or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 618

post #9256 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

That natural quality may have something to do with the wooden component.
Probably, that would makes sense. I really want to try these out.
post #9257 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDragon View Post

Not a regular here, but I saw your mention of these while browsing the thread. I've been looking for a decent, reasonably-priced IEM with durable, replaceable cables (cats). Bought a pair of these on Taobao (I live as an expat in China) for RMB292, a bit less than $50. Some shops list the retail as RMB 990, or ~$150, while the last one lists it as RMB 396, ~$65. It's hard to tell if the low price reflects the newness of the product (introductory discount for product visibility) or the Kohl's mentality of putting everything on a big sale at all times so you think you're getting a better deal than you really are.

 

Typically, they should arrive within 3-4 days. If I remember when they arrive, I might post a mini-review here.

Just arrived today, been burning in for about four hours.

 

Product is CoreCool V2. I'm not particularly well-versed with IEM's, so this is a total layman's review.

 

The case is about the size of a paperback bestseller with about 200 pages. Inside is a paper flap with cutouts for presentation, foam with cutouts to securely hold the two heads and another cutout for the two cables, one with in-line mic, one without. There's also a small manual but it's all in simplified Chinese and doesn't contain much useful information. The cables are coated with a rubber or plastic of some kind but seem quite durable. The heads are about 2 cm long and aren't perfectly assembled, but it seems like they'll hold together pretty well. The heads came installed with medium-sized translucent white rubber tips, and there were no other tips in the case, but there was another small box with seven sets of tips - small, medium, and large black rubber, small and medium black foam, and two sets of straight black rubber tips that seem designed to cover the drivers without adding much size. These seem to have been thrown in by the seller, though, who also added a ten-sheet pack of corecool branded electronic wipes because Taobao merchants are weird like that.

 

There are no polarity markings on the cables, so I just plugged the heads in randomly; the first attempt led to a very poor connection with the left side while the right channel was fine, but switching the cable around fixed the problem. At first, the cord-bump sound (microphonics?) was pretty noticeable, but after a couple hours it's mostly gone - maybe because the cable needed to work out some kinks. The sound already seems better after four hours of burn in than when I first plugged them in and listened for a couple minutes. Beyond that, I won't even try to give a sound quality score; I don't have enough relevant experience. I'm not blown away (but then I'm listening to 128mpbs WMVs on a $40 mp3 player), but the sound is much better than what I was using before and I'm satisfied with them for $50.

 

Now to see if they'll stand up to the inevitable cat attack the first time I forget to store them properly.

post #9258 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

With the multiplication of FOTMs, I have to give some hype to the Astrotec AM-800. You can get them on Ebay for $50 shipped, and I think they beat the VSONIC GR06 and VC02, the two CKN phones from Audio-Technica, and many others up to $100-150. If you don't mind the shallow fit and modest isolation (personally, I think it's not bad if one isn't totally sealed off from one's surroundings - the only situation in which I've chosen something with more isolation for that reason is at night next to a snoring wife), it has pretty much everything: it's airy and ...............

 

Thanks for the review. Can you please compare them with MH1C?

post #9259 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

There is a little "edit" button above the item price when you pay for your shipping. wink.gif

So I could have asked them to mark it down as a gift?

post #9260 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


yeppp, i am gonna revise my write-up of them this week and post it here. It should be up by the end of the week. They are in essence a mix of the FXZ200s and the CKN70s with all of their best traits, nuff said. ksc75smile.gif

MIND...........



BLOWN.

post #9261 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

 

Thanks for the review. Can you please compare them with MH1C?

 

They're something like a cross between the MH1C and the GR07 - the smoothness and warmth of the former with some of the airy clarity of the latter. Definitely cleaner bass than the Sonys.

post #9262 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


yeppp, i am gonna revise my write-up of them this week and post it here. It should be up by the end of the week. They are in essence a mix of the FXZ200s and the CKN70s with all of their best traits, nuff said. ksc75smile.gif

Ah man, you are making me want those GR07 BE's! redface.gif

post #9263 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

So I could have asked them to mark it down as a gift?

 

You can edit the item price and mark it as a gift.

Check the black arrows wink.gif

 

 


Edited by Jakkal - 5/2/13 at 8:02am
post #9264 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

 

You can edit the item price and mark it as a gift.

Check the black arrows wink.gif

 

 


Ah damn it! Too late now frown.gif At least I'll know in future what to do.

post #9265 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDragon View Post

Just arrived today, been burning in for about four hours.

 

Product is CoreCool V2. I'm not particularly well-versed with IEM's, so this is a total layman's review.

 

The case is about the size of a paperback bestseller with about 200 pages. Inside is a paper flap with cutouts for presentation, foam with cutouts to securely hold the two heads and another cutout for the two cables, one with in-line mic, one without. There's also a small manual but it's all in simplified Chinese and doesn't contain much useful information. The cables are coated with a rubber or plastic of some kind but seem quite durable. The heads are about 2 cm long and aren't perfectly assembled, but it seems like they'll hold together pretty well. The heads came installed with medium-sized translucent white rubber tips, and there were no other tips in the case, but there was another small box with seven sets of tips - small, medium, and large black rubber, small and medium black foam, and two sets of straight black rubber tips that seem designed to cover the drivers without adding much size. These seem to have been thrown in by the seller, though, who also added a ten-sheet pack of corecool branded electronic wipes because Taobao merchants are weird like that.

 

There are no polarity markings on the cables, so I just plugged the heads in randomly; the first attempt led to a very poor connection with the left side while the right channel was fine, but switching the cable around fixed the problem. At first, the cord-bump sound (microphonics?) was pretty noticeable, but after a couple hours it's mostly gone - maybe because the cable needed to work out some kinks. The sound already seems better after four hours of burn in than when I first plugged them in and listened for a couple minutes. Beyond that, I won't even try to give a sound quality score; I don't have enough relevant experience. I'm not blown away (but then I'm listening to 128mpbs WMVs on a $40 mp3 player), but the sound is much better than what I was using before and I'm satisfied with them for $50.

 

Now to see if they'll stand up to the inevitable cat attack the first time I forget to store them properly.

FatDragon, those look like an interesting find, dual dynamic with detachable cable. I'm intrigued. How would you describe their sound? You say its better than what you were using before, what were they?

 

available on ebay for $99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORECOOL-V2-Dual-Dynamic-High-Fidelity-Professional-IEMs-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/290904065240?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item43bb3bc4d8


Edited by nok18 - 5/2/13 at 8:35am
post #9266 of 32908

Will the Carbo Bassos be a significant upgrade from my FX101s? Also, they are Y-cord right?

post #9267 of 32908
Definite upgrade from FX101 and has Y-cord.
post #9268 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

 

You can edit the item price and mark it as a gift.

Check the black arrows wink.gif

 

One thing that I would be concerned about is if customs opens up the package and sees the real price on the amazon bill, then figures out that you changed the waybill's declared value, which makes them then decide to bring down their wrath upon you. Could that not happen?

post #9269 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post

MIND...........

BLOWN.

 

Other good mind-blowers are the ath cks1000's. The soundstage is so deep and wide, and the imaging of instruments so layered and precise, that to me they sound as immersive and engaging as headphones (a combo of the ws99 and ad900x headphones comes to mind!).

post #9270 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I think so..It has a different enough sound from the CKN70 to call them a different phone all together. There are certainly great aspects of sound for these phones to be on their own. Now if you plan on getting a big boy can like the new SZ2000 or the WS99. I would wait a bit for impressions to roll in. I can tell you. You would love the WS99 but lets wait n see how them new JVCs will stack up..

 

The cost on the Audio Zero phones are excellent for the performance so that is one consideration. But if you have your mind set on saving up for a big can.. You gotta do what you gotta do.

 

Hi D's.. another interesting discovery! I was really impressed with the CKN70; especially for the price. Although, I still find the Sony XBA 3 a better sounding IEM over the CKN70. How do you think the DX-210 rank against them in terms of bass quality and overall sound refinement?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153