or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 660

post #9886 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHSWarrior View Post


whats the sony's like?

The bass can be pretty flabby, though the sub-bass goes deeeep. The mids and highs never distort, BUT they are quite veiled to me and don't resolve that much detail. They also take a pretty hefty amount of power to get them going, so don't expect stellar sound right from your phone with these. All in all, they are the best $30 IEMs I've tried, but they left me wanting. I settled on the Yamaha EPH100 which is a fantastic upgrade (though MUCH more expensive) to the those that like the MH1C. Now, as is the pathology on Head-Fi, I look for an upgrade to the EPH100. CSK1000 sounds like they could be the ones but... the FR graph of the midrange does make me a bit skeptical of them. Too skeptical to purchase the IEM from Japan with no real chance of returning them.

post #9887 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

im a little loss... you say that its like a subwoofer in your ears but its not as much bass as the mh1?

 

Then you say the mh1 has more top end sparkle but the xears is a better all around for all genres?


When comparing the bass you should take into account the different types of bass. The Xears probably have tighter sub bass that would cause more of a rumble like a subwoofer. While the MH1s are very mid bass centric. Which will result in a boomy type of bass that doesn't really carry substance--sorry if that offends anyone--and he means that the Xears are more balanced compared to the treble on the MH1. Though I have to disagree with him because, while I did hear some sparkle, I wouldn't say the MH1 are the brightest bulb in the package. They always sounded veiled to me but I could have got one of the elusive lemons.

post #9888 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

im a little loss... you say that its like a subwoofer in your ears but its not as much bass as the mh1?

Then you say the mh1 has more top end sparkle but the xears is a better all around for all genres?
Not quite. Xears has more bass and better bass. For me mh1c bass is off putting because it doesn't match the rest of the sound signature - it jars. I find the highs a bit the same. Not screechy just not as smooth as the xears. The xears is led by the bass. The rest of the spectrum follows from there - which in its own way puts it in balance - if you like bass! I do, so for me I prefer it to the mh1c. YMMV.
post #9889 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


When comparing the bass you should take into account the different types of bass. The Xears probably have tighter sub bass that would cause more of a rumble like a subwoofer. While the MH1s are very mid bass centric. Which will result in a boomy type of bass that doesn't really carry substance--sorry if that offends anyone--and he means that the Xears are more balanced compared to the treble on the MH1. Though I have to disagree with him because, while I did hear some sparkle, I wouldn't say the MH1 are the brightest bulb in the package. They always sounded veiled to me but I could have got one of the elusive lemons.
Yup, thats how I would put it if I was better with words, although my mh1c's are quite bright and not veiled at all. I find tip insertion and tip type critical with mh1c - too deep and its just boomy. Wrong tips and its veiled and boomy.
post #9890 of 32874

I gotta say, I'm enjoying these DX210 basso's more than my GR07BE's. As dsnuts has alluded to, the basso's are similar to the cks1000's. They have a very full sound. That's the best way I can describe it - when I switch from the BE's to the basso's, I'm hearing a fullness to the sound which appeals to me very much. When I switch back to the BE's, they sound kind of thin. After a bit, my ears get readjusted to them and I once again appreciate how wonderful the BE's are. But for me, I really love the full sound that the basso's (and the cks1000s to even a greater extent) provide.

post #9891 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


When comparing the bass you should take into account the different types of bass. The Xears probably have tighter sub bass that would cause more of a rumble like a subwoofer. While the MH1s are very mid bass centric. Which will result in a boomy type of bass that doesn't really carry substance--sorry if that offends anyone--and he means that the Xears are more balanced compared to the treble on the MH1. Though I have to disagree with him because, while I did hear some sparkle, I wouldn't say the MH1 are the brightest bulb in the package. They always sounded veiled to me but I could have got one of the elusive lemons.

 

so...top end wise the mh1 has more sparkle than the xears?  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorfybe View Post


Not quite. Xears has more bass and better bass. For me mh1c bass is off putting because it doesn't match the rest of the sound signature - it jars. I find the highs a bit the same. Not screechy just not as smooth as the xears. The xears is led by the bass. The rest of the spectrum follows from there - which in its own way puts it in balance - if you like bass! I do, so for me I prefer it to the mh1c. YMMV.

 

Sorry...really trying to follow.  Bass centric but balanced?  confused.gif

post #9892 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

I gotta say, I'm enjoying these DX210 basso's more than my GR07BE's. As dsnuts has alluded to, the basso's are similar to the cks1000's. They have a very full sound. That's the best way I can describe it - when I switch from the BE's to the basso's, I'm hearing a fullness to the sound which appeals to me very much. When I switch back to the BE's, they sound kind of thin. After a bit, my ears get readjusted to them and I once again appreciate how wonderful the BE's are. But for me, I really love the full sound that the basso's (and the cks1000s to even a greater extent) provide.

 

The BE's sound thin?  That's a little surprising, I don't own the Gr07 BE but I do have the GR06 and they are no where near thin.  Maybe the DX210 has a little too much body?  

post #9893 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorfybe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


When comparing the bass you should take into account the different types of bass. The Xears probably have tighter sub bass that would cause more of a rumble like a subwoofer. While the MH1s are very mid bass centric. Which will result in a boomy type of bass that doesn't really carry substance--sorry if that offends anyone--and he means that the Xears are more balanced compared to the treble on the MH1. Though I have to disagree with him because, while I did hear some sparkle, I wouldn't say the MH1 are the brightest bulb in the package. They always sounded veiled to me but I could have got one of the elusive lemons.
Yup, thats how I would put it if I was better with words, although my mh1c's are quite bright and not veiled at all. I find tip insertion and tip type critical with mh1c - too deep and its just boomy. Wrong tips and its veiled and boomy.


My ears were spoiled by my ruggedly burned in JVC-FX40; I don't think I can every find anything that contained that level of brightness in the cheapo category. If I can find them I'll probably use them as the reference point for my impressions. The 40s also had less boom and more tightness for me when it came to the base department. With your Xears did you have to extensively burn them in or is it like Mochill (?) stated they--his Corecool v2--sound great out of the box and only need a short burn-in period?

post #9894 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


When comparing the bass you should take into account the different types of bass. The Xears probably have tighter sub bass that would cause more of a rumble like a subwoofer. While the MH1s are very mid bass centric. Which will result in a boomy type of bass that doesn't really carry substance--sorry if that offends anyone--and he means that the Xears are more balanced compared to the treble on the MH1. Though I have to disagree with him because, while I did hear some sparkle, I wouldn't say the MH1 are the brightest bulb in the package. They always sounded veiled to me but I could have got one of the elusive lemons.

 

so...top end wise the mh1 has more sparkle than the xears?  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorfybe View Post


Not quite. Xears has more bass and better bass. For me mh1c bass is off putting because it doesn't match the rest of the sound signature - it jars. I find the highs a bit the same. Not screechy just not as smooth as the xears. The xears is led by the bass. The rest of the spectrum follows from there - which in its own way puts it in balance - if you like bass! I do, so for me I prefer it to the mh1c. YMMV.

 

Sorry...really trying to follow.  Bass centric but balanced?  confused.gif

Right. I would say the MH1 are very V shaped. Top end is--supposedly because I must have gotten a dud--quite bright and the low levels are very mid bass centric.

Just because something is balanced/neutral doesn't mean that the bass is going to be underpowered. Normally, when the bass is overpowering, it is the mid bass that bleeds into the other spectrum of sounds. When the bass is in the deeper--read: sub--levels it allows it to coexist with the mids and highs allowing each to express their own sound without anything veiling. All and all it is a well rounded headphone. 

post #9895 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Right. I would say the MH1 are very V shaped. Top end is--supposedly because I must have gotten a dud--quite bright and the low levels are very mid bass centric.

Just because something is balanced/neutral doesn't mean that the bass is going to be underpowered. Normally, when the bass is overpowering, it is the mid bass that bleeds into the other spectrum of sounds. When the bass is in the deeper--read: sub--levels it allows it to coexist with the mids and highs allowing each to express their own sound without anything veiling. All and all it is a well rounded headphone. 

 

Sorry...I still don't see how anything can be bass centric ( or mid centric or treble centric for that matter) and be balanced/neutral.  That just contradicts itself.  

 

Yes; I agree that balanced/neutral does not mean underpowered bass.  A bass emphasis does not mean balanced/neutral...It's tilted toward bass.

post #9896 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Right. I would say the MH1 are very V shaped. Top end is--supposedly because I must have gotten a dud--quite bright and the low levels are very mid bass centric.

Just because something is balanced/neutral doesn't mean that the bass is going to be underpowered. Normally, when the bass is overpowering, it is the mid bass that bleeds into the other spectrum of sounds. When the bass is in the deeper--read: sub--levels it allows it to coexist with the mids and highs allowing each to express their own sound without anything veiling. All and all it is a well rounded headphone. 

 

Sorry...I still don't see how anything can be bass centric ( or mid centric or treble centric for that matter) and be balanced/neutral.  That just contradicts itself.  

 

Yes; I agree that balanced/neutral does not mean underpowered bass.  A bass emphasis does not mean balanced/neutral...It's tilted toward bass.

I personally haven't heard his Xears, but he did say that he wasn't good with words. I guess there is probably going to be a lower level tilt but the rest of it is going to be neutral. "..-------"

post #9897 of 32874

Haven't seen much in the way of comment on the Zero Audio DX-200 Carbo Tenore...I got these, have listened to them a bit. Very nice sounding headphones, I'd say solid bass (haven't heard the Carbo Basso, but these are tight, in no way lacking on the low end. If those have more, must be monsters!), nice highs, the midrange is smooth but slightly recessed. I don't notice it much on tracks with few instruments around the vocalist, but start to add pieces to the band, it becomes a bit harder to make out lyrics. On the other hand, soundstage is CRAZY! I'm not actually all that interested in iem soundstage. Listen for it on my speaker set up, but the idea of the band spread across your head being realistic doesn't make much sense to me. Having said that, I really like the width of the staging on these things, have many iem's at this point (thanks to this thread and the bargain threads), don't think any of them does it the way these do. Initial impressions, going to listen some more...

post #9898 of 32874
Loving my iems wayne, about the corecool v2 they sound excellent out of the box and I bet after 300hrs they will be on killer level biggrin.gif
post #9899 of 32874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

The BE's sound thin?  That's a little surprising, I don't own the Gr07 BE but I do have the GR06 and they are no where near thin.  Maybe the DX210 has a little too much body?  

 

Maybe. But not for my ears (as handicapped as they may be lol). It's even more pronounced when compared to the cks1000's - those puppies have an incredibly full sound, with a huge soundstage (width, depth, layering, imaging, instrument separation etc). It was when comparing the BE's to the 1000's that I first determined that I found the BE's to sound somewhat 2 dimensional (ie thin sounding) when compared to the 1k's 3D sound. Same thing but to a lesser extent with the basso's.

 

When I push the BE's in my ears further and hold them there, I get more of the full sound that I'm looking for (except that the bass is then too much), but I can't get that kind of a seal no matter what tips I use with them. Whereas with the basso's and 1k's, that fuller sound/soundstage is just there regardless of the tips or the seal.

 

Anyway I'm not trying to denigrate the BE's, because like I said, once my ears become readjusted to them I really do love their sound. But to me, the basso's and 1k's have that fullness and soundstaging that really appeals to me.

post #9900 of 32874
The corecool v2 bass is on a highend level big,brawny and never bleeding into the mids just how it should be . Mids are enveloping and very detailed and organic sounding in tone.treble are sparkly crunchy and well extended and airy. Soundstage is very deep,wide and tall.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153