or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 629

post #9421 of 32903

I don't have any external reference, i.e. another pair of unused xb90ex, but my XB90EX that I've had about half a year and occasionally burn them in, sound like they got much better. bass has become "less" in quantity but even more refined when it comes to texture. treble and mids also improved. I did change the filters though - put another patch of foam in them, which are much less denser then the original...

 

it may be me getting used to them or something, but they sound too good to think about an upgrade (at least in the iem realm... I'm not so sure about those new JVC xz2000 :D)

post #9422 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Corecool v2 impressions comming tommorrow biggrin.gif

Corecool v2 also look very similar to the Xears 4 core hybrid: http://www.xears.com/produkte/xearsr-4core-hybrid-series which are available on ebay from £58. I've had them for just over a week now.

 

These comprise a 10mm and a 7mm driver. Out of the box bass was overpowering. 40 hours burn in has mellowed these considerably. Sub base is there in abundance, and these are sounding really nice now.

 

My previous iems include, Monoprice 8230, Jays Q-Jays, Creative Aurvana's, and Re2's,

 

I'm listening to these out of a Sansa Clip+ and a version of the Cube C30/Nationite N2.

 

To me, I'm enjoying the sound signature far more than my Q-Jays.

 

They are in a different class to the Monoprice - which impressed me for the money - but so they should at x10 the price.

 

Cables feel cheap - but low on microphonics - and hey, they are replaceable, and low on tangle.

 

To qualify what I say, I know what I like to listen to, but I'm not able to wax lyrically about what the highs, mids and bass do for me.

 

Sound is definitely bass driven, which was a shock to me coming from the Q-Jays, but it underpins the music and gives it a drive and perspective that I've been missing. I'm listening to Cat Stevens (Father and Son) as I type, and seem to have more texture to his voice, guitars are strumming away nicely - it all seems to be there to my ears.

 

Previously I was listening to the Carpenters (Solitaire), and again there was a texture to the lower register of Karen Carpenters voice that has never quite been there with my other iems.

 

Listening to http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/ shows they can dig low and have good rhythm.

post #9423 of 32903
Tried the GR07 Bass Edition today. THEY SOUND THE SAME AS MY XB90EX. Tragic. I have cheap ears. Although i can tell the highs are more resolving than XB90EX, but not so much that i'd be willing to shell out that kinda cash for a similar-sounding IEM. My FXZ200's treble and mids are noticeably better than xb90ex, but the latter's coherency made it so pleasant that i really don't mind the xb90ex for the price!
post #9424 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post

Tried the GR07 Bass Edition today. THEY SOUND THE SAME AS MY XB90EX. Tragic. I have cheap ears. Although i can tell the highs are more resolving than XB90EX, but not so much that i'd be willing to shell out that kinda cash for a similar-sounding IEM. My FXZ200's treble and mids are noticeably better than xb90ex, but the latter's coherency made it so pleasant that i really don't mind the xb90ex for the price!


^ TroLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLO EVERYTHING sounds like your xb90exs. tongue.gif

 

I highly doubt those 90s have as much micro details and bass texture as the gr07 BEs, but i could be wrong. Maybe ghost can chime in since he owns all of them. haha

post #9425 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I've been reading report on Japan sites to not expect a lot of bass in the Tenores. The name means treble. So just keep that in mind when ordering the DX200.

 

Tenor is in the middle between treble and bass.

post #9426 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post

Tried the GR07 Bass Edition today. THEY SOUND THE SAME AS MY XB90EX. Tragic. I have cheap ears. Although i can tell the highs are more resolving than XB90EX, but not so much that i'd be willing to shell out that kinda cash for a similar-sounding IEM. My FXZ200's treble and mids are noticeably better than xb90ex, but the latter's coherency made it so pleasant that i really don't mind the xb90ex for the price!

 

 

Consider yourself reaaaally lucky. you don't have to shell out hundreds for satisfaction :D

post #9427 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I've been reading report on Japan sites to not expect a lot of bass in the Tenores. The name means treble. So just keep that in mind when ordering the DX200.

That's exactly what I'm counting on.

Hopefully the Tenores will turn out to be an upgrade to my Yamaha EPH100.
post #9428 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^ TroLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLO EVERYTHING sounds like your xb90exs. tongue.gif

I highly doubt those 90s have as much micro details and bass texture as the gr07 BEs, but i could be wrong. Maybe ghost can chime in since he owns all of them. haha
Lol!

Ya please don't trust my ears THEY ARE CHEAP!
Even my mother has far better ears than I do.
She doesn't read forums and yet described to me what she felt about the fxz200 after 20 secs of listening time: "like there are multiple layers of sound", "sound comes from a distance, not like they are next to me" are just some of the adjectives she used.
I was just standing there jaws dropping cos my only description for fxz200 at first was simply "sounds the same as xb90ex!"
post #9429 of 32903

I guess they all sound the same - that is when they are silent ... maybe you need to listen more to both of these to appreciate all the differences...

post #9430 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I guess they all sound the same - that is when they are silent ... maybe you need to listen more to both of these to appreciate all the differences...

Aye.

 

Thanks guys!

 

Or maybe i just have really cheap ears!

post #9431 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post

Aye.

 

Thanks guys!

 

Or maybe i just have really cheap ears!


Where did you buy your ears? Just for future reference, so I can avoid the place you bought them from biggrin.gif

post #9432 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post


Where did you buy your ears? Just for future reference, so I can avoid the place you bought them from biggrin.gif

LOL

So beeeeeechy.

BUT I LOVE IT!

post #9433 of 32903
Xb90ex does not even compete with the gr07 bass edition biggrin.gif
post #9434 of 32903

To carbo basso owners...how hard/easy are they to drive? Are they at least easier to drive than the MH1C's? Those have been a slight annoyance for me with some of my sources.

post #9435 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP1 View Post

To carbo basso owners...how hard/easy are they to drive? Are they at least easier to drive than the MH1C's? Those have been a slight annoyance for me with some of my sources.

 

I own the R-50, Yamaha EPH100, RE0, R1, JVC S400 and the MH1C... The MH1C is by far the LEAST sensitive of the bunch and totally requires way more power than my phone wants to put out. I don't know why a single, small dynamic was tuned to require so much power (especially since it has a mic and controls, aka designed for your phone), but I can bet the basso's will probably be much easier to drive.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153