or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 625

post #9361 of 32862

My ckn70's arrived yesterday. 

 

Initial impression (after about 10 hours of use) is pretty good. Bass is a little bloated to my taste and I do understand what everybody means with the treble being hot, I love my Grado's but damn these Audio-Technica is a bit too much. I usually don't care much for burn in but reading about the HUGE amount of time people are giving these I'm willing to give them more time. 


Edited by peter123 - 5/5/13 at 9:05am
post #9362 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSw-IV View Post




Hello, how many hours do you have on them? What do you use to burn them?
Mine still have those harsh highs hahaha
And do you or dont you wear the stock tips?
I use bass drive at a pretty high volume, I run it through my DAC. As for hours I'm not sure. Probably around 200. I love the stock tips, but if you want the highs to be a little easier on the ears until its burned in the Sony tips are pretty good. A few people like how the Sony tips sound better than the stock tips, I like the stock ones the best.
post #9363 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

CLR100 and COR150 ordered. AT cheapos. Oh boy!.

DS, you forgot the CK323M/S... 

post #9364 of 32862

Do the jvc s500 have micro detailing like the ckn70's?

post #9365 of 32862
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

DS, you forgot the CK323M/S... 


Gotta pick n choose. Cant afford to get em all.. Wish I could..Generally the newer the better it is for AT. Plus I need to hear how good these cheapos are..

 

My curiosity got the better of me.

post #9366 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhima View Post

I am very interested in your impressions of your choices vs. the Yamaha EPH100. I love my Yammys and my R50s, but I could do with a bit more soundstage. Not sure a $75 IEM will get you there though, but do put out a comparision for science anyways.

Yeah I'm interested to see if they will be an improvement to my Yamaha EPH100 as well.

He just messaged me asking how many of you guys will be wanting the Carbo Tenore.
post #9367 of 32862

OK, I bit for the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore phones. Used White Rabbit Japan, $66.75 to US. I'll let people know if it takes forever to arrive, any problems with the condition, etc. Gee, haven't bought headphones in at least a month...having withdrawal k701smile.gif

post #9368 of 32862

I should see the H-200 Monday or Tuesday, and I should have an ASG-2 perhaps as the end of the week for full review. I already know the Aurisonics sounds fantastic, but full reviews are forthcoming.

post #9369 of 32862
I did a bunch of listening today with IEM's which included:
All the JVC FXD series, Sony XBA-30 and 40, AT CKN50, Martin Logan Mikros 70, Sony XB90EX, Sony MDR7550, Hisound PAA-1 and the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. At the end of the day, the Carbo Basso ranked quite high amongst those. Quite a nice find if going by price.
post #9370 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I did a bunch of listening today with IEM's which included:
All the JVC FXD series, Sony XBA-30 and 40, AT CKN50, Martin Logan Mikros 70, Sony XB90EX, Sony MDR7550, Hisound PAA-1 and the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. At the end of the day, the Carbo Basso ranked quite high amongst those. Quite a nice find if going by price.

 

I can't wait for my Carbo Basso to arrive! I hope it can hold its own against my Sony XBA-3. How would you rank it against your XBA30 Danny?

post #9371 of 32862
I think the treble is smoother and is easier to listen to. It has one of the nicest treble I've heard in an earphone. Vocals are also very good but not as forward. Still it does very well. The bass is the biggest difference. The Carbo Basso is bigger and badder. I honestly can't decide if I liked the XBA-30's more or not and its always been one of my faves. I think the CB's might be more of an all rounder. Technically, the 30's probably have the edge but for just an enjoying listen for the day, I might go with the CB.
post #9372 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I think the treble is smoother and is easier to listen to. It has one of the nicest treble I've heard in an earphone. Vocals are also very good but not as forward. Still it does very well. The bass is the biggest difference. The Carbo Basso is bigger and badder. I honestly can't decide if I liked the XBA-30's more or not and its always been one of my faves. I think the CB's might be more of an all rounder. Technically, the 30's probably have the edge but for just an enjoying listen for the day, I might go with the CB.

how about against the RE400? (maybe not considering the low end...)

post #9373 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I should see the H-200 Monday or Tuesday, and I should have an ASG-2 perhaps as the end of the week for full review. I already know the Aurisonics sounds fantastic, but full reviews are forthcoming.


Yeah, I ordered the H-200's today, and hope to save some cash for the ASG-2's.

And have the Carbo Basso's coming.

 

Time to give the wallet a break.

post #9374 of 32862
RE400's are way better balanced but the treble sort of bothers me at times. I've never had this issue with any other Hifiman. I still find the RE272 to be king of treble. I find the CB to be more enjoyable listen over the RE400 but for someone that likes a flatter response should choose the RE400. The CB is emphasized but still sounds quite balanced to me. I think the low end of the RE400 is done very well though for a Hifiman.
post #9375 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

OK, I bit for the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore phones. Used White Rabbit Japan, $66.75 to US. I'll let people know if it takes forever to arrive, any problems with the condition, etc. Gee, haven't bought headphones in at least a month...having withdrawal k701smile.gif

I was gonna go for that option too, but decided to wait and see what my eBay mate could do.

Now he will send me brand new Carbo Tenore for $75 including EMS shipping. Which is amazing!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153