Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 1088

post #16306 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

Looks moe.

 

I think it looks novel and endearing, I saw tomscy2000 link it on another thread (can't remember which one), and the pictures on the main site look a heck of a lot better than the Headfonics one.

 

Did you try emailing them, they were on my backlog for inquiries so I was about to myself.

They have a flash email link that doesn't work for me.

 

I was able to use a Taobao service to place an order. It'll end up costing $10-15 more, but I'm impatient.

 

They say it's based on the fxt90, and designed to improve upon it, so I'm intrigued. Especially for $60.

 

The Somic MH407 I just got sounds better than the A161P I had, so I'm hoping for the same turnout.

post #16307 of 26061

moe-audio@gg.com, I tried and it sent, not sure if they got it though.

 

Fair enough, heck if someone was offering to do a DIY build for me that'd be around the price I'd likely pay anyways.

 

The Somics look exactly the same though, do they really sound better?

post #16308 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

moe-audio@gg.com, I tried and it sent, not sure if they got it though.

 

Fair enough, heck if someone was offering to do a DIY build for me that'd be around the price I'd likely pay anyways.

 

The Somics look exactly the same though, do they really sound better?

it should be moe-audio@qq.com

post #16309 of 26061

HEY WAYNE, i like how you have adapted each iem to a specific purpose.  way to go, innovative thinking

and to have to discover a new niche for every iem is brilliant challenge.!

so far, regarding the GRAT EE TUDES, i have found them very useful at high volume for listening

while doing a gratitude meditation, watching professional football with the sound off, and petting a cat in

the middle of the night.  also good for testing out different amp inlfuences on output of x3 and db50.

could lead to a new threat, i mean thread,  "discovery of new purposes for iems.." or something like that.

keep innovating, i love it!   i think this thread needs deeper sillYosoophy, great start!

post #16310 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

moe-audio@gg.com, I tried and it sent, not sure if they got it though.

Fair enough, heck if someone was offering to do a DIY build for me that'd be around the price I'd likely pay anyways.

The Somics look exactly the same though, do they really sound better?

Yep. I tried the both out at the same time. The specs are different.

The Somic has less aggressive treble, and slightly deeper bass extension. I feel like its an improvement on the A161P, but still too bass light for me compared to what my R50 can do.
post #16311 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

HEY WAYNE, i like how you have adapted each iem to a specific purpose.  way to go, innovative thinking

and to have to discover a new niche for every iem is brilliant challenge.!

so far, regarding the GRAT EE TUDES, i have found them very useful at high volume for listening

while doing a gratitude meditation, watching professional football with the sound off, and petting a cat in

the middle of the night.  also good for testing out different amp inlfuences on output of x3 and db50.

could lead to a new threat, i mean thread,  "discovery of new purposes for iems.." or something like that.

keep innovating, i love it!   i think this thread needs deeper sillYosoophy, great start!

I think something great is going to come out of this...how about Gratitudes for brushing teeth? That's a great time for good isolation! What's a good iem for eating breakfast? Hate listening to that snap, crackle, pop, maybe the Gratitudes work here? So many possibilities, the more we come up with, the more different headphones you need to have to cover them, :popcorn:(Monsters are great for chugging beer...)

post #16312 of 26061

Time to find my falling asleep iem's, night night...

post #16313 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

 
HEY WAYNE, i like how you have adapted each iem to a specific purpose.  way to go, innovative thinking
and to have to discover a new niche for every iem is brilliant challenge.!
so far, regarding the GRAT EE TUDES, i have found them very useful at high volume for listening
while doing a gratitude meditation, watching professional football with the sound off, and petting a cat in
the middle of the night.  also good for testing out different amp inlfuences on output of x3 and db50.
could lead to a new threat, i mean thread,  "discovery of new purposes for iems.." or something like that.
keep innovating, i love it!   i think this thread needs deeper sillYosoophy, great start!
I think something great is going to come out of this...how about Gratitudes for brushing teeth? That's a great time for good isolation! What's a good iem for eating breakfast? Hate listening to that snap, crackle, pop, maybe the Gratitudes work here? So many possibilities, the more we come up with, the more different headphones you need to have to cover them, popcorn.gif (Monsters are great for chugging beer...)

Man the Gratitudes isolate like it's no bodies business. They seal so well that it can destroy the sq sometimes.
post #16314 of 26061

Can anyone tell me how the Gratitudes pair with the X3?

post #16315 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

Can anyone tell me how the Gratitudes pair with the X3?

It does pair very well:gs1000smile:

post #16316 of 26061

I use them with the X3 all the time, with and without an amp, sounds great.

post #16317 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post
 

I use them with the X3 all the time, with and without an amp, sounds great.

 

Same here. Gratitude are the best IEMs I got this year (I'd say a bit better than VSD1 LE). Still struggling a bit to find the right tip, but when the seal is there, they sound just great.

And yes, they are amazing out of Fiio X3.

post #16318 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

Can anyone tell me how the Gratitudes pair with the X3?

they sound good out of the x3, but better with a good headphone amp in the loop.

but they really shine with XD50, much better really, and with a good amp in that loop

they are reference class! (e.g. a ray samuels amp).  hallucinatory.  as DS nuts pointed

out more flat response phones sound better with with the x3 and warmer ones with the DX50

its really true, and worth the investment in the DX50 if you have the X3 and want to brining out

the best in phones like the cks1000s and gratitudes....its not a subtle difference, its a magical

synchroniicty difference....

post #16319 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post
 

I think something great is going to come out of this...how about Gratitudes for brushing teeth? That's a great time for good isolation! What's a good iem for eating breakfast? Hate listening to that snap, crackle, pop, maybe the Gratitudes work here? So many possibilities, the more we come up with, the more different headphones you need to have to cover them, :popcorn:(Monsters are great for chugging beer...)

what IEMS are best for drinking wine and eating swine? (lm talking bbq, which is a huge field for applying earphone technology to!! of course i do need some for in the shower

and underwater....seeriously folks, this is unexplored territory! 

post #16320 of 26061
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

what IEMS are best for drinking wine and eating swine? (lm talking bbq, which is a huge field for applying earphone technology to!! of course i do need some for in the shower

and underwater....seeriously folks, this is unexplored territory! 


It's not so much the IEM itself. You need to tip roll to find a "cheesy consistency":wink_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!