or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 663

post #9931 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Someone other than me in this thread need to get his hands on H-200. It's quite stunning! I'm not going to say it's better than the CKS1000, but I'm not going to say it's worse either. The sound signatures are so different, but the H-200 shines in allowing one to hear what a true dynamic/BA hybrid should really sound like (at least in my imagination). Space between instruments, silk smooth, micro details, solid detailed mids, wonderful treble just shy of harsh, and some of richest most natural bass you've ever heard (just south of basshead level, yet it will be plenty for bassheads and non-bassheads). Actually, when not listening the AS-2  the H-200 stays in my ears (then the CKS1000). So much to write about but my desktop (at home crashed), but we're still moving forward in sound.

 

Happy listening!!

 

that sounds like the perfect iem.

post #9932 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

 

that sounds like the perfect iem.

 

 

I hate to say it, because I have some top of the line customs and universals (or had them), but for the price this one is a stunner. I didn't hear it until after about 50 hours burn in, but it's amazing! Plus the package and accessories you get for $250 (and build quality) shoots way above it's MSRP. But for me that's not important. The sound is amazing. It's right next door (and beating some) to the $400 to $500 universals I've heard. The TF10 can't touch it, nor the XBA-4.

post #9933 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

 

I hate to say it, because I have some top of the line customs and universals (or had them), but for the price this one is a stunner. I didn't hear it until after about 50 hours burn in, but it's amazing! Plus the package and accessories you get for $250 (and build quality) shoots way above it's MSRP. But for me that's not important. The sound is amazing. It's right next door (and beating some) to the $400 to $500 universals I've heard. The TF10 can't touch it, nor the XBA-4.

 

To be fair the TF10 is a 250~ iem and pretty old.  Jerry Harvey was still with UE.  

 

I dont know much about the XBA-4; so no comment lol.

 

I'd like to audition them sometime and see how it stacks up.

post #9934 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Someone other than me in this thread need to get his hands on H-200. It's quite stunning! I'm not going to say it's better than the CKS1000, but I'm not going to say it's worse either. The sound signatures are so different, but the H-200 shines in allowing one to hear what a true dynamic/BA hybrid should really sound like (at least in my imagination). Space between instruments, silk smooth, micro details, solid detailed mids, wonderful treble just shy of harsh, and some of richest most natural bass you've ever heard (just south of basshead level, yet it will be plenty for bassheads and non-bassheads). Actually, when not listening the AS-2  the H-200 stays in my ears (then the CKS1000). So much to write about but my desktop (at home crashed), but we're still moving forward in sound.

 

Happy listening!!

 

I ordered mine on the last day of the pre-sale... can't wait to finally hear it; most likely mid next week.

Lucky I'm having heaps of fun with the DX210, otherwise I'd be frantic by now. blink.gif


Edited by d marc0 - 5/21/13 at 4:00pm
post #9935 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Someone other than me in this thread need to get his hands on H-200. It's quite stunning! I'm not going to say it's better than the CKS1000, but I'm not going to say it's worse either. The sound signatures are so different, but the H-200 shines in allowing one to hear what a true dynamic/BA hybrid should really sound like (at least in my imagination). Space between instruments, silk smooth, micro details, solid detailed mids, wonderful treble just shy of harsh, and some of richest most natural bass you've ever heard (just south of basshead level, yet it will be plenty for bassheads and non-bassheads). Actually, when not listening the AS-2  the H-200 stays in my ears (then the CKS1000). So much to write about but my desktop (at home crashed), but we're still moving forward in sound.

 

Happy listening!!

 

 

I have the H-200 as well. They are truly outstanding. I agree completely, a stunning earphone and a steal for a hybrid done right.
post #9936 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

They might look the same but doesn't mean they will sound the same sfwalcer smily_headphones1.gif


Hmmm i am not sure about these corecools anymore. The size of the housing and the microphonic cable has me a bit concern, plus they sell these exact models in China for like less then $50 bucks.

 

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=corecool+v2&keyword=&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=item&atype=&tracelog=&sourceId=tb.index&rt=1369023189242&source=haiwaigou&pid=mm_14507416_2297358_8935934&unid=

 

If they are a great as you make them out to be i don't understand how/ why they are selling them for so cheap tbh. I doubt the maker of these are that clueless if they have such a winner in their hands. The Vsonic gr07s sells for even more expensive in China which to me is a testament of their true sound/ value. These corecools just have so many lookalikes that seems to sound pretty similar from all the reviews and impressions so far. You're the only one that is saying they best the FXZ200s AND is on par with the gr07 BEs but doesn't have much concrete or detailed impressions on exactly how this is the case.

 

I wanna trust you chill but you're not really winning me over with those random statements you be posting. LoL

 

I might still get them cuz that ebay seller is so nice about it, but he sure is giving me A LOT of time to think it over that's for sure. Plus i almost have enough paypal funds to get the gr07 BEs and really don't wanna waste it on these corecools if they are indeed pretty average sounding as most of the reviews and impressions seems to suggest.

 

edit: @ ericp

Thanks for the update on those hybrids, looks real promising..... just too bad they look pretty bulky and not that stylish. :  ( Yes i is a hipster @ heart!!! ksc75smile.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 5/21/13 at 4:38pm
post #9937 of 32903

Due to not being able to listen to my music indoors at MY normal listening volumes, I decided to stepp back into the IEM game :)  Ordered those 3eighty5 that are MIGHT be corecools since they only cost $30.  Next step is to get an actual pair of corecools to compare (I'll probably place the order next week).  I doubt the 385 and corecools are the same as the speck are different.

BTW Moochill, how long does it take from your ebay seller to get the V2 to you?

post #9938 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

 

I ordered mine on the last day of the pre-sale... can't wait to finally hear it; most likely mid next week.

Lucky I'm having heaps of fun with the DX210, otherwise I'd be frantic by now. blink.gif

 

Congrats d marc0!

post #9939 of 32903
Tf10 isn't an original $250 iem, its cost was much more. And old has nothing to do with the sound signature. It is top tier or it's not.
post #9940 of 32903
The corecool took 10 days to arrive and I can't wait to hear your impression when I get back smily_headphones1.gif
post #9941 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Tf10 isn't an original $250 iem, its cost was much more. And old has nothing to do with the sound signature. It is top tier or it's not.

 

but it's 250 now.  What is used to cost has nothing to do what it sells for now.  It costs 250 or it doesnt

post #9942 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

 

but it's 250 now.  What is used to cost has nothing to do what it sells for now.  It costs 250 or it doesnt

 

 

 

 

his point is that price is irrelevant to the sound quality. price would be relevant in a quality/price ratio for that matter. but he is only comparing things according to the SQ and thats it.

 

you have to define how you measure up things. SQ, price, SQ/price, other


Edited by FarCry - 5/21/13 at 9:29pm
post #9943 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

 

I hate to say it, because I have some top of the line customs and universals (or had them), but for the price this one is a stunner. I didn't hear it until after about 50 hours burn in, but it's amazing! Plus the package and accessories you get for $250 (and build quality) shoots way above it's MSRP. But for me that's not important. The sound is amazing. It's right next door (and beating some) to the $400 to $500 universals I've heard. The TF10 can't touch it, nor the XBA-4.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

 

 

 

 

his point is that price is irrelevant to the sound quality. price would be relevant in a quality/price ratio for that matter. but he is only comparing things according to the SQ and thats it.

 

you have to define how you measure up things. SQ, price, SQ/price, other

 

seeing as he specifies a price point and named specific iems price does play a factor.  

post #9944 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

 

 

seeing as he specifies a price point and named specific iems price does play a factor.  

 

 

 


in this case he takes the SQ/price ratio as a measure.

 

 

 

Quote:
but for the price this one is a stunner.
post #9945 of 32903

Guys, dual dynamic Meelec M-Duos are on preorder for mere 75 bucks, mind you this is msrp and it may be cheaper at online retailers. We might have another discovery at hands :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153