or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 541

post #8101 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

So I've been reading and comparing reviews on the ath-AD900x and the ath-A900x. I decided to go with the A900x mainly because I don't think the AD900x will have enough bass for me, and I've reading that the A900x has a decent and wide enough soundstage for a closed back. We will see, and hopefully this will be my last "headphone" in a long while. I'm not crazy about headphones, and I never listen to my M-50. I do enjoy my S500 and FA-011. And the Creative Live (but I rarely pull it out. Most of my time will be spent with earphones, but I wanted a big clear sounding headphone for occasional movie watching and to not have something stuck inside of my ears all the time. I'm reading that A900x is about on par with the AD900x in clarity. And I found them new in the USA for a fantastic price. I should see it next week. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

 

Cool! You should also get the ad900x's to compare, and then sell them to sfwalcer if you don't like 'em lol.

 

I consider myself almost to be a bass-head, simply because I really love the bass in my s500's, and also I love the bass of my bassier iem's (ie mh1c's (boomy at times), mt300's (troll on sf!) and my gr07be's (beautiful bass)). Having said that, I really don't find the bass to be lacking at all with the ad900x's - especially when paired up with the E12 v1 and it's subtle sub-bass boost. I think the main reason is because the sound is so beautiful and balanced across the entire spectrum that I am not sure that I would want it changed at all. Also, I can crank it up loud if I want without any area sounding abusive or fatiguing. Just lovely.

 

Having said that, occasionally I want to get my bass-on, and I am being persuaded that the WS99's are just a bit awesome. It is hard for me not to imagine that the ad900x and ws99 wouldn't be the perfect pair.

 

But enough about me and back to your ad900s... I hope you like them, and I am really looking forward to your impressions :)

post #8102 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Cool! You should also get the ad900x's to compare, and then sell them to sfwalcer if you don't like 'em lol.

 

I consider myself almost to be a bass-head, simply because I really love the bass in my s500's, and also I love the bass of my bassier iem's (ie mh1c's (boomy at times), mt300's (troll on sf!) and my gr07be's (beautiful bass)). Having said that, I really don't find the bass to be lacking at all with the ad900x's - especially when paired up with the E12 v1 and it's subtle sub-bass boost. I think the main reason is because the sound is so beautiful and balanced across the entire spectrum that I am not sure that I would want it changed at all. Also, I can crank it up loud if I want without any area sounding abusive or fatiguing. Just lovely.

 

Having said that, occasionally I want to get my bass-on, and I am being persuaded that the WS99's are just a bit awesome. It is hard for me not to imagine that the ad900x and ws99 wouldn't be the perfect pair.

 

But enough about me and back to your ad900s... I hope you like them, and I am really looking forward to your impressions :)

^ You know WAYNE i am starting to like your way of thinking more and more, it's literally like we share one mind. wink_face.gif  (crazy ricky boi is gonna latch onto this like he have just discovered the holy grail)

post #8103 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

If you do have the ckn70s, how bad does the ckn70 fall behind? 

It's a different sound all together.  The 40's just sound right immediately.  Good bass, midrange and treble.  Good balance and no spectrum lacks.  Bass even sounds emphasized at times but not like the 70's.  So far the 40's are a better product all around mainly because the treble of the 70's is still too peaky.  I have 120+ hours now and it's still too much.  Besides that, it's a wonderful sound that's very addicting.  I am going with ghost's suggestion and will not give up until 300 hours of burn.  

post #8104 of 32910

At 150 hours the highs were still peaky. 300 hours of burn in definitely tamed them down. 

post #8105 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaluu View Post

At 150 hours the highs were still peaky. 300 hours of burn in definitely tamed them down. 

Ok, cool.  I'll keep at it and report back.  

post #8106 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaluu View Post

At 150 hours the highs were still peaky. 300 hours of burn in definitely tamed them down. 

 

If it works out, that would be fantastic and I won't doubt the results.  I can't wait for my 70s to arrive, but the idea that it would somehow 150 hours wouldn't be enough, but 300 would seems like a piece of wishful thinking that my brain just can't accept as reality; hopefully I'm wrong. 

post #8107 of 32910

HOLY CRAP!!! These FXZ200s are FINALLY kicking up some serious dust!!! Just received my e17 and hooked them up to my lamo ipod classic, the sounds is nuts yo'.

 

 

Set it to jazz EQ on ipod on max volume, with 40 aux volume/ and everything at zero setting on the amp. The sound is so much more energetic, much MUCH more sparkle to the highs and soundstage is HUGE!!! 

 

You're absolutely correct Mr. Spacey it's cuz of my weak @ss sauce!!! Hail that gud sauce.

 

700

 

700

post #8108 of 32910
Welcome to the world of amps! Sorry about your wallet... again!
post #8109 of 32910
My hobby just kicked into another gear with tube rolling.... redface.gif
post #8110 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Welcome to the world of amps! Sorry about your wallet... again!


haha, good thing i traded for these. Pheeeew.  But i can see how this lil' amp is the gateway to possible audio nirvana or audio purgatory. very_evil_smiley.gif..........triportsad.gif

 

edit: hey man keep us updated on that lil' tube amp of yours, bet they are also kicking up some serious sonic dust huh??? How they compare to your portable amp, etc. Or they just don't compare at all??? LoL

 

edit2: Let dem gud times roll!!!


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/15/13 at 4:37pm
post #8111 of 32910
Thread Starter 

Nice, sf, I always wanted to try a E17 myself.. FXZ200 is killer on some power for certain. Reason why I will never sell mines.

 

A little update. The MX2 has been used since I plugged it into my laptop. It now has over 100 hours.. Using my AD900X. The sound is amazing.

 

Very smooth clean open sound.. I have to say this is quite the surprise. I was sounding good before but not quite like I am hearing it now..

 

Burn in of the MX2 is definitely required. Amazing deal. Now it moves past the Fire Phoenix.  There are things I love about my FP but this definitely has a higher end sound..

post #8112 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Nice, sf, I always wanted to try a E17 myself.. FXZ200 is killer on some power for certain. Reason why I will never sell mines.

 

A little update. The MX2 has been used since I plugged it into my laptop. It now has over 100 hours.. Using my AD900X. The sound is amazing.

 

Very smooth clean open sound.. I have to say this is quite the surprise. I was sounding good before but not quite like I am hearing it now..

 

Burn in of the MX2 is definitely required. Amazing deal. Now it moves past the Fire Phoenix.  There are things I love about my FP but this definitely has a higher end sound..


How they compare to your Meridian Explorer would be a more interesting comparison. Man lovin' your Doc. Evil avatar by the way. Might have to go Austin Powers on you. biggrin.gif

 

Is it normal i find myself laughing and smiling hysterically like a fool now listening to my amp and 200s??? Only my modded set of S500s has done this to me, man i think i am losing it. deadhorse.gif

 

edit: how is the bass end on those MX2 Ds??? And is the Meridian Explorer of similar sound siggy or is a completely different animal when compared to the MX2s. haha The FP looks like it's still the champ for a budget audiophile setup, nice.  Oh yeah completely forgot about that Blue Ocean Tube Amp of yours, haven't seen you talking about them much of late??? How they stack up would also be really interesting as well. Thanks Ds for the updates man, keep them coming.


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/15/13 at 5:31pm
post #8113 of 32910
Thread Starter 

Oh man. WS99 sounds freak sauce with the MX2. Gonna try out my FXZ200..

 

Ya this is amazing. Everything I have thrown on the MX2 sounds too good.. I haven't heard this for a solid 48 hours and I have to say. This could overtake the ME in sound..


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/15/13 at 5:12pm
post #8114 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Oh man. WS99 sounds freak sauce with the MX2. Gonna try out my FXZ200..

 

Ya this is amazing. Everything I have thrown on the MX2 sounds too good.. I haven't heard this for a solid 48 hours and I have to say. This could overtake the ME in sound..

^

post #8115 of 32910

So guys, if you had to put a price on them, how much would you say the CKN70's are worth?

 

I received a letter today notifying me that I was able to go and pay customs to release them and the amount they hit me with was £24 ($36). So £45 ($67) plus shipping and customs ended up being around £85 ($128).

 

Worth it or not?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153