Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions... - Page 809

post #12121 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Alpha 1 View Post

I have one of those somewhere, never favoured it all that much.  I didn't follow why he was comparing it to the ODAC, which is a DAC.

Guess he was referring to the post I made regarding the ELE and Hifimediy DAC. But I thought there is a model of the ODAC with headphone amp built in. I might be wrong and maybe you could try goggling and find out more about it.
Edited by Leo888 - 7/19/13 at 5:16am
post #12122 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post

Guess he was referring to the post I made regarding the ELE and Hifimediy DAC. But I thought there is a model of the ODAC with headphone amp built in. I might be wrong and maybe you could try goggling and find out more about it.

Yes, was referring to the ELe comment. And yes, the O2+ODAC combo. smily_headphones1.gif
post #12123 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Yes, was referring to the ELe comment. And yes, the O2+ODAC combo. smily_headphones1.gif

O2+ODAC seems very well received by many and hope I'll be able to have a listen to them myself. For now, i feels that the Hifimediy/E9 combo is good enough for me. Cheers.
post #12124 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoseven View Post

I don't think I was ever getting a perfect seal with the stock tips on the re400 because I just put the grey h200 tips on them and that's an experience I wasn't expecting on having.. It's such a perfect sound and now it's been taken to another level.. The bass became more present and the entire sound more coherent..I really don't think the h200's are going to end up above the 400's for me.. So they'll probably be for sale if that doesn't change in the next few days.. I'm not sure why no one else would say the 400's are clearly a better sound when compared directly.. The 200's are very nice it's just the 400's are so smooth and detailed with the perfect amount of sub/mid bass

 

First of all, we all obviously hear things a bit differently. For example, I still absolutely love your my 1k's to the point where I would find it hard to part with them. I don't think that you can find that kind of bass and expansive/layered soundstage in many iems of this price bracket.

 

To me, the H200's are what I was hoping the GR07BE's would be (but never were for me). So I love the H200's also (although I must point out that they sound best for me using the MH1C large tips).

 

As far as the RE400's are concerned, I don't doubt that they are amazing - there are too many positive reviews out there for them not to be.

 

So Ericp10, it really comes down to you... how do the RE400's compare to the H200's in your mind?

post #12125 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

So Ericp10, it really comes down to you... when should I buy the X1?

wink.gifbiggrin.gif
post #12126 of 26099

^ BWAHAHAHAHAHA well palyed!!!

post #12127 of 26099

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

So Ericp10 and d marc0, it really comes down to you guys... when should I buy the X1, the ES700, the RE400, and the jdslabs C5?
 

 

I thought I'd fix it even more for ya lol!

post #12128 of 26099
Nooo! As soon I decide To end game it someone posts an lcd3 with alo cables for 1100. And im about 600 short....
post #12129 of 26099

I kinda decided to get an armature based iem (I'm interested in how they sound compared to dynamic drivers) only thing is, I need them to be able to do sub-base. I know that they won't ever come close to dynamic drivers in this regard, but it'd great if I was able to at least hear say 30-40 hz. (music such as the Skyrim soundtrack do need sub-base extension)

 

so what are the one's that I should consider? my budget is 200$ max.

 

thanks.

 

P.S. I mainly listen to instrumental/vocal music so realistic timbre is a must.


Edited by nihontoman - 7/19/13 at 12:00pm
post #12130 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I kinda decided to get an armature based iem (I'm interested in how they sound compared to dynamic drivers) only thing is, I need them to be able to do sub-base. I know that they won't ever come close to dynamic drivers in this regard, but it'd great if I was able to at least hear say 30-40 hz. (music such as the Skyrim soundtrack do need sub-base extension)

 

so what are the one's that I should consider? my budget is 200$ max.

 

thanks.

 

P.S. I mainly listen to instrumental/vocal music so realistic timbre is a must.

I'm interested in trying an armature as well.

post #12131 of 26099
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I kinda decided to get an armature based iem (I'm interested in how they sound compared to dynamic drivers) only thing is, I need them to be able to do sub-base. I know that they won't ever come close to dynamic drivers in this regard, but it'd great if I was able to at least hear say 30-40 hz. (music such as the Skyrim soundtrack do need sub-base extension)

 

so what are the one's that I should consider? my budget is 200$ max.

 

thanks.

 

P.S. I mainly listen to instrumental/vocal music so realistic timbre is a must.


Wait for Zero Audio's dual ba iems.I am definitely going to get me a pair as soon as they are out. Or if you see a liquidation deal for a pair of XBA-3s. I would snap one of those up for around $100.

post #12132 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Wait for Zero Audio's dual ba iems.I am definitely going to get me a pair as soon as they are out. Or if you see a liquidation deal for a pair of XBA-3s. I would snap one of those up for around $100.

hahaha, most probably I'll wait for zero audio doppios, but wanted to hear about others, in case these doppios turn out to be not what I want...

 

people here talked much about TDK BA200, but at that time, I didn't really pay any attention to it (was too occupied with my XB90EX).

post #12133 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I kinda decided to get an armature based iem (I'm interested in how they sound compared to dynamic drivers) only thing is, I need them to be able to do sub-base. I know that they won't ever come close to dynamic drivers in this regard, but it'd great if I was able to at least hear say 30-40 hz. (music such as the Skyrim soundtrack do need sub-base extension)

 

so what are the one's that I should consider? my budget is 200$ max.

 

thanks.

 

P.S. I mainly listen to instrumental/vocal music so realistic timbre is a must.

 

You could consider a 3 driver hybrid like the H200. The bass driver is dynamic, and the other two are ba's. It does bass very well. The sub-bass on this James Blake track is great with the H200's:

 

post #12134 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

You could consider a 3 driver hybrid like the H200. The bass driver is dynamic, and the other two are ba's. It does bass very well. The sub-bass on this James Blake track is great with the H200's:

 

I really like the idea of the hybrid, but H200 is out of my budget and 200 is max that I could afford (in fact, I'd prefer if it was under 170-ish, so that I won't have to pay customs)

post #12135 of 26099
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I really like the idea of the hybrid, but H200 is out of my budget and 200 is max that I could afford (in fact, I'd prefer if it was under 170-ish, so that I won't have to pay customs)

 

It sounds like oneoseven will be selling his. Not sure for how much, but you might want to keep an eye out for it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone impressions PG 1729!!