistons sound extremely promising. Can't wait to get mine now and burn them in with some lovely Kpop!  :D

post #19000 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

The $10 ones are absolutely fakes. I got one and they are terrible.

 

Confirmed legit, cheapest, takes paypal:

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html


That's where I got mine opting for free shipping (no tracking) and all is well.

post #19001 of 26198

I'm kinda wondering why the creative aurvana in ear 3 don't get any attention here. are they so underwhelming?

I mean they are Double BA iems for 60$

post #19002 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

where did you hear that? I've e mailed LHarmonis twice about the geek out delivery schedule and they just ignored me.

Kickstarter email update #33.
post #19003 of 26198
Thread Starter 
post #19004 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

I'm kinda wondering why the creative aurvana in ear 3 don't get any attention here. are they so underwhelming?

I mean they are Double BA iems for 60$

Its more that they've been out for almost 3 years and have been surpassed by a lot in that time.

post #19005 of 26198
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHeadMara View Post

Would like to read a comparison between Nuforce NE700X/M and Piston.

That comparison is coming up. Been burning in for 24 hours, and now I think I have enough time to compare the two. Both are also priced very similarly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!