Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 829

post #12421 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ Yeppp a great quality black cable just screams CLASS, while the red ones just scream "Beats wannabe", nuff said.

 

When i use my red cable FX3X i kinda feel like a tool advertising for beats. LoL Guess that red/black color scheme is wayyy too closely related to that infamous brand. mad.gif Well for me anyways.

so true

post #12422 of 25967
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoore914 View Post


Even the ODAC, which is highly reccomended at the price point, only does 24/96.

 

Can anybody else comment on the difference between the USB and the larger unit?

Is there any perceptible sound difference?

 

Good question.  I haven't seen anyone compare the Hifimediy Sabre to the ODAC, or the ODAC to a more expensive ES9018 DAC.  Too hard and time consuming?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

You make cables?

 

Just a few RCA, 3.5mm and custom IEM cables in my free time.  Almost all cables I see are basic Silver-plated Copper (not pure Silver) unless they're very expensive, so buying pure Silver by the metre is the only economical way to go.

post #12423 of 25967
Thread Starter 

So I checked out Pacific rim last night with my boys and I have to say the movie was well worth watching in theaters. Some movies are good but not worth spending the money on to watch on a big screen. This movie however was not only good but I don't know if one can get the same effect watching at home vs a big screen..Mostly catered to guys if you at one point of your life was into robots and monsters that tower over cities. Highly recommended. Extremely entertaining. What summer movies should be about.

post #12424 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

So I checked out Pacific rim last night with my boys and I have to say the movie was well worth watching in theaters. Some movies are good but not worth spending the money on to watch on a big screen. This movie however was not only good but I don't know if one can get the same effect watching at home vs a big screen..Mostly catered to guys if you at one point of your life was into robots and monsters that tower over cities. Highly recommended. Extremely entertaining. What summer movies should be about.

 

Totally agree with you on this one D's. My wife didn't enjoy it as much tho confused_face(1).gif

She said it felt so "anime-ish".

I said: "Uh... it is an anime-inspired film. It's supposed to be like anime made into reality!" wink.gif

post #12425 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

So I checked out Pacific rim last night with my boys and I have to say the movie was well worth watching in theaters. Some movies are good but not worth spending the money on to watch on a big screen. This movie however was not only good but I don't know if one can get the same effect watching at home vs a big screen..Mostly catered to guys if you at one point of your life was into robots and monsters that tower over cities. Highly recommended. Extremely entertaining. What summer movies should be about.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

 

Totally agree with you on this one D's. My wife didn't enjoy it as much tho confused_face(1).gif

She said it felt so "anime-ish".

I said: "Uh... it is an anime-inspired film. It's supposed to be like anime made into reality!" wink.gif


Thirded. Loved that movie because it gave me exactly what I wanted to see, giant robots beating the crap out of monsters. Very fun and exciting movie that, I agree, needs to be seen in theatres to be truly appreciated.

post #12426 of 25967
Thread Starter 

Ya the ladies are gonna fail to see the epicness of it..Guys will relate though. I grew up watching old Godzilla flix when I was a kid and this is the first movie to truly do them justice. I doubt the ladies will ever understand towering monsters and robots. It is definitely a guy thing.

 

On another note. Danny is getting rid of some of his gears.. If any of you guys are looking for an excellent well rounded DAC/AMP. Someone grab his Audinst MX2..Even if he sells that for what he bought it for it is not only very versatile and easy to use but the sound is fantastic for the price..I do most of my A/Bing on there because it has 2 headphone out right on the front and I also like that you don't need to have it plugged into a power source. I think I would have a tough time getting rid of mine and you won't see too many guys selling them. So snap it up if any of you guys are looking for a great deal on a new Dac/Amp.


Edited by Dsnuts - 7/28/13 at 11:03am
post #12427 of 25967
For those who grew up watching animé: voltes v, mazinger z, daimos, voltron, gundam, macross, astroboy, etc... Pacific Rim is a dream come true!
post #12428 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Hisoundaudio studio 3rd anv or my cowon j3 biggrin.gif

Haven't heard the Cowon, but have had both Studios, original and 3rd anniv. While I'd say sq is really good (3rd Anniv>original), my personal experience has been of very poor reliability. Have had multiple problems, have shipped back to China more than once, and it is currently sitting dead on my desk. Reliability issues and a Chinese source is a bad combination, IMO.

post #12429 of 25967

just got my Nuforce 700M, and man they have lots of bass. glad i went this way instead of the dx210, but i am still curious how the cks77 compare as my xb90ex feel very balanced next to the 700m.

i think i should start burning them

post #12430 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

just got my Nuforce 700M, and man they have lots of bass. glad i went this way instead of the dx210, but i am still curious how the cks77 compare as my xb90ex feel very balanced next to the 700m.

i think i should start burning them


Yeppp Ds said the mid bass was initially too much for his liking but burn in did the job of taming it, which made it on par if not slightly best the Bassos.

post #12431 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

why no talk of the NE-700M?

I just received the new and improved NE-700X and they are VERY GOOD out of the box!  Thanks DSNUTS for the recommendation!  Still need to break-in and listen more to determine whether I like these better or the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore.  The first thing I noticed is that they have more bass than the Tenore.


Edited by Grayson73 - 7/29/13 at 7:36am
post #12432 of 25967

To all those Pacific Rim fans in this thread:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0510TA5923

post #12433 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

To all those Pacific Rim fans in this thread:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0510TA5923

Awesome! I wish Soul of Chogokin or maybe Bandai does their own version as well.
post #12434 of 25967
Anyone know of a good budget DAC with S/PDIF input? I started a thread in the dedicated source components forum but didn't get many replies. Something along the lines of an ODAC or Modi in terms of sound quality and price, but those only have USB input.
post #12435 of 25967
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

Anyone know of a good budget DAC with S/PDIF input? I started a thread in the dedicated source components forum but didn't get many replies. Something along the lines of an ODAC or Modi in terms of sound quality and price, but those only have USB input.

 

The Fire Phoenix DAC-02, one of Dsnuts' finds, has optical, coax and USB input for about the same price. However, I do not know if anyone has directly compared this unit to the ODAC or Modi.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRE-PHOENIX-DAC-02-CS4398-LM4562-MINI-USB-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-/170696111860?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item27be47f6f4

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!